• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

What do you want and what do you expect?

• I expect and want Gen. VI

Votes: 61 49.2%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

Votes: 16 12.9%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deer-like legendary looks like Kingdra's head...

Is one of them supposed to be X and the other Y? The flying Pokémon looked kinda like a Y.

If you look at the logos you'll see that the flying one is Y and the deer is the X.

My mind will be going crazy all night wondering about details like how big the world is and how long the game will be! I wonder how much of what fans want they've taken into consideration when making it?!?!

They made every Kristen Schaal character into a pokemon.

attachment.php
burgers_louise.jpg

I have to be honest I was a bit underwhelmed with the graphics, I loved how the overworld looked but the frame rate looked really low which made the game look choppy. Luigi's Mansion had the same problem too when first revealed but they fixed it up. We still have 9 months until release so hopefully they will fix it up! It looked amazing don't get me wrong, just a little choppy in areas.

So this could be the first time since RS that the cover mascots aren't Dragon-type? (Well, not sure about the flying legend.) Well played, Game Freak.

Still, for such a audacious move there's quite a focus on Unova Pokémon...and no new Eeveelution yet (until this summer, anyway).

Last edited:
After I saw the overworld my jaw dropped and the gum i was chewing fell out.

I can't remember what the grass starter looked like but the fire starter looked like a fox, and the water starter looked like a frog? weird. I need to get a 3ds soon.
tumblr_mgb0c826fg1r2w685o1_500.png
tumblr_mgb0eoANiI1rpdp04o2_250.jpg
tumblr_mgb0eoANiI1rpdp04o3_250.jpg

Grass starter wins my heart ^^

Fennekin does for me. BUT I need their final evos and stats/movesets etc before I pick who i chose. WHO WILL JOIN, Blastoise! Typhlosion! Swampert! Torterra! Samurott! We will find out.....soon enough.....

Pokemon X and Y huh?? Interesting titles, though maybe they have ran out of colors? I'm assuming then the next game is Z.

Graphics look amazing, starters are pretty cute, especially Fennekin. I'm likely choosing a Fire-type for once. It's quite possible these regions are based on Paris? Looking at the tower in the trailer they could be.

I love the new battling system looks beautiful. Finally we get detailed background with buildings and trees and such and the battling looks so realistic. Honestly I can't wait/

I like what they did with the 3D models. The textures still look sprite-y and are better than Pokedex 3D's plastic looking textures.

Pokemon X and Y huh?? Interesting titles, though maybe they have ran out of colors? I'm assuming then the next game is Z.
New Pokemon Versions X² and Y² coming in 2015 from Troll Freak!
Probably, that would be awesome titles. I hope they go back to the traditional third version and call it Z. That makes more sense to me.

New Pokemon Versions X² and Y² coming in 2015 from Troll Freak!
Probably, that would be awesome titles. I hope they go back to the traditional third version and call it Z. That makes more sense to me.

I dunno, I like what they did with BW2 - sequels instead of just "Oh here's a 3rd game now with the same content + another legendary to catch" angle.

I love all five new Pokémon so much - never expected to like all three Starters to the point where I honestly can't decide which one I'll choose - the final forms will probably decide it for me though ;)

Have actually watched this trailer about 6 times now XD Haven't seen anyone post this yet:

Gym_zps2ac3acf5.png

Is that a Gym re-using the Unova symbol design? Reminds me of Caitlin's room from B/W/B2/W2 - maybe Psychic type Gym?

Sorry for the pic being so big :p

My thoughts:

Well, at first I didn't know what to make of it. I will miss sprites, it feels less main series and more Colosseum. But after watching it back, I think I like it.
Chespin - Oshawott meets Nuzleaf
Fennekin - can't possibly be fire/fighting.
Froakie - Um....
Legends - different!
Female protagonist - do not like her clothes.
Same international release date means no spoilers from Japan!
I was hoping for/ thinking that the release date would be spring summer. I can cope for 10 months, I'm sure.
Paris! Do we think there will be London/Madrid/Berlin too?

Also, I'm amazed at how many closet Pokemon fans I have on facebook. Everyones talking to me about starters/region etc now when they have never mentioned it before!

Now, I need to know more. I kind of feel empty now its over!

. I hope they go back to the traditional third version and call it Z. That makes more sense to me.

Me too, but maybe Pokemon DNA? Who knows... I'd kind of like a RSE sequel (yes, sequel) first, so I'm not stuck in one region for 2-3 years. But hey-ho, who knows.

My one regret?

No "Pokemon V".

(aw heck, Victini came the closest already)

Now that we know about these games, I think we're now at the point where we can split this up into separate topics which are already starting to crop up, so I'm going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom