• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

What do you want and what do you expect?

• I expect and want Gen. VI

Votes: 61 49.2%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

Votes: 16 12.9%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next year

So I was wondering, seeing as its just a date and nothing concrete, what are the odds that if this has to do with a new Pokemon, which could be used to go along with the big news with a reveal in corocoro, that we're gonna get some news on Thursday? That news years specials on, and as far as we know there is some movie 16 news in there somewhere, which could tie into this.
The fact that TV Tokyo teased the announcement a week and a half in advance, and following an old B2W2 commercial of all things, suggests to me that they wanted to make a point that the announcement will be strictly game-related. That's why I am not expecting to see a silhouette of the movie star just yet.
What's more game related then a new Pokemon? And anyway, I'm not discounting the announcement that something awesome this way comes, I'm just not sure that whatever is in January 8th isn't gonna be some random words. I know February was always the time to reveal the movie star, but something tells me this is gonna be something like Zoroark but combined with the brief mention of new games. Something like sometime by September you'll have your damn games you rabid bunch of fans, but here's a new Pokemon to tide you over till anything concrete comes.

What's more game related then a new Pokemon? And anyway, I'm not discounting the announcement that something awesome this way comes, I'm just not sure that whatever is in January 8th isn't gonna be some random words. I know February was always the time to reveal the movie star, but something tells me this is gonna be something like Zoroark but combined with the brief mention of new games. Something like sometime by September you'll have your damn games you rabid bunch of fans, but here's a new Pokemon to tide you over till anything concrete comes.
They announced Generation V two weeks before they revealed Zoroark and Zorua. All I'm saying is that I suspect something similar will happen here, which is to say that we may not get anything more than confirmation that Generation VI will indeed be released this year.

CoroCoro could show a silhouette of the new Pokémon a week after the announcement, leaving us waiting until February to see it unveiled.

Awesooomme!!!
Actually, I haven't finish my BW2 :p

I was thinking the same thing as Silktree, they may just confirm that a new generation is coming this year, like they did on January 29th 2010. But if it was the same kind of annoucement, they could do this during the last week of January. So i'm expecting something for the Coro coro. But we don't have to take patterns for our speculation, remember that Diamond & Pearl were revealed on October 2004 so they can reveal the new games's name, even if they will be released in September. Then, they would begin to cover those games in April, like BW, or in May, like HG/SS, Platinum & DP.

Didn't know that bout DP. But still, things are much more organized then they were before, and even if this the games being confirmed, I still have a funny feeling its gonna include something we're not expecting.

I hope it isn't just for 3ds.

Then you're in for a letdown unfortunately. They won't produce any more main games for the DS.

I just can't wait for the announcement!

They usually come out of the blue sometime in January or February, and then announce a new generation, then they show a silhouette of a Pokemon, then they announce the Pokemon.

Last edited:

It will be. Gotta keep up with 'em systems if you wanna keep up with 'em games.

i don't see how that's surprising, they always make new generations :3

It will be. Gotta keep up with 'em systems if you wanna keep up with 'em games.

Yeah pretty much. personally, I want gen 3 remakes to be on the 3DS, so that GF is more acclimated to the system before the Gen 6 games are released. How GF will "expand" the world could be new pokemon, even if they decide to do gen 3 remakes first.

Then you're in for a letdown unfortunately. They won't produce any more main games for the DS.

Sorry but how do you know this ?

BW2 were released for the DS despite the 3DS being out already. The new games could easily be on both again, far more people own the DSI/DS Lite then the 3ds anyway so it they release it on both they will make alot more money and keep alot more fans happy.

Last edited:

Are you kidding? The DS is over 6 years old. It's seriously time to move on.

By that logic, they should have released Ruby/Sapphire on the Gameboy Color rather than the Gameboy Advanced. We have to move on to a new platform sometime, this is nothing new so why people act like it is baffles me.

Anywho, I wonder what the Gen 6 games will be called. Since we've already had: Platinum, Gold, and Silver, perhaps its time for Bronze & Iron versions. A second "metal Generation" would be kinda neat.

By that logic, they should have released Ruby/Sapphire on the Gameboy Color rather than the Gameboy Advanced. We have to move on to a new platform sometime, this is nothing new so why people act like it is baffles me.

Anywho, I wonder what the Gen 6 games will be called. Since we've already had: Platinum, Gold, and Silver, perhaps its time for Bronze & Iron versions. A second "metal Generation" would be kinda neat.

I would personally like to see a Titanium version, but I have no idea what it would be paired with. I was thinking of something it could alloyed with, so the versions wouldn't be based on opposites, but I didn't really find one. Aluminium? I don't know.

There are so many fan names for future Pokemon games out there, but I honestly don't find the sound of Amethyst that bad, though then again, what would it be paired with?

^Perhaps another metal like steel?

I like the sprite style gameplay but an additional 3D version of future games would keep me replaying them. The series doesn't have much replay value for me because I like to preserve my original trainer so I usually just collection/train my favorites and then leave it until an event is announced. I like the idea of the Dream World because it keeps me interested in pokemon.

Personally I think a mixture of Color/Metal would be interesting. Like:

Crimson + Teal
Jade + Scarlet
Amber + Copper
Topaz + Purple

Though the most likely ones are Crimson, Scarlet and Purple; considering they're officially trademarked names by Nintendo. Hell no one though B&W would ever be used.

I guess it can't be helped.
Maybe Pokemon Spectrum and Pokemon Murk.
Players from pokemon spectrum could be on one team, the "good" team, and Murk could be the "bad" side. There would be competitions between the teams, like "which side won the tournament", etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom