• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Monochrome Pokémon Rumor Discussion

L.L.

Lord of the Whales
Reaction score
Rumors have been going around about Pokémon in a monochrome color scheme, complete with images to back it up. They seem rarer than shinies. Perhaps the new iteration of collectible Pokémon for bragging rights since shinies are easier to get? What do you think?

If this is real, I theorize this is what tipping is for. The more you tip the greater your odds, however slim.

Last edited:
I think they are fake, they would be oficially revealed by serebii or whatever if they were actually real.

I just saw the pictures. I think they're fake. I would think they'd be marked by something (like how shiny Pokemon have a star in their stat screen), but they don't seem to have anything like that.

Also, as someone pretty well versed in Photoshop, it'd be incredibly easy to take a screenshot and remove the color from just the Pokemon. Why haven't any other big Pokemon sites talked about it, or the people that do have them, why don't they post more pictures of them, or video proof?

They would be real interesting and good looking but until there is no real confirmation it is a bogus.

I call BS. It's very easy to make pics like that with Photoshop, I bet even I could do it even though I'm not an expert on Photoshop at all. Unlike most Shinies, they look pretty boring anyway, if they were real I would only like one because of the rarity.

It's a GTS glitch. It's reset after you save and go off and on your game. I do want Game Freak to do something similar to this in the future, though. It would be a cool concept, with a few extra features added.

I wish it was real, because it seems like a good idea. Although, I don't believe these are fake.

I saw a post about it on Tumblr once, and I'll try to locate it. They basically said it was a glitch, and it would fix itself if you turned off the game and turned it back on.

I saw a post about it on Tumblr once, and I'll try to locate it. They basically said it was a glitch, and it would fix itself if you turned off the game and turned it back on.
Serebii mentioned it on his discovery thread as well; it was simply a graphical error.

I can understand it being a glitch due to 3D rendering having several layers to color rendering (specifically 'texture', 'material', and 'lighting'). For example, if you want a red texture on an object, you can out-and-out have a red bitmap for the texture, or you can have a monochromatic texture rendered on a red material. It also makes color swaps easier because you can simply swap out the material's RGB triplet(s), you don't need separate bitmaps for every conceivable color.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom