• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

What do you want and what do you expect?

• I expect and want Gen. VI

Votes: 61 49.2%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

Votes: 16 12.9%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next year

Welp, time to start saving up for a 3DS, then.

Wow... I cannot wait for Gen VI now... Of course Gen VI will include RSE remakes, more Pokemon, and probably for 3DS. Hope for better designs, too.

Of course Gen VI will include RSE remakes
That's what people said about the current generation. I don't mind people thinking that remakes are likely, but it's wrong to assume that they're guaranteed in any way.

Of course Gen VI will include RSE remakes
That's what people said about the current generation. I don't mind people thinking that remakes are likely, but it's wrong to assume that they're guaranteed in any way.

Yeah I feel the same way also. I think it's wrong to assume that's why I always add that maybe or if. I do think that if they somehow release Ruby and Sapphire Remakes I could see them coming out after the Main Series 3DS Games (Generation 6) sort of like FireRed And LeafGreen came out after Ruby and Sapphire so if anything this would probably be the timeline of 6th Generation Main Series Games...

1.New Duo 6th Generation Games (2013)
2.Ruby and Sapphire Remakes (2014)
3.Third Version or New Duo Sequels to the first games (2015)

Last edited:

I'll assume this means I'll have to buy a 3DS, which I don't mind, since I like Pokémon. Gaming is such an expensive hobby, though! :(

Of course Generation 6 debuts next year, I hope that its innovative and truly appealing which I'm almost sure it will be. Hope that its as plot based as B/W were.

I wonder if they will go back to Third Games in Gen 6 or continue making Sequels? I honestly liked B2W2, Id hope they'd want to continue with sequels.

I still maintain that simple third versions can no longer be justified with the advent of DLC. DLC can do a lot of things with this series like event Pokemon, (dreaded lol) new formes, different battles, new routes & areas, and even in game events. All of this is the usual third version territory, so Game Freak is gonna have to take it up a notch when the series moves to the 3DS.

The paired versions at the very least can be maintained far longer than normal until another main series game is released.

Gen 5 has looked pretty done for a while now, so I'm not surprised. Now we just wait and see if this is Gen 6 or some sort of crazy curveball.

I'm all ready for gen 6 too. It's funny, though, on how gen 5 ended up throwing so many curveballs at us that at this point we have to consider more of them as a possibility.

I love this franchise.

They will work toward it?

Sounds like they just started development. I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment to think that that means a new generation for 2013.

Unless they really, really want an unpolished game that has had less than a year of development.

That vocal minority will not only continue beyond this, but will remain delusional enough to think Hoenn will be in the Gen 6 games when they're announced. The fact that "HOENN CONFIRMED" was once a serious concept is proof of this.
I'm sorry that you consider the people who'd like to see Hoenn revamped "delusional".

Same goes for assuming that Generation VI will happen next year.

They will work toward it?

Sounds like they just started development. I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment to think that that means a new generation for 2013.
I doubt it, iirc they started developing BW in 2007 and DP in 2004. In fact they supposedly got their inspiration from the DP debut in America after a trip there for Unova.

I personally think Gen 5 is the best generation, Pokemon, areas, events, evil team, morals in the game and a very interesting castelia of characters made these games so much fun for me. Not to mention the large amount of new Pokemon compared to DP's 107 Pokemon, which kinda sucked since a lot involved getting an older Pokemon from another game in D/P. Plus there were hardly any Water-types or Fire-types, it was okay but B/W was vastly better imo.

Unless they really, really want an unpolished game that has had less than a year of development.
They've had access to 3DS development kits since early 2010, so it's safe to assume that Generation VI has already been in development for nearly three years. Mind you, Diamond and Pearl's development only lasted two years.

Venator said:
Same goes for assuming that Generation VI will happen next year.
The critical difference is that they've never implied that they're working on remakes.

looks like new genarations are being introduced year by year! awesome!

They've had access to 3DS development kits since early 2010, so it's safe to assume that Generation VI has already been in development for nearly three years. Mind you, Diamond and Pearl's development only lasted two years.
Erm... no? You can't really assume anything when the only information you have is a really, really blank statement that says (paraphrasing) "we will towards the future of the Pokemon games". Just because they've had access to the 3DS tech since 2010, does not mean that they were already making Gen 6 games within months of BW's release.

Overeager assumptions just set you up for disappointment.

The critical difference is that they've never implied that they're working on remakes.
That matters? I don't think there was ever any information regarding the development of FR/LG or HG/SS before they were announced, and it's safe to assume that they will work on a new generation regardless. I mean, come on. There's not even a risk.

In addition, you're, once again, assuming that this statement means "OMG gen 6 this year!". I mean, come on. I love Pokemon as much as the next addict, but I'll never assume that they're going to release a new generation so early on. Even the blank statement doesn't say anything about releasing a game.

Erm... no? You can't really assume anything when the only information you have is a really, really blank statement that says (paraphrasing) "we will towards the future of the Pokemon games". Just because they've had access to the 3DS tech since 2010, does not mean that they were already making Gen 6 games within months of BW's release.

Well considering Game Freak started to work on Gen V as soon as Gen IV was released, I don't see the harm in assuming they've been planning Gen VI for a while now.

Just because they've had access to the 3DS tech since 2010, does not mean that they were already making Gen 6 games within months of BW's release.
Yes, it does. There has to be a reason why they were given those development kits, and obviously the Generation V games have nothing to do with the 3DS. Combine that with the fact that Black and White entered development way back in late 2006, it's quite obvious that something similar happened here. That reason isn't HarmoKnight, either, since that was a small project developed by very few employees in 2011.

Overeager assumptions just set you up for disappointment.
Speak for yourself. I am not the one looking forward to remakes on the DS with nothing more than wishful thinking to go on.

Even the blank statement doesn't say anything about releasing a game.
If they were going to release another game first, they'd hint at that one instead.

Yes, it does. There has to be a reason why they were given those development kits, and obviously the Generation V games have nothing to do with the 3DS.
How do you know when they were given development kits?

You don't. You're eagerly assuming that they they started work shortly after BW's release just like every overeager fan who says "next year will be the new generation".

Combine that with the fact that Black and White entered development way back in late 2006, it's quite obvious that something similar happened here.
Quite obvious if you like to jump to conclusions.

Speak for yourself. I am not the one looking forward to remakes on the DS with nothing more than wishful thinking to go on.
I would have hated to be one of the many people who hoped and wished for Johto remakes then... oh, wait.

If they were going to release another game first, they'd hint at that one instead.
Okay? What does that have to do with them not talking about releasing any games yet? All I've seen is a few statements saying that they are working on games.

Of course Generation 6 debuts next year, I hope that its innovative and truly appealing which I'm almost sure it will be. Hope that its as plot based as B/W were.

I wonder if they will go back to Third Games in Gen 6 or continue making Sequels? I honestly liked B2W2, Id hope they'd want to continue with sequels.

I still maintain that simple third versions can no longer be justified with the advent of DLC. DLC can do a lot of things with this series like event Pokemon, (dreaded lol) new formes, different battles, new routes & areas, and even in game events. All of this is the usual third version territory, so Game Freak is gonna have to take it up a notch when the series moves to the 3DS.

The paired versions at the very least can be maintained far longer than normal until another main series game is released.
That's one of the main reasons why Gen 6 is something I long for more then anything. B2W2 is step in doing things right in terms of keeping the generation going, and with DLC even then its contributions could be easily dwarfed. Anything outisde of the main duo of games would need some serious extensions, perhaps even going as far as expanding the regional dex. Hell if you think about it the number of Pokemon in the dex might be revealed but its gonna take a good long while getting them all revealed by the fanbase when they first come out, unless hacking goes far by the time they're out. And that's without considering that event Pokemon will literally be new Pokemon to us. Hacking has been a detrimental force for Pokemon, and it losing its power might be the best part of gen 6.

Yes, it does. There has to be a reason why they were given those development kits, and obviously the Generation V games have nothing to do with the 3DS.
How do you know when they were given development kits?

You don't. You're eagerly assuming that they they started work shortly after BW's release just like every overeager fan who says "next year will be the new generation".

Combine that with the fact that Black and White entered development way back in late 2006, it's quite obvious that something similar happened here.
Quite obvious if you like to jump to conclusions.

I would have hated to be one of the many people who hoped and wished for Johto remakes then... oh, wait.

Okay? What does that have to do with them not talking about releasing any games yet? All I've seen is a few statements saying that they are working on games.
Yes we do. GF was openly making statements when the 3DS was revealed and numerous times have they been stated by Nintendo themselves that they first got the kit before a lot of other studios. As for the obvious bit, its always known that GF works 2-3 games simultaneously which is why BW doesn't have a lot of stuff HGSS has, or for that matter Pt doesn't have that HGSS does. They always worked in teams, and when BW was done the backup worked on B2W2 while the main team was trudging along to the new gen on the 3DS.

Well, we all know it was going to happen sooner or later, the hints were all over the place, mainly with how the anime has been going lately.

There are many things I'm hoping to see in Gen 6, mainly evolutions to some of my favorite Pokemon (not Eevee though, as I personally don't want any new Eeveelutions), but of course, I will like the original ideas too. Game Freak just better not disappoint me.

Well, we all know it was going to happen sooner or later, the hints were all over the place, mainly with how the anime has been going lately.

There are many things I'm hoping to see in Gen 6, mainly evolutions to some of my favorite Pokemon (not Eevee though, as I personally don't want any new Eeveelutions), but of course, I will like the original ideas too. Game Freak just better not disappoint me.
Id dissagree on the Eeveelution bit, it's been a while since we have seen Eeveelutions and I definately would not mind seeing more if Game Freak is willing to make more. Also if I recall correctly the 3DS is extremely hard to hack, meaning event Pokemon will actually be secret again. I kinda like that, it gives a nostalgic feel for the early generations when no one knew about them. With DLC, they can keep them secret and it will actually be a surprise when they release them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom