• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MMORPG-ish?

Nomekop Oen

Mewtwo Disciple
Reaction score
In a sense that what if D/P gives us ALL of the known Pokemon World to explore.Kanto,Johto,Hoenn,Orre,and the new D/P region plus the added option of choosing your starting point.And each trainer comes across his/her starter Pokemon in a different way.

For example:

Orre - Young trainer isn't really interested in Pokemon,but Mom forces him/her to go choose a starter Pokemon from Prof.'s laboratory so that it can protect him/her from any hooligans. (since Orre is a harsh region that's still in development)

Kanto - Young trainer travels through a forest delivering a package to a nearby town and comes across 3 routes.(lets say he/she takes the middle route) Young trainer sees a Charmander drowning in a river heading downstream.Young trainer jumps in and rescues it,nurses it back to health,and becomes his starter Pokemon. (each route determines what Pokemon you'll save and what your starter will be)

Johto - Eh,lets say it's like Kanto except the Pokemon saves the trainer. XD

And so on.....

Personally,I wouldn't mind if the new story was only as good as R/S's story if D/P offers something like this.What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Well, in my opinion this would be great for the third game in the Diamond Pearl Series.

No.

If DP are online, they should have a simple Netbattle-like component. A full-blown MMO would not only alienate numerous fans, it just doesn't make sense on a handheld. MMOs are for long sessions of play, amounting to hours of continuous gaming. This conflicts with the pick-up-and-play nature of handhelds.

Well I didn't say anything about a full-blown MMORPG.Just in the sense of a huge world that MMO's are known for.That's it.

And if D/P does go online,I believe integrating a huge world into the game *would* make sense.It would be a little dull if everybody battling online was from 'D/P land'.

MistyIRC said:
No.

If DP are online, they should have a simple Netbattle-like component. A full-blown MMO would not only alienate numerous fans, it just doesn't make sense on a handheld. MMOs are for long sessions of play, amounting to hours of continuous gaming. This conflicts with the pick-up-and-play nature of handhelds.

Yeah, but I was thinking more along the idea of getting to pick a region to start from.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom