Epic Battle Event: Legendary Gauntlet
3 powerful opponents arrive in Pokémon Masters EX with the return of the Legendary Gauntlet. Functioning the same as past Legendary Gauntlets, players will use the sync pairs they have raised to battle through Moltres, Uxie, and Latias's Legendary Arena battles in succession. Players can use as many sync pairs as needed to complete these stages and rack up as many wins as possible. Once a sync pair has been taken into battle, however, they can't be used again regardless of the battle's outcome. Players can earn a variety of rewards by hitting certain win streak milestones, including BP Points, Move Candy Coins, a Guaranteed Lucky Cookie 9, and 1★-3★ Deluxe Lucky Cookies. This run of the Legendary Gauntlet will remain available until June 6th, at 10:59pm (PDT).
- Moltres is weak to Rock-type moves while on its first and third HP bars, and weak to Water-type moves while on its second. All weather conditions remain in effect until replaced with different weather; Moltres also has a number of passive skills that activate during sunny weather, which it summons at the beginning of each HP bar and the halfway point of the second and third bars. Moltres can be flinched, but its resistance to flinching increases each time it recovers until it reaches 9. Moltres last appeared in the 8th Legendary Gauntlet, held across March and April this year.
- Uxie is weak to Ghost-type moves. While on its first HP bar, the Healthy Advantage passive skill reduces damage while Uxie is unaffected by status conditions; on the second bar, the Acute Senses passive skill reduces damage unless Uxie is affected by status changes (e.g., flinching or restrained); and both passive skills take affect when Uxie is on its third HP bar. Additionally, passive skills increase Uxie's resistance to a status condition or interference condition (flinching, confusion, or trapped) each time it recovers from one, until it becomes immune. On Very Hard difficulty, Uxie will also apply Special Damage Reduction to its side of the field while on its first bar and Physical Damage Reduction while on its third bar. Uxie last appeared in the 7th Legendary Gauntlet, held across January and February this year.
- Latias is weak to Dragon-type moves while on its first HP bar, and weak to Fairy-type moves while on its second and third. It is joined by Flygon and Alakazam which are weak to Dragon-type and Dark-type moves respectively. Latias's Fluid Fortification passive skill reduces any damage it takes the more its stats are raised, but lowering its stats causes it to take more damage. While on its second HP bar, Latias will also gain or lose evasiveness if it dodged or failed to dodge, respectively, incoming attacks. Latias last appeared in the 8th Legendary Gauntlet, held across March and April this year.
Players should also note the following when playing this event:
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- Area info completion data will not be carried over to future Legendary Gauntlets, nor will they count for completion in the Legendary Arena
5★ Diantha & Gardevoir, 5★ Ingo & Excadrill, and 5★ Red & Snorlax are currently being featured in a special Poké Fair Scout. As usual, 5★ Sync Pairs will have a 10% chance of appearing in this Poké Fair Scout, with the featured pairs having a higher chance of appearing than other pairs.
In conjunction with this scout, Ingo & Excadrill's sync grid has now been expanded with new Fair-Exclusive Sync Pair tiles. Some of these tiles will only unlock when players raise the Sync Pair's move level to 2, 4, or 5.
Each of these scouts will remain be available until August 25th, at 10:59pm (PDT). As always, Poké Fair exclusive Sync Pairs may reappear in future Poké Fair Scouts.