• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Mono type run of Pokemon Shield

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I plan on doing a Mono type challenge of this game. I am considering doing Water, but I might do a different type. I need advice. What is the earliest you can get a Pokemon of each type?

Edit: I only ask so that I can more easily make this decision.

You can catch a number of different types pretty early on. Without trying to spoil anything, once you finish up the intro and your home town you are introduced to a 'Wild Area' where the Pokemon you find are variant depending on the exact location, and the ever-changing weather. For example, if it's snowing, you can get snow Pokemon super early! Weather changes often in these areas (which is explained in game) so you can get access to some Pokemon that you normally wouldn't get until a few gyms later. On top of that, you start off the game with a fishing rod. As soon as you're in the Wild Area you can go fishing and catch some of those water types you may be looking for!

I plan on doing a Mono type challenge of this game. I am considering doing Water, but I might do a different type. I need advice. What is the earliest you can get a Pokemon of each type?

Edit: I only ask so that I can more easily make this decision.

try a monotype challenge using water types with Sniper ability I dare you.
You can use the fully evolved forms. 2 pokemon.

Inteleon and Octillery,

Kingdra(is it in game) and Barbaracle... also have Sniper but are both alredy dual typed...

You can add Seadra if You want to... 3.

Inteleon needs a better and more diversive secondary ability.

Ah yes. I had forgotten about the Wild Area. I that's right. I am doing a Water type mono run and I just got Lotad there. Are there any other water types? I recall seeing the Frillish Line, Gyarados, Lanturn, Crawdaunt.

Ah yes. I had forgotten about the Wild Area. I that's right. I am doing a Water type mono run and I just got Lotad there. Are there any other water types? I recall seeing the Frillish Line, Gyarados, Lanturn, Crawdaunt.
Here's the full list of Water Pokémon:

Sobble line
Lotad line
Chewtle line
Wingull line
Krabby line
Wooper line
Corphish line
Tympole line
Magikarp line
Goldeen line
Remoraid line
Shellder line
Feebas line
Basculin
Wishiwashi
Pyukumuku
Arrokuda line
Vaporeon
Dewpider line
Chinchou line
Barboach line
Shellos line
Wimpod line
Binacle line
Qwilfish
Frillish line
Mareanie line
Cramorant
Mantyke line
Wailmer line
Lapras
Wash Rotom
Dracovish
Arctovish

Here's the full list of Water Pokémon:

Sobble line
Lotad line
Chewtle line
Wingull line
Krabby line
Wooper line
Corphish line
Tympole line
Magikarp line
Goldeen line
Remoraid line
Shellder line
Feebas line
Basculin
Wishiwashi
Pyukumuku
Arrokuda line
Vaporeon
Dewpider line
Chinchou line
Barboach line
Shellos line
Wimpod line
Binacle line
Qwilfish
Frillish line
Mareanie line
Cramorant
Mantyke line
Wailmer line
Lapras
Wash Rotom
Dracovish
Arctovish
Thank you so much!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom