• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Monty Python Mafia - And There Was Much Rejoicing (TOWN VICTORY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I was out so that's my explaination for in activity. But honestly I don't find Drum really that scummy.

But I will abstain from voting for now, hopefully the other inactives will reply later this day.

x @Elieson; You still haven't played scum/made dinosaur comics about it in this site...

x @Ryuukateshi; They’re definitely good. Even as scum. But still they’re too helpful for me to scumread them this soon. Please don’t spend too much time on activity/lynching debates d1 though we’ve been doing this for years and it’s lead nowhere, everyone believes what they want to believe. You were a bit too defensive of AussieEevee when DrumBeats voted him, which may be a hint if Aussie is scum… but I would like to think scum!you is better than that, besides I tend to agree, Aussie plays that way.

When it comes to @DrumBeats; though… remember XY mafia anyone? We’ve seen first-hand how manipulative he can be. We haven’t seen his town meta, though… hello man, hope I have enough time to scumhunt, which I doubt, since I tend to be fearkilled night 1 as town recently (because I’ve been townleader successfully twice after XY). And if you thought I was a good town leader, wait until you see Elieson :) As you should’ve already noticed, editing posts is forbidden as of the new rules, unless the host says otherwise (this also goes for @dylanpiera; ). He’s different from XY and Ryuu who knows him better than anyone of us says town. Willing to buy it for now.

Overall, I like the fact that Ryuu’s and DrumBeats’ return alongside Elie’s influence tries to make d1 more active. I support it.

The_Pikachu overreacts on RainbowCloud’s single line. Then that aggressiveness post was also weird. Noted, especially since she was kinda aggressive in the recent Chess Mafia in which she was scum. Rainbow Cloud seems to be playing to his town meta (note! We still haven’t seen his scum play)

OK, the post of Aussie’s where he OMGUS’s DrumBeats is bad. The previous one was not helpful at all, and self-voting never really works well, Aussie, you don’t make myself look less desperate by doing it… whatever, calling Elie and Drum scum just because they want to step up everyone’s game is a bad move. Yet, knowing Aussie, I think he is town, his posts may confuse players not knowing him well, but scum Aussie would like not to attract attention or be this paranoid over things. Also Aussie pushes for No Lynch d1, I’ve tried to explain many times why this is bad, but meh. He does it as town, though, that's the point.

ANYWAY I know this post is a bit big but I wasn’t around before so I had to condense all of my thoughts so far. Aussie and Drum lean town, Ryuu and Rainbow Cloud a bit less… Pikachu strikes me off as a bit weird and I have no better vote option so

VOTE: The_Pikachu

QUICK NOTE:

I have very little metagame knowledge about most of you, so my opinions will mostly be based on the context of this game. The only person I have significant experience playing with is Ryuu, and even that was long enough ago that its likely not reliable. If I hear a mutual consensus on somebody's metagame I'll try to consider it as well, but just remember I'm a little bit handicapped in that respect.

Now let's start scumhunting.

You said this early on, but since have had tunnel vision for only Rainbow Cloud. What other reads have you developed reading the thread?

Unvote: Spam
I wouldn't usually vote for a nonplayer, but this is Monty Python.
I have no reads yet.

This post doesn't sit well with me honestly. You're feigning activity by posting a few posts with absolutely no context to the game, while avoiding offering an opinion that could potentially help the town. Do you have any reads yet? Post them, however small they are please.

Man a lot happened since this morning
I'm going to wait it out for now and see if I can not derp up for once
As if that'll ever happen as a player

Even derping up provides us with information. Please help us have a good start to this game and actively participate without fear of screwing up.

Also I'm aggressive as both Mafia and town, so get used to it.

I want to see more of it honestly. Aggressive players move the game forward so if you can provide more of this aggressive play that you claim to have that would be great.

And I really believe you're capable of improving a ton.

As do I, Aussie. I remember the one other game I played with you was the XY Mafia, and honestly you were doing pretty great there. Just hold your head high, and be more confident in your reads and decision making and I guarantee you'll improve :D

On a seperate note, EtrianOddity being afk is like, exactly how he's been in every game i've been in with him.

Didn't know that one, but can't say I like it. I hate inactivity as a defense, because honestly all it does is ruin games.

Honestly at this point I'd rather lynch one of them than AussieEevee, simply because I think he's handling the pressure rather predictably to his town meta and this is exactly how he behaves while under pressure, despite saying he doesn't get impacted by pressure.

This is exactly why I hate inactivity. Lynching them costs the town a lynch if they're inno, but leaving them causes the town to lose in endgame because the only townies left are the inactives. That being said though, if we are going to lynch an inactive, day one is the day to do it because this is the easiest day to mislynch anyway.

Something about this dude doesn't feel right. The ratio of posts with:without content is pretty massive and trying to justify AussieEevee says as being scummy rather than having mixed feelings about him being [scum]|or|[struggling town] seems weird. I'm a person who puts out feigns of commitment and genuine commitment all the time. Drumbeats's looks really forced, and for a player who's talking as much as he is, it doesn't seem natural to go from super casual to "yea you're super obviscum your responses are even scummier you scummy scum mcscumscum"

Can you clarify what you mean about the ratio? I feel like every one of my posts has had content, and I see no reason that having content would be considered a bad thing, so I'm at a loss of what you mean.

Also, in response to your back half, I never said Aussie was obvious scum. I put a vote on to pressure some contribution, and the response I got, coming from a nonmetagaming standpoint, was suspicious. I pointed out the suspicion I got from the post, but never said or even implied that I was sure Aussie was scum. I even repeatedly pushed for more insight, asking for who the third nonOMGus option was and telling Aussie that if he is town, he is not expendable regardless.

I don't know :\ It's been 8 months and I'm still struggling with the whole reading people thing.

I don't know. I guess I was just annoyed that I was getting voted for just because I joke voted... which is something I do occasionally, but not always.

Reading people is hard, especially day 1. Getting frustrated/annoyed is common and reasonable too, when it happens to me, I just take a step back for a bit before I respond so I can look at everything with a clear head. I hope some of this helps, but seriously from my limited experience playing with you, you're a lot better than you think you are. Just try to relax and be confident with yourself and I guarantee you'll improve as both town and mafia.

Also, rereading I'm noticing Drumbeats is also saying his role is pretty terrible. Either everyone is just hiding their roles behind the same excuse or our GM made some pretty lousy abilities XD

I think you missed my claim in my first post. I'm the vanilla miller, AKA most useless role in nonbastard games of mafia.

In respons to Zexy's post above, I'm not ready to dismiss Pikachu as scum until I hear opinions on the rest of the game, but I definitely think Pikachu is suspicious. I do agree though that the tunnel vision on Rainbow Cloud is odd. The way the two of them have been fighting while ignoring all other issues (ie the me, Aussie, and Ellie debate) makes me wonder if they are a scumpair staging a fight that they know won't end on them in order to distance themselves from each other.

Current reads: (NOTE - Leaning scum does not equal scum. Anyone other that inactives will lean one way or another as of now just to provide more information and discussion)

Leaning scum nullreads:
Doctor Flop - three posts already with no real contribution. This is an easy way to blend in as mafia without providing any information
IGN - Same as above, especially with the new post that just provides more neutrality.
Rainbow Cloud - I don't like your initial joke vote thing that Pikachu tunnelled in on, and you have provided nothing but neutrality with other posts.
The Pikachu - The tunnel vision on rainbow combined with the blatant ignoring of all other issues. If you flip mafia, I would bet Rainbow would as well.
AussieEevee - This one's kind of caught between leaning scum and null right now. The new posts seem genuine and the metagame clarifies things a bit, but I'm not ready to fully remove you from leaning scum.

Null:
Inactives

Leaning Town nullreads:
Ellieson - Strong town lean in my opinion. Has done plenty to spark discussion and make this game active.
Ryuu - Similar reasoning as above
Zexy - Only one post, but it has some great content in it that warrants this slight lean.
Silkie - Very few posts but they have content. This read is kind of between null and leaning town.
Freesia - Relatively inactive but it is your first game and you've given me no reason to suspect you yet. More of a null read, but a slight town lean.

Based on reasons above:
Unvote: AussieEevee
Vote: The_Pikachu

One more vote to put the pressure on you. Look around the thread, find some reads outside of your tunnel vision and convince me otherwise and the vote switches.

Vote Count:

Valid Votes:

The Pikachu: ll (Zexy, DrumBeats)
DrumBeats: ll (Ellieson, AussieEevee)
Rainbow Cloud: ll (The_Pikachu, Ryuutakeshi)

Invalid Votes:
Host vote: l (AussieEevee)

Retracted Valid Votes:
Zexy: l (DrumBeats)
AussieEevee: ll (DrumBeats, Ellieson)
DrumBeats: ; (Ryuutakeshi)

Retracted Invalid Votes:

TheCapsFan: l (IGN)
Rayne: l (Ryuutakeshi)
Spam: l (Doctor Floptopus)

My bad, I forgot to change that category. I just fixed it.

Vote Count:

Valid Votes:

The Pikachu: ll (Zexy, DrumBeats)
DrumBeats: ll (Ellieson, AussieEevee)
Rainbow Cloud: ll (The_Pikachu, Ryuutakeshi)

Retracted Valid Votes:
Zexy: l (DrumBeats)
AussieEevee: ll (DrumBeats, Ellieson)
DrumBeats: ; (Ryuutakeshi)

Retracted Invalid Votes:

TheCapsFan: l (IGN)
Host vote: l (AussieEevee)
Rayne: l (Ryuutakeshi)
Spam: l (Doctor Floptopus)

Also, for private communications, my skype username is wrdrumbeats. Feel free to use that, private messaging, or quicktopic if you want to talk privately.

With Zexy and Drum's reasoning I also vote: The_Pikachu

I would hate it if there would be a no Lynch

Rainbow Cloud - I don't like your initial joke vote thing that Pikachu tunnelled in on, and you have provided nothing but neutrality with other posts.
The Pikachu - The tunnel vision on rainbow combined with the blatant ignoring of all other issues. If you flip mafia, I would bet Rainbow would as well.

I don't really get the if The_Pikachu is scum I must be scum logic, you don't like her tunneling on me but you agree with her point on my post?
I don't think her calling me out on my first post drawing attention to me and then focusing only on me would be a great tactic if I was her scumbuddy?

My neautrality so far is mostly because I don't really have any definate reads yet, I agree that @The_Pikachu seems to be one of the better leads so far so I'll add my vote to the pressure.

So, a summary of what I've read regarding votes:
AussieEevee was voted for voting the host as pressure to encourage participation.
Drumbeats was voted for wagoning.
The Pikachu was voted for tunelling and playing scum meta.
RC was voted for... Um... I don't see The Pikachu's reasoning here. Then to engineer a tie.
AussieEevee is leaning town to me by general tone and content of posts.
Ryuu seems town, contribution is good.
DrumBeats' Miller claim hasn't been countered, so I think he's town.
From when she was here before, IIRC The Pikachu has a tendency to tunnel as town and scum, but is more aggressive as scum. She's my only scum read at the moment.
Elie is Elie. I haven't seen scum!elie yet, so I can't say what that'd be like. I've got my eye on him.
Zexy strikes me as town, but I'm keeping my eye on him too.
RC seems neutral to me.
Everyone else is too inactive for me to read.
I'll Vote: The_Pikachu because she's my strongest scumread.

Well, unless Pika comes out for a defense I'm not seeing anything changing in the votes.

Unvote: Rainbowcloud

I'm undecided though on whether to switch over to Pika. If he's mafia, bandwagoning is safe, unless it's viewed as me going along with the inevitable.

If he's town, it's viewed as mafia going along with the flow for an easy kill.

I'll hold my vote for a defense.

UNVOTE: DrumBeats

As someone who does have previous experience with Drum, I'm not getting any real scum vibes off of him.

I've heard a couple times so far this game that a player is "expendable." And frankly, any town player who legitimately believes that they are useless to the town is either the victim of a bad role, bad playing, or they're being dishonest. Every vote counts. Literally every vote. The town is meant to unite together, pool their voice, and strike down the mafia. Admitting defeat on day 1... You may as well just walk right now.

Elieson claimed their ability has negative utility. Fair enough. Not a great answer, but a safe proclomation. But Eevee, you're just giving up at the beginning of the game. Voting for yourself. Declaring your role useless. You're frankly on a pretty obvious suicide run.

And I for one am not going to be the one to get you killed. I did some reading over old roles today to do some thinking, and I ran across an old game where I purposefully aimed to get killed because I was a bomb. My role was to die. Is this one of those times? Maybe. Maybe you're being honest. At this stage I cannot tell entirely.

But this does leave us with a predicament. By removing my vote Drum is still going to die. We need a tie. For now. Likely I'll be changing this before too long.

VOTE: RainbowCloud

I'm not going to set myself up in case Eevee is just playing us. And if you aren't, I'm not getting you voted out of the game like this.

How does scum Drum act?

I'm not overreacting to Rainbow Cloud's post. I just find it slightly scummy, which makes Rainbow Cloud the most scummy and voting him.

"Rainbow Cloud - I don't like your initial joke vote thing that Pikachu tunnelled in on, and you have provided nothing but neutrality with other posts.
The Pikachu - The tunnel vision on rainbow combined with the blatant ignoring of all other issues. If you flip mafia, I would bet Rainbow would as well."
-Drumbeats
Super Scummy post because of a ton of reasons.
Tunnel Vision? Really? I'm just voting what looks scummy. Keep in mind this is D1, and there aren't definite scum generally on D1 so everyone has to vote for the most likely scum.

Blatant ignoring of all issues? What exactly am I ignoring?

Also, saying that if I flip mafia, Rainbow is mafia literally makes zero sense, because I would NEVER try to lynch my scumbuddy.

x @Elieson; You still haven't played scum/made dinosaur comics about it in this site...

x @Ryuukateshi; They’re definitely good. Even as scum. But still they’re too helpful for me to scumread them this soon. Please don’t spend too much time on activity/lynching debates d1 though we’ve been doing this for years and it’s lead nowhere, everyone believes what they want to believe. You were a bit too defensive of AussieEevee when DrumBeats voted him, which may be a hint if Aussie is scum… but I would like to think scum!you is better than that, besides I tend to agree, Aussie plays that way.

When it comes to @DrumBeats; though… remember XY mafia anyone? We’ve seen first-hand how manipulative he can be. We haven’t seen his town meta, though… hello man, hope I have enough time to scumhunt, which I doubt, since I tend to be fearkilled night 1 as town recently (because I’ve been townleader successfully twice after XY). And if you thought I was a good town leader, wait until you see Elieson :) As you should’ve already noticed, editing posts is forbidden as of the new rules, unless the host says otherwise (this also goes for @dylanpiera; ). He’s different from XY and Ryuu who knows him better than anyone of us says town. Willing to buy it for now.

Overall, I like the fact that Ryuu’s and DrumBeats’ return alongside Elie’s influence tries to make d1 more active. I support it.

The_Pikachu overreacts on RainbowCloud’s single line. Then that aggressiveness post was also weird. Noted, especially since she was kinda aggressive in the recent Chess Mafia in which she was scum. Rainbow Cloud seems to be playing to his town meta (note! We still haven’t seen his scum play)

OK, the post of Aussie’s where he OMGUS’s DrumBeats is bad. The previous one was not helpful at all, and self-voting never really works well, Aussie, you don’t make myself look less desperate by doing it… whatever, calling Elie and Drum scum just because they want to step up everyone’s game is a bad move. Yet, knowing Aussie, I think he is town, his posts may confuse players not knowing him well, but scum Aussie would like not to attract attention or be this paranoid over things. Also Aussie pushes for No Lynch d1, I’ve tried to explain many times why this is bad, but meh. He does it as town, though, that's the point.

ANYWAY I know this post is a bit big but I wasn’t around before so I had to condense all of my thoughts so far. Aussie and Drum lean town, Ryuu and Rainbow Cloud a bit less… Pikachu strikes me off as a bit weird and I have no better vote option so

VOTE: The_Pikachu
Are you just voting me for acting like mafia in one game? If so, you should retract your vote since you haven’t seen my more current town game, which is exactly how I’m playing it right now. Besides, a meta lynch D1 is pretty terrible since you generally don’t see people enough on D1 to judge them by their meta.

@The_Pikachu;

Why make 4 posts in a row, especially when the first 2 were extremely short?

It feels as if you try to find excuses as you go.

“I'm not overreacting to Rainbow Cloud's post. I just find it slightly scummy, which makes Rainbow Cloud the most scummy and voting him.”

You’re not overreacting, but you find it slightly scummy, which makes him the most scummy, which means you vote him? What kind of logical progression is this? He said one line, you jumped on it and voted him. It is an overreaction. The progression from slightly scummy to most scummy is also strange. You think there are no other people that are slightly scummy? Isn’t that tunnel vision? In any case, I don’t like your excuses to get the votes off you right now, and it’s not like you are actually giving us townie stuff to work with. Which brings us to:

“Blatant ignoring of all issues? What exactly am I ignoring?”

Every other point made in the game. Out of 7 pages, all you find scummy is a single RC line. The Elie-Ryuu-Drum-Aussie interactions run rampant, but all you focus is one line of RC.

“Rainbow is mafia literally makes zero sense, because I would NEVER try to lynch my scumbuddy.”

Welcome to the world of bussing.

As for not bussing, let me disagree, I know at least two games which you won as the last scum standing. (I’ve been reading the archives)

“Are you just voting me for acting like mafia in one game? If so, you should retract your vote since you haven’t seen my more current town game, which is exactly how I’m playing it right now. Besides, a meta lynch D1 is pretty terrible since you generally don’t see people enough on D1 to judge them by their meta.”

Do you know what meta means? You also know that I’ve seen you as mafia in more than one game? Why ask only me to retract when so many people have voted? Why should I not stick my vote to you since you are the most scummy, in the same way you voted RainbowCloud? Meta doesn’t work in the “I tell you this is my town meta I’m playing in right now!” way. It’s how others think of you, not how you tell them to think of you because you want it to be that way. Also, you bring up “it’s D1 so we don’t have enough to judge” many times. Same goes for everyone though, why not you?

@mariowie; Any other reads? From what little I've seen of you, you like to post more for fun and less to actually scumhunt.
I don't like the way Pikachu's wagon escalated that quickly tbh. Flop gave some more input, at least, and RC also's given more than you.

Wow, I missed Drum's Miller claim. Makes him even more trustworthy. d1 miller claims I like (unlike later ones, hm, u know, IGN)

With Zexy and Drum's reasoning I also vote: The_Pikachu

I would hate it if there would be a no Lynch
What reasons do you agree with?
I don't really get the if The_Pikachu is scum I must be scum logic, you don't like her tunneling on me but you agree with her point on my post?
I don't think her calling me out on my first post drawing attention to me and then focusing only on me would be a great tactic if I was her scumbuddy?

My neautrality so far is mostly because I don't really have any definate reads yet, I agree that @The_Pikachu seems to be one of the better leads so far so I'll add my vote to the pressure.

Pressure vote for exactly what? This is exactly why I'm voting RC, RC is giving really bad reasons for voting people.
Mafia tend to do this, since they are mafia they aren't really scumhunting and just trying to get people lynched, which RC seems to be doing. RC is basically saying, "I don’t think TP is scum but I’m voting him for pressure, when there’s already, what, three votes on him?"

What kind of reason is this?

A quick reminder to everyone that the day is ending in +- 17 hours!

An updated Vote Count, Updated from Drum's Count.
Vote Count:

Valid Votes:

The Pikachu: 3 (Zexy, DrumBeats, Mariowie, Rainbow Cloud, Doctor Floptopus)
DrumBeats: 2 (Ellieson, AussieEevee)
Rainbow Cloud: 2 (The_Pikachu, Ryuutakeshi)

Retracted Valid Votes:
Zexy: 1 (DrumBeats)
AussieEevee: 2 (DrumBeats, Ellieson)
DrumBeats: 1 (Aussie Eevee)

Retracted Invalid Votes:

TheCapsFan: 1 (IGN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom