• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

What do you want and what do you expect?

• I expect and want Gen. VI

Votes: 61 49.2%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

Votes: 16 12.9%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next year

I'd love a Pokémon Garnet Version...but after BW, I don't want to put my money on anything that concrete.

This is kinda off topic but this is my first time witnessing the introduction to a new generation does anyone knows what they usually reveal when their announcing a new gen?
Usually, a new Pokémon is revealed in February, with games revealed around April/May. This is happening pretty early (I guess because TPC and Nintendo want a 2013 western release too?).

This is exciting! can't wait!

Funny how the other announcement will be made 2 days after Pokemon Smash. I guess Pokemon Smash will beat them to the punch. :p

Or they will massively c**kblock us by showing the sillouhette of a Pokémon and later announcing the Pokémon two days later. Zoroark was shown as a silhouette four days before Corocoro leaked(which means it really wasn't that far way from the actual release of the magazine, in fact, its Amazon release date was 15th September, 9 days after Smash.). I am more optimistic about this though.

Last edited:

Serebii has said that Masuda and Morimoto will be on the show in relation to a Smash Host Tournament or something.

8th January is still fair game though.

Serebii has said that Masuda and Morimoto will be on the show in relation to a Smash Host Tournament or something.
Which should have been obvious to anyone who was actually paying attention to the tweets.

They could still foreshadow the announcement, though.

Which should have been obvious to anyone who was actually paying attention to the tweets.
Why do that when I can go all hype mad? xD

They could still foreshadow the announcement, though.
Hopefully! At the very least though, only an extra 2 days to wait.

Someone has to say something about the announcement, considering that right now we don't know where to expect to see it, or when exactly that will be. Yesterday's teaser was very random and uninformative.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Matsuda going to be appear on today's Pokemon Smash?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Matsuda going to be appear on today's Pokemon Smash?

No, it's next week's episode (January 6th).

I'd love a Pokémon Garnet Version...but after BW, I don't want to put my money on anything that concrete.

This is kinda off topic but this is my first time witnessing the introduction to a new generation does anyone knows what they usually reveal when their announcing a new gen?
Usually, a new Pokémon is revealed in February, with games revealed around April/May. This is happening pretty early (I guess because TPC and Nintendo want a 2013 western release too?).

Not really. This can just be a repeat of Pokemon B/W. New generation announced in January. Game titles and mascots revealed in April (or was it May?). And games are released in September in Japan.

International release would be be scheduled for Spring of the following year.

Make this happen, Game Freak!

Not really. This can just be a repeat of Pokemon B/W. New generation announced in January. Game titles and mascots revealed in April (or was it May?). And games are released in September in Japan.

International release would be be scheduled for Spring of the following year.

Make this happen, Game Freak!
January 2010 saw mention of a potential reveal, but no actual reveal. The first silhouette (Zorua and Zoroark's) was revealed on Pokémon Smash on 6th February 2010, with a full reveal the following week in CoroCoro. Black/White were then revealed on 9th April 2010, with Reshiram and Zekrom being revealed both in Japan and internationally on 28th May 2010.

It's true that the pattern could be repeated again, but I'm not convinced it will. I'm still dead certain that Black 2/White 2 receiving a June 2012 launch in Japan was to allow a 2012 international release, considering how they were still for the DS though. The localisation period between games has also been decreasing (the time between B2W2 was 3.5 months and the latest Mystery Dungeon game is about 4 months), so even if the games are released in Japan in the usual September slot, I wouldn't count out a December 2013 international release (because Nintendo would obviously want to push it before Christmas as opposed to launching soon after).

Before we can discuss international dates in more detail though, we'll have to wait for details about the Japanese launch to surface though xD. Considering the stage the anime is at though, I doubt we'll be seeing a September launch in Japan - 36 episodes for the N saga feels like too much. Could happen...but we'll have to Sewaddle happen.

Before we can discuss international dates in more detail though, we'll have to wait for details about the Japanese launch to surface though xD. Considering the stage the anime is at though, I doubt we'll be seeing a September launch in Japan - 36 episodes for the N saga feels like too much. Could happen...but we'll have to Sewaddle happen.
We know that Movie 16 is a Best Wishes movie. With that in mind, Generation VI could be released in late July at the earliest, so it may as well be September. 30-35 episodes for a filler saga is hardly unheard of (the Orange Islands saga lasted that long, and the Battle Frontier saga lasted longer). For all we know, the last few months of Best Wishes might revolve around something unexpected, or alternatively, there will just be a lot of fillers.

We know that Movie 16 is a Best Wishes movie. With that in mind, Generation VI could be released in late July at the earliest, so it may as well be September. 30-35 episodes for a filler saga is hardly excessive, and for all we know the last few months of Best Wishes might revolve around something unexpected, or alternatively, there will just be a lot of fillers.
True. There will probably only be around a dozen or so episodes actually focusing on the N arc, but then another 3 or 4 between each one about a generic character of the day and their generic COTD problems xD.

I wouldn't be surprised if The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo of America/Europe try to get it pushed out internationally before the year is out though. We'll have to wait and see though.

I could see them wanting to push the games out internationally before the end of 2013. If they wait until early 2014 to release it internationally, that means it would have been 3+ years since the 3DS was released. That's not a good benchmark for Nintendo to set, so I would hope they would try get the first mainline 3DS Pokemon game out before it reaches that point.

So they're really rushing to get 6th gen out ASAP since it'll be 3 years since the 3DS came world wide. I expect another short Generation before the announcement of the Next Handheld in 2014; there they'll give Game Freak two years to develop 7th gen for said Handheld and thus the cycle of One Pokémon gen per Handheld Gen will resume as always.

5th gen was destined to be rushed since they announced it the same year that they announce the 3DS, along with it Still being developed for the DS rather than reworked for 3DS (it could took them a year, but it'll be enough to give it a proper release anyways).

I expect another short Generation before the announcement of the Next Handheld in 2014; there they'll give Game Freak two years to develop 7th gen for said Handheld and thus the cycle of One Pokémon gen per Handheld Gen will resume as always.
At first I wanted to say that I wouldn't bet on that happening considering how long the DS lasted. But after looking around, I think you may have a point. Nintendo may be worried about the mobile and tablet markets, which have shorter upgrade cycles than the handheld systems do. But even if a successor were to be released in 2015, Game Freak could easily wait until 2017 to release Generation VII, which would make Generation VI four years long. A 2014 launch would be surprising, but I suppose it might happen.

Last edited:

Nintendo may be worried about the mobile and tablet markets, which have shorter upgrade cycles than the handheld systems do.

They'll have nothing to worry about since Smartphones and Tablet were ment to be mobile PCs/Macs anyways. the 5 year Cycle of Consoles and Handheld will continue unless somehow the computer technology is advancing far beyond what we could comprehend.

I'll give them until 2016, one year after the handheld's release, to finish gen 7.

And for the RSE port: I suspect that they'll throw in the battle mechanics of gen 6 to make it compatible with the upcoming games, along with features introduced in emerald for both version, and released it for the 3DS virtual Console. Also do the same thing with FRLG.

Last edited:

I just hope Game Freak does something cool yet unexpected with Generation 6. Something that'll make it the Generation to top when other Generations come out in the future. I'm just excited to see what It'll be like :)

So they're really rushing to get 6th gen out ASAP since it'll be 3 years since the 3DS came world wide. I expect another short Generation before the announcement of the Next Handheld in 2014; there they'll give Game Freak two years to develop 7th gen for said Handheld and thus the cycle of One Pokémon gen per Handheld Gen will resume as always.

5th gen was destined to be rushed since they announced it the same year that they announce the 3DS, along with it Still being developed for the DS rather than reworked for 3DS (it could took them a year, but it'll be enough to give it a proper release anyways).

I really don't think Nintendo will announce its next handheld until many years later... Just like Gen 4 and 5, I believe Gen 6 and 7 will be released on the same handheld console; the 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom