• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MM'ing for Shinies: How long has it taken you?

Scorp

Reaction score
List like:
Shiny 1: 50 eggs (meaning the 51th egg was a Shiny).

(Of course, exact egg counts probably aren't known unless you're an MM'ing machine or something. So, do your best to guesstimate.)

What is MM?

Anyway, with the way RNG works, I'm not quite sure that the real odds to get a shiny are even close to 1 in 2048/8192.

I tried it last summer,but after 200 Vulpixes,I got bored and gave up. I'm thinking of trying again with Charmanders this time.

What is MM?

MM means Masuda Method. Basically if you breed two Pokemon from different language games (eg. an English one with a Japanese one),the chances that their offspring would be shiny are six times greater.

I managed to be very lucky and got a Shiny Piplup on the ~15th egg. I am not sure of the exact number, but I was pretty certain that I hatched less than 20 eggs.

I believe I'm on my 22nd box of Lillipup so 22 x 30 + 12 (that I used for trading) so about 672 No shine yet :/

I've been trying for a long time for a shiny Trapinch but no luck ): I think I've filled up like 4 boxes since I release them if I feel that they're taking too much space or just plain depressing to look at

In the end I got lazy and just cheated myself a shiny eevee and umbreon.....I didn't want to cheat a Trapinch since I felt that all my hard work would go to waste :I

I'm at over 900 for my tepig hunt right now. I have a feeling it's not gonna come any time soon, but I can always hope.

I am at 750 round about for a Aron and have gotten very desperate my favorite was rng'd by a friend and I have turned it for my Argon (yes i know) Aggron .... blue shiny Argon gas is blue when full power in a neon light or laser could not be more perfect :)

2,325 Golett eggs and no shiny at all. Seriously, nothing. The little bugger seems to be avoiding me for some reason. (Which is odd, for once I get my sweet little Guardian, he shall be quite spoiled.)

In HG I started breeding bulbasaurs for my friend and on the sixth egg there was a shiny! I was shocked and extremely happy. I named the bulbasaur after my friend to thank him :)

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom