• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Monty Python Mafia - And There Was Much Rejoicing (TOWN VICTORY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressure vote for exactly what? This is exactly why I'm voting RC, RC is giving really bad reasons for voting people.
Mafia tend to do this, since they are mafia they aren't really scumhunting and just trying to get people lynched, which RC seems to be doing. RC is basically saying, "I don’t think TP is scum but I’m voting him for pressure, when there’s already, what, three votes on him?"

What kind of reason is this?

To see your reaction to my vote of course as you seem to be more intrested in me than anyone else at the moment. Also what grounds are you complaining about my reasons to vote for people on, this is the only vote I've cast so far, where are the other examples?

To clarify I never said I don't think your scum, I'm saying that I think you might be scum.

So, a summary of what I've read regarding votes:
AussieEevee was voted for voting the host as pressure to encourage participation.
Drumbeats was voted for wagoning.
The Pikachu was voted for tunelling and playing scum meta.
RC was voted for... Um... I don't see The Pikachu's reasoning here. Then to engineer a tie.
AussieEevee is leaning town to me by general tone and content of posts.
Ryuu seems town, contribution is good.
DrumBeats' Miller claim hasn't been countered, so I think he's town.
From when she was here before, IIRC The Pikachu has a tendency to tunnel as town and scum, but is more aggressive as scum. She's my only scum read at the moment.
Elie is Elie. I haven't seen scum!elie yet, so I can't say what that'd be like. I've got my eye on him.
Zexy strikes me as town, but I'm keeping my eye on him too.
RC seems neutral to me.
Everyone else is too inactive for me to read.
I'll Vote: The_Pikachu because she's my strongest scumread.
Look at rainbow's reasons for voting, they're scummy.
@The_Pikachu;

Why make 4 posts in a row, especially when the first 2 were extremely short?

It feels as if you try to find excuses as you go.

“I'm not overreacting to Rainbow Cloud's post. I just find it slightly scummy, which makes Rainbow Cloud the most scummy and voting him.”

You’re not overreacting, but you find it slightly scummy, which makes him the most scummy, which means you vote him? What kind of logical progression is this? He said one line, you jumped on it and voted him. It is an overreaction. The progression from slightly scummy to most scummy is also strange. You think there are no other people that are slightly scummy? Isn’t that tunnel vision? In any case, I don’t like your excuses to get the votes off you right now, and it’s not like you are actually giving us townie stuff to work with. Which brings us to:

“Blatant ignoring of all issues? What exactly am I ignoring?”

Every other point made in the game. Out of 7 pages, all you find scummy is a single RC line. The Elie-Ryuu-Drum-Aussie interactions run rampant, but all you focus is one line of RC.

“Rainbow is mafia literally makes zero sense, because I would NEVER try to lynch my scumbuddy.”

Welcome to the world of bussing.

As for not bussing, let me disagree, I know at least two games which you won as the last scum standing. (I’ve been reading the archives)

“Are you just voting me for acting like mafia in one game? If so, you should retract your vote since you haven’t seen my more current town game, which is exactly how I’m playing it right now. Besides, a meta lynch D1 is pretty terrible since you generally don’t see people enough on D1 to judge them by their meta.”

Do you know what meta means? You also know that I’ve seen you as mafia in more than one game? Why ask only me to retract when so many people have voted? Why should I not stick my vote to you since you are the most scummy, in the same way you voted RainbowCloud? Meta doesn’t work in the “I tell you this is my town meta I’m playing in right now!” way. It’s how others think of you, not how you tell them to think of you because you want it to be that way. Also, you bring up “it’s D1 so we don’t have enough to judge” many times. Same goes for everyone though, why not you?
Zexy, you know that bussing your partner on D1 is the worst thing to do, especially when your partner is probably not going to be lynched on D1. Also, in terms of not finding anything else scummy, in your post where you vote me you say you have no other vote option, which means that you don't think that anyone else is scummy, so then by your logic you are tunneling as well. As you can see, what you think is tunneling is not really tunneling.

I don't really get the if The_Pikachu is scum I must be scum logic, you don't like her tunneling on me but you agree with her point on my post?

In response to the first part, I didn't say it meant you must be scum, but I believe that you two make sense as a scumpair based on the information we have now. I could see you two faking the fight that was so isolated from everyone else, while not responding to anything else going on in the thread in Pikachu's case, and in your case only providing neutrality on it. At the moment, it seemed like the lynch would hit Aussie or I, so you guys could fake a fight with each other in order to distance yourselves later down the road. I'm not saying this is what happened, but it is a possibility, and mafia is all about considering every possibility.

In response to the second part, I agree that your reluctancy to "joke vote" without information was a bit odd. I did not agree with her tunnel vision of only focussing on that detail. Sorry If I wasn't clear there.

So, a summary of what I've read regarding votes:
AussieEevee was voted for voting the host as pressure to encourage participation.
Drumbeats was voted for wagoning.
The Pikachu was voted for tunelling and playing scum meta.
RC was voted for... Um... I don't see The Pikachu's reasoning here. Then to engineer a tie.
AussieEevee is leaning town to me by general tone and content of posts.
Ryuu seems town, contribution is good.
DrumBeats' Miller claim hasn't been countered, so I think he's town.
From when she was here before, IIRC The Pikachu has a tendency to tunnel as town and scum, but is more aggressive as scum. She's my only scum read at the moment.
Elie is Elie. I haven't seen scum!elie yet, so I can't say what that'd be like. I've got my eye on him.
Zexy strikes me as town, but I'm keeping my eye on him too.
RC seems neutral to me.
Everyone else is too inactive for me to read.
I'll Vote: The_Pikachu because she's my strongest scumread.

This post makes me feel better about Flop for now. An analysis of what people's votes/activity could mean is nice to see.

How does scum Drum act?

I'll say that honestly when I'm scum my philosophy is to pretend I'm town, playing as whatever my planned fake role is. Playstyle-wise, it is almost the same game in my opinion.

-Drumbeats
Super Scummy post because of a ton of reasons.
Tunnel Vision? Really? I'm just voting what looks scummy. Keep in mind this is D1, and there aren't definite scum generally on D1 so everyone has to vote for the most likely scum.

Blatant ignoring of all issues? What exactly am I ignoring?

Yes, the tunnel vision was not due to voting for who you thought was scummy, but due to you ignoring the rest of the thread as you pursued it. It seemed to me as if you were trying to distance yourself from what the rest of us decided today so you couldn't be blamed for a mislynch, while still "actively participating" by focussing on only one scumread on only one person.

You were ignoring about a page's worth of interaction between other town members, most notably Aussie, Elli, Ryuu, and I's debate.

@The_Pikachu , right now based on your ongoing reaction to my first post, yes, but my opinion is in no way set in stone and may still change. Drumbeats appears a bit scummy too right now.

How so?

I wasn't really happy with your reasoning that The Pikachu being scum would equal me being scum without explanation, I'm happier now you've explained your reasons for this a bit more now. I don't necessary agree with your reasons as I think the whole planned arguement between me and T P is a bit Farfetch'd considering how it's really dragged on and on now. (wouldn't really call it an arguement though, it's just how this game is played)

As for my posts with reguards to you and Aussie earlier I was just poining out a few things in your exchanges with each other, the neutrality is because I didn't really want to side with either of you over the other unless something really stood out which at the time it didn't.

If you guys want to lynch the cop tonight, go ahead, vote me.
Otherwise, the Mafia will probably NK the cop if I there's no doctor.
There was no N0 N0 peek btw.

Everyone has terrible reasons for lynching me btw
Anyways, I still think that RC or drum is Mafia.

The_Pikachu, now you're jumping all over the place. It just sounds like you're just stating whatever comes to your mind to defend yourself, instead of, say, a thoughtful, fully explained defense in a post or two. Instead of properly responding to accusations against you, all you say is "this is wrong and a bad idea because I said so." You're doing anything to make yourself look better while trying to make others look worse. This is literally exactly how you were acting during the Final 3 situation in Chess Mafia. The least you can do is acknowledge a bit of your scummy behavior, which might have made you seem more towny to me, because town is more likely to make mistakes in their play while mafia knows exactly what they want. But you're so steadfast on "defending" yourself without really doing so that it just makes you look really bad.

Vote: The_Pikachu for the scummy nature of your posts.

I have a town read on Zexy because of his strong post content. I'm tempted to lean town for Drumbeats for the same reason, but he claims his scum meta is almost the same as his town, so that does make me want to reserve my judgement for now.

Kind of suspicious about Elie for defending T_P early on, but he justified himself so I'm not too concerned right now. I don't like this post by Mariowie however
With Zexy and Drum's reasoning I also vote: The_Pikachu

I would hate it if there would be a no Lynch
I tend to find it suspicious whenever someone only uses other people's reasoning to justify their vote, without adding their own input. Unless the reasons for voting someone are obvious and/or it's certain that they're scum (which is definitely not the case here) you should always have your own justification, even if it's a paraphrase/summary of everything that's been said before. Don't let others speak for you. That last line of yours also sounds a bit scummy. While I myself am in favor of D1 lynches for information, just the way you said it combined with your lack of reasoning for your vote make me lean scum towards you. If T_P ends up flipping town I can definitely see Marowie being scum.

The_Pikachu, now you're jumping all over the place. It just sounds like you're just stating whatever comes to your mind to defend yourself, instead of, say, a thoughtful, fully explained defense in a post or two. Instead of properly responding to accusations against you, all you say is "this is wrong and a bad idea because I said so." You're doing anything to make yourself look better while trying to make others look worse. This is literally exactly how you were acting during the Final 3 situation in Chess Mafia. The least you can do is acknowledge a bit of your scummy behavior, which might have made you seem more towny to me, because town is more likely to make mistakes in their play while mafia knows exactly what they want. But you're so steadfast on "defending" yourself without really doing so that it just makes you look really bad.

Vote: The_Pikachu for the scummy nature of your posts.

I have a town read on Zexy because of his strong post content. I'm tempted to lean town for Drumbeats for the same reason, but he claims his scum meta is almost the same as his town, so that does make me want to reserve my judgement for now.

Kind of suspicious about Elie for defending T_P early on, but he justified himself so I'm not too concerned right now. I don't like this post by Mariowie however

I tend to find it suspicious whenever someone only uses other people's reasoning to justify their vote, without adding their own input. Unless the reasons for voting someone are obvious and/or it's certain that they're scum (which is definitely not the case here) you should always have your own justification, even if it's a paraphrase/summary of everything that's been said before. Don't let others speak for you. That last line of yours also sounds a bit scummy. While I myself am in favor of D1 lynches for information, just the way you said it combined with your lack of reasoning for your vote make me lean scum towards you. If T_P ends up flipping town I can definitely see Marowie being scum.
I'm the cop...

I don't have much time to post here, so I'll be back in a few hours to look at things more but I felt the need to get this one in given the circumstances.

Unvote: The Pikachu

While we can't be 100% sure you're telling the truth, I'm not keen on risking a cop mislynch on day 1. I wish I hadn't publicly claimed already so I could've tested you with it, but if you are not the real cop, the real one will eventually come forward.

The smart thing for the real cop here is to let Pikachu take the fall.

Though, to be fair, it's almost a tradition for the cop to die Day 1

The smart thing for the real cop here is to let Pikachu take the fall.

Though, to be fair, it's almost a tradition for the cop to die Day 1
Yeah if I'm lying the real cop shouldn't claim. I wouldn't do this as Mafia simply because I would be lynched when cop gets NK'd or when cop inspects me, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom