• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

MM'ing for Shinies: How long has it taken you?

Reaction score
List like:
Shiny 1: 50 eggs (meaning the 51th egg was a Shiny).

(Of course, exact egg counts probably aren't known unless you're an MM'ing machine or something. So, do your best to guesstimate.)

remember me
Reaction score
At the moment I'm going for an Eevee and I just hit the 200 egg mark.

Reaction score
What is MM?

Anyway, with the way RNG works, I'm not quite sure that the real odds to get a shiny are even close to 1 in 2048/8192.

The World won't fail.
Reaction score
I tried it last summer,but after 200 Vulpixes,I got bored and gave up. I'm thinking of trying again with Charmanders this time.

What is MM?
MM means Masuda Method. Basically if you breed two Pokemon from different language games (eg. an English one with a Japanese one),the chances that their offspring would be shiny are six times greater.

Reaction score
I managed to be very lucky and got a Shiny Piplup on the ~15th egg. I am not sure of the exact number, but I was pretty certain that I hatched less than 20 eggs.

Reaction score
I believe I'm on my 22nd box of Lillipup so 22 x 30 + 12 (that I used for trading) so about 672 No shine yet :/

cute patootie
Reaction score
I've been trying for a shiny Emolga and am probably on egg 200 or so now; no shiny yet.

Reaction score
I've been trying for a long time for a shiny Trapinch but no luck ): I think I've filled up like 4 boxes since I release them if I feel that they're taking too much space or just plain depressing to look at

In the end I got lazy and just cheated myself a shiny eevee and umbreon.....I didn't want to cheat a Trapinch since I felt that all my hard work would go to waste :I

Gangsta's Paradise
Reaction score
I'm at over 900 for my tepig hunt right now. I have a feeling it's not gonna come any time soon, but I can always hope.

Reaction score
I am at 750 round about for a Aron and have gotten very desperate my favorite was rng'd by a friend and I have turned it for my Argon (yes i know) Aggron .... blue shiny Argon gas is blue when full power in a neon light or laser could not be more perfect :)

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME
Reaction score
12 years and still have never seen a shiny without an AR

Monoceros
Reaction score
2,325 Golett eggs and no shiny at all. Seriously, nothing. The little bugger seems to be avoiding me for some reason. (Which is odd, for once I get my sweet little Guardian, he shall be quite spoiled.)

drowning sea beasts
Reaction score
In HG I started breeding bulbasaurs for my friend and on the sixth egg there was a shiny! I was shocked and extremely happy. I named the bulbasaur after my friend to thank him :)

Reaction score
The only shiny Ive ever hatched by MM, Hoppip, took 787 eggs to appear shiny. Im glad I didnt have to hatch more like thousands.