• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Monotypers,unite!

Normal-type Pokémon are my favorites. I tried a Normal-type run on Emerald. It was fun for a while, but I got bored around Mossdeep. Maybe I'll try again with White.

Oh,this thread is alive again. I'm currently doing a Heartgold monotype run with Fire-types. And since these are rare in Johto, I only have a Quilava and a Growlithe so far. At least there are three Fire legendaries around for me to use at the end. I'm in Ecruteak now and it's been very hard so far, but I'm quite sure I'll be able to get to the end of the game and beat Red with an all-fire team.

I actually did three monotype runs.
In Diamond, I used a Water-type team with Empoleon, Gyarados, Floatzel, Pelipper, Quagsire and Octillery.
In FireRed, I trained a Flying-type team of Charizard, Fearow, Dragonite, Aerodactyl, Zapdos and Articuno.
In Ruby, I went with six Ground-types in Swampert, Sandslash, Flygon, Rhydon, Donphan and Groudon.

I also did three monotype runs. Grass in Emerald, Psychic in Ruby and Fairy in Omega Ruby. I am planning to repeat Fairy runs in other games. Grass was difficult throughout but mostly normal. Psychic run was easy for the majority of the game but OG League destroyed me after all even though I was VERY strategic about handling it. Fairy run was surprisingly difficult in the beginning ( I didn't know Fairies are that weak at early stages) but in the end I destroyed the League and had a very easy time defeating Battle Maison opponents. Hence, I want to repeat Fairy run the most. :)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom