• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Monopoly: Pokémon Kanto Edition board, box and release date confirmed: Remake to be r

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Monopoly: Pokémon Kanto Edition board, box and release date confirmed: Remake to be released ...

The American Gamestop website has listed the previously reported remake of Monopoly: Pokémon Edition with a release date of 15 September in the US and the title MONOPOLY: Pokémon Kanto Edition. An official USAopoloy page for the game has also been made with pictures of the box, board, counters, cards and currency notes as shown in the gallery of the article.

Read more on Bulbanews

ocelotlrama jaguar

Fluffy with 80% more spots!
Reaction score
Re: Monopoly: Pokémon Kanto Edition board, box and release date confirmed: Remake to

Wow, that looks... underwhelming. The only thing I am willing to commend them on is the counters. Other than that, the board looks really bland. They couldn't customize it better, especially the Go To Jail and Pass Go spots? Or maybe I'm just jaded because I've seen this exact same thing done with the Zelda version. I'm sorry for being so negative, but this just looks lazy.

EvilChameleon

Just call me EC!
Reaction score
Re: Monopoly: Pokémon Kanto Edition board, box and release date confirmed: Remake to

They couldn't customize it better, especially the Go To Jail and Pass Go spots?
Those are never customized. On any Monopoly board. Ever.

SammyW27

Harley D. Luffy
Reaction score

Yeah. Those are iconic images for the game and the Brothers Parker want to remind people what they're really playing.

Vivillon

Pull in all the Magikarps!
Reaction score

Ah, this game. I remember playing the original, which I still have. It's missing a few pieces, though. :(

Morgil

Reaction score

I still have an old Gen I Poke-opoly game from God-knows-how-many years ago.

Silverwynde

ルル
Reaction score

Yeah. Those are iconic images for the game and the Brothers Parker want to remind people what they're really playing.
Exactly. When a couple of Transformers sets were made, they didn't customize those corners at all. They stayed the same.

That said, the set doesn't look too bad. I just don't know if I'd throw the money towards it to get it. Prime and I have several different Monopoly sets as it is.