• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Monty Python Mafia - And There Was Much Rejoicing (TOWN VICTORY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Note: As far as I am aware CapsFan is still a sub, so that's still an invalid vote.

Also, Rayne is a he and has had that as his username forever. XD How do you not remember our amazing and glorious leader?

Yeah, I remember Rayne (flipped the gender though, whoops), I just wasn't sure if Rayne changed his username and was still active.

Thanks for the clarification on spam, I'm always afraid I'm just missing somebody I haven't played with before's nickname xP

Also fixed the vote count in the spoiler below:

Vote Count:

Valid Votes:

AussieEevee: ll (Ellieson, DrumBeats)
DrumBeats: l (Ryuutakeshi)
Rainbow Cloud: l (The_Pikachu)

Invalid Votes:
Host vote: l (AussieEevee)

Retracted Valid Votes:
Zexy: l (DrumBeats)

Retracted Invalid Votes:

TheCapsFan: l (IGN)
Rayne: l (Ryuutakeshi)
Spam: l (Doctor Floptopus)

Did I join a bandwagon, or did I put a pressure vote on you in order to make you contribute? I voted you in order to get information and gave you terms to remove the vote from yourself. You twisting that into me hopping on a bandwagon rings scummy behavior in my opinion. The fact that both of your present suspicions are OMGus does not make your case any better.

This vote started as a temporary means to get some more discussion from you, but your current behavior is far from town.

Aussie, if you had to pick a third mafia, in addition to Ellieson and I, right now who do you think it would be? It doesn't have to be a strong suspicion, but I would like to hear it.

Honestly, I don't care if you vote me. I'm expendable. The town loses nothing from my lynch, though I doubt they gain anything either.

As for third mafia, I was about to say @Etrian Oddity but he has been inactive since wednesday, so we can't take this inactivity to mean anything

Being Day 1, there is not a heck of a lot of information flying around... and the most information we have is a couple of joke votes, and a couple of people getting angry at joke votes.

You might want to re-read what I said and see that I said 'joke vote'.

I never said to lynch an inactive, I only meant joke vote them to get their attention so they would post. You were very agressive like this in Chess Mafia as well and you were scum in that game.
Voting people to get their attention would not be a joke vote, and you called it a joke vote. Did you mess up your wording?

If you don't care if I vote you, how am I suspicious for doing so?

Also, if you are town, you are not expendable regardless. I have the arguably the worst and most expendable town role possible but I wouldn't consider myself expendable because my reads and my vote is worth something to the town.

On that topic, you bring up an interesting point with Etrian, that extends to the rest of the inactives we currently have:

[USER]Zexy[/USER]
[USER]Hellcrow[/USER]
[USER]Etrian Oddity[/USER]
[USER]Poke Man[/USER]
[USER]mariowie[/USER]

All of you have yet to post. Please, when you get the chance, read over the thread and post a few reads that you have, whether townreads or scumreads. This is an alarmingly high amount of inactives currently in this small of a game.

Honestly, I have no clue how to fix these mentions. Since editing posts until I get it isn't allowed, can somebody else mention those people for me? (And teach me how to do this? xP)

I'm still trying to get the whole reads thing down... even after 6 to 8 months of playing, I'm still pretty bad at it. The only reason I'm still playing and haven't quit like I planned is because both Zexy and Elieson told me to keep playing and trying to get better.

Your mentions didn't work either. You need to put the email (at) sign in front of the username.

Such as

@Zexy
@Hellcrow
@Etrian Oddity
@Poke Man
@mariowie

I'm still trying to get the whole reads thing down... even after 6 to 8 months of playing, I'm still pretty bad at it. The only reason I'm still playing and haven't quit like I planned is because both Zexy and Elieson told me to keep playing and trying to get better.

And I really believe you're capable of improving a ton.

Unvote: Leetic
Vote: AussieEevee

Tip: Don't try to pressure me by voting for me. It never works.

I'll speak up when I have something to add... Until then... My vote is irrelevant.

What exactly was this meant to accomplish? Like what was running through your head at the time?

Also I'm aggressive as both Mafia and town, so get used to it.

fwiw I'm still not seeing it. I'm probably just not attuned to it or something tho

This post sounds pingy to me. It sounds like you want to separate your aggressiveness (i.e. part of your meta) from your last game to cover your playstyles so far.

See on a casual read I would actually agree with this, but actually thinking about why T_P would post this and not really anything else implies that he's interested more in just focusing on AussieEevee's efforts and prove a point. The motivation behind defending his ego isn't really a scummy thing to do; there's simply no reason to when you're not even being cased, and the same goes for if you're being cased by someone you're not really worried about or not being cased at a tough time.

---

On a seperate note, EtrianOddity being afk is like, exactly how he's been in every game i've been in with him. The one time I actually talked to him was about off-topic stuff and he was totally scum posing. Zexy being AFK is strangely out of character for him. I have low expectations for the other three. Honestly at this point I'd rather lynch one of them than AussieEevee, simply because I think he's handling the pressure rather predictably to his town meta and this is exactly how he behaves while under pressure, despite saying he doesn't get impacted by pressure.

##Unvote (AussieEevee)
##Vote Drumbeats

Something about this dude doesn't feel right. The ratio of posts with:without content is pretty massive and trying to justify AussieEevee says as being scummy rather than having mixed feelings about him being [scum]|or|[struggling town] seems weird. I'm a person who puts out feigns of commitment and genuine commitment all the time. Drumbeats's looks really forced, and for a player who's talking as much as he is, it doesn't seem natural to go from super casual to "yea you're super obviscum your responses are even scummier you scummy scum mcscumscum"

UNVOTE: DrumBeats

As someone who does have previous experience with Drum, I'm not getting any real scum vibes off of him.

I've heard a couple times so far this game that a player is "expendable." And frankly, any town player who legitimately believes that they are useless to the town is either the victim of a bad role, bad playing, or they're being dishonest. Every vote counts. Literally every vote. The town is meant to unite together, pool their voice, and strike down the mafia. Admitting defeat on day 1... You may as well just walk right now.

Elieson claimed their ability has negative utility. Fair enough. Not a great answer, but a safe proclomation. But Eevee, you're just giving up at the beginning of the game. Voting for yourself. Declaring your role useless. You're frankly on a pretty obvious suicide run.

And I for one am not going to be the one to get you killed. I did some reading over old roles today to do some thinking, and I ran across an old game where I purposefully aimed to get killed because I was a bomb. My role was to die. Is this one of those times? Maybe. Maybe you're being honest. At this stage I cannot tell entirely.

But this does leave us with a predicament. By removing my vote Drum is still going to die. We need a tie. For now. Likely I'll be changing this before too long.

VOTE: RainbowCloud

I'm not going to set myself up in case Eevee is just playing us. And if you aren't, I'm not getting you voted out of the game like this.

And I really believe you're capable of improving a ton.
I don't know :\ It's been 8 months and I'm still struggling with the whole reading people thing.

What exactly was this meant to accomplish? Like what was running through your head at the time?
I don't know. I guess I was just annoyed that I was getting voted for just because I joke voted... which is something I do occasionally, but not always.

Hey, it's tough. It's a skill learned at different levels by different people. But you'll figure it out. Maybe you just didn't really have the right crowd to practice on.

Also, rereading I'm noticing Drumbeats is also saying his role is pretty terrible. Either everyone is just hiding their roles behind the same excuse or our GM made some pretty lousy abilities XD

I gotta be honest, this is the most talkative I've been on a Day 1 in a while. It's kinda nice not having to hang back in the shadows to avoid the Eye of Mijzelffan.

But that probably means that I'm high on the mafia's target list. Joy.

Voting people to get their attention would not be a joke vote, and you called it a joke vote. Did you mess up your wording?

No, I'd consider any vote I made without good reason and evidence such as inactivity near the start of a game to be a joke vote.

Anyway I'll catch up on what's been happening in the thread now and give some opinions. Esentially so far I can see The_Pikachu's jumped on something minor she disliked in my first post and Ryuutakeshi has jumped on the vote for no reason other than to balance the votes?

I'll post more shortly when I've read the thread more carefully.

Ok so far there's been a lot of joke votes for non-players such as the host, subs and people not even involved in the game. Yes this could be mafia wasting time but so many people are doing it I don't think there's much to be gained from reading too much into it at this point.

That being said:
Unvote: Zexy
Vote: AussieEevee

Aussie, the host vote being maintained for this long provides nothing for the town to get reads off of, making it an inherently antitown play. If you can contribute something of value to this day phase, this vote will be switched. Until then, it will remain.

This is actually pretty normal for AussieEevee, he's not likely to make a serious vote for anyone unless he has more information to go on. He often has a slow start in day 1 and usually pushes for no lynch unless he's got good reason to vote for someone. I don't really agree with a no lynch on day 1 but it is a regular part of Aussie's town playstyle so I don't think we can read much ito this at the moment.

Did I join a bandwagon, or did I put a pressure vote on you in order to make you contribute? I voted you in order to get information and gave you terms to remove the vote from yourself. You twisting that into me hopping on a bandwagon rings scummy behavior in my opinion. The fact that both of your present suspicions are OMGus does not make your case any better.

This vote started as a temporary means to get some more discussion from you, but your current behavior is far from town.

Aussie, if you had to pick a third mafia, in addition to Ellieson and I, right now who do you think it would be? It doesn't have to be a strong suspicion, but I would like to hear it.

I don't really like OMGUS as an accusation of scummyness on someone, voting for someone who voted for you can be legitimate enough especially if you don't like the reasons for which they voted for you. OMGUS claims seem to be an overused accusation of scummyness here and often seem to be used to prevent someone from being able to vote for someone who voted for them.

Honestly, I don't care if you vote me. I'm expendable. The town loses nothing from my lynch, though I doubt they gain anything either.

As for third mafia, I was about to say @Etrian Oddity but he has been inactive since wednesday, so we can't take this inactivity to mean anything

Being Day 1, there is not a heck of a lot of information flying around... and the most information we have is a couple of joke votes, and a couple of people getting angry at joke votes.

I don't really like this either though, saying your expendable and not important isn't a defence, more just like your trying to say your not worth voting for and hoping they leave you alone. Are you alluding to not having a useful role with this post?

I don't really like this either though, saying your expendable and not important isn't a defence, more just like your trying to say your not worth voting for and hoping they leave you alone. Are you alluding to not having a useful role with this post?

Useful? Hmm...

*reads role PM a couple of times*

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being Doctor/Cop, etc and 1 being vanilla... I'd put it as a 3.

I will say that this isn't a very common role on this site though, so it could just be my lack of experience with the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom