• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More AniPoke fanart, but mostly Bashou & Buson this time, and some BW! characters

I'm glad someone else loves them!!!
Please do, keep them alive~!

busongrin.png

EDIT: I can't believe this Buson doodle opens page two, PFFT. Such is life.

Last edited:
[RP-based, Faraway Place]
Another higher resolution piece drawn on iPad, Bashou hugs Buson for the first time (we should have figured it wouldn't happen without casualties, but... just one: Buson dying in that mystery dungeon forced Bashou to fully appreciate how much Buson means to him outside of being a tool like his weapons and Pokemon.)

bbhug.png

And because my art is sweeter than my stories, generally, here's context to make you hopefully feel a bit less sorry for them. While, yes, Bashou & Buson are living honest lives in Ultern generally speaking, the incident where Buson dies... he did tempt fate with this horrible little plan (making highly exclusive maps, marking up prices to strongarm the market, and if the information's leaked, planning to collapse tunnels to render the leaked map obselete...) Bashou's plan was just memorizing it themselves and being tour guides, but sticking to the story of the path always changing. He's never seen explosives in Ultern and he actually doesn't like the idea of destroying the only natural habitat that seemed to suit Steel types in Ultern.

It's impossible, anyway, because it's a mystery dungeon and truly does change every time. :'D But just for the principle of the thing.
bbtunnel.png

Your sketch pieces always have such a soft gentleness to them… I admire your love for this pairing so much, it’s just so evident in the way you draw how much you love Bashou and Buson!! Maybe one day we should RP together maybe…

Thank you so much!

We actually don't ship them as a romantic pairing (Simone's Bashou is asexual/aromantic, he has no interest in romance whatsoever, and is, on top of that, repulsed and averse to touch due to trauma, so it's actually a big deal that he slowly becomes alright with more forms of affection, he's healing here in this calmer setting! + my Buson only pursues women, but is honestly, an obnoxious nuisance on the order of Alder or Brock, so gets summarily rejected a lot... and never has any serious relationships because if he did, he'd want a family, but that doesn't... fit his dangerous criminal lifestyle, imagine leaving behind a kid like what happened to Musashi/Jessie when Miyamoto died?! He doesn't want to condemn a kid to that or drag anyone else down with him...), but I can see how they come across that way!

They are, despite that all that, the most important person in the world to each other, because they're in this together, good or bad. They're best friends and partners, platonically. ^^ ... they're just also a bit unhealthily codependent too and do not function well if separated. ^^;;;

We should! Faraway Place is a nice, casual game (you do not need to fill out applications, there is no activity check, you can play as much or as little as you like, all the events are optional, you can play around and make your own stories with the setting... all you have to do is make a character journal and join the communities. there's even a guide if you're new to roleplaying on dreamwidth, although I think a lot of it can be picked up just by lurking/watching others play and maybe asking questions about the most pertinent terms. ^^)

Now, for something cute, adding on to the above reunion:
They'll go home and get cleaned up... and, to spare Bashou's pride, under the guise of playfulness, Buson will help Bashou with his tangled, neglected hair from his little vigil by the Mystery Shrine waiting for him to revive...
bbhair.png

Last edited:
-pitterpatters back in- I hope this isn't unacceptably late, it's only been nearly two months, but checking the rules, I no longer see "thread necromancy" as an offense and we're only to have one thread for artwork, so...!!
I'm happy to see more B&B fanart lately (on the Japanese side, they've always had loyal fans who produce a lot of fanart regularly, but English-speaking side, it's been quiet a while outside of the similarly TRSilvers, so it was nice seeing more folks draw them again. ;3; ) Anyway, moving on!

I shrunk a bunch of the art this time, so I don't have to stick everything under the cut! ^^

(If anyone's curious, we finished the thread where Buson dies, so if you want to see how that above screencapped thread pans out... pyrrhic.)

Their reunion has not been written out yet, although we're backdating these, due to my rp partner taking a months-long hiatus and tagging back slowly, so everything's set nearly half a year back....

Onto drawings!! I illustrated a scene from my rp partner's fic (with her own take on Bashou & Buson), This Place Called Home. (The fic itself has a lot of heavy themes, even if it's never explicit/everything's only implied or backstory, so mind the warnings.) It's a bigger, hand-drawn piece, so some details are lost in both shrinking this and the filter I used to hide the other side of the paper shining through, so under the spoiler is the larger original. ^^

bbhome.jpg

872620dc7989877f103d413e92160a151de950e8.png

Note: it’s hard to see, but there’s a chain around Buson’s neck, for his father’s dogtags (since Simone writes Buson as coming from a military family), since I figured if Gozu can wear his under his uniform, why not Buson too?

And now for some fun Bashou / Hun expression-drawing practice (okay, given Bashou, it's a lot of smug, creepy faces, or just focused and cautious.... and one or two surprise chibi), but it's a lot of drawings, so shrinking them would lose all the details, so click to full-view.
bashoufaces.jpg

Have some fluffy B&B in the summer. Buson napping comfortably, while Bashou (fanning himself, but I couldn't decide on what kind of uchiwa he'd have...) baffled by how he can do that... (Ultern, the setting of Faraway Place, is Okinawa-inspired, so sub-tropical climate!)
Bashou does not like heat or sun, hence Buson gifting him a wagasa/wood and paper umbrella soon after arrival. ^^ A combination of very pale skin and covering up more than others...
bbsummer1.png
bbsummer2.png

That drawing's old and not quite fitting the current season, so have cozy chibi tanuki and kitsune B&B keeping warm~
bbcozysmall.png

Lillie in bed with her Poke Doll, it's old, but I don't think I ever shared it.
lilliebed.png

A cutesy DenAi/Wishfulshipping comic, also rather old, but it's just cute. They're stuck out in the rain and then, Iris gets sick. Quite old and roughly drawn, but they're cute...
denaicomic1.png
denaicomic2.png

Not something we wound up fitting into the above linked thread, but something Simone talked about OOC-ly, like them having a moment where they're dealing with rampaging wild Pokemon and consider handling it like kind little Evie would... and then both going, yeah, no, and just escaping or battling, PFFT. (To be fair, running and even battling when necessary is also Evie-approved, their mental image of Evie is a bit more exaggerated, fff.)

evie.png

Bashou and Buson have their own home (not staying at the ryokan/inn anymore!) in Faraway Place, but Bashou remains as suspicious as ever, so the only people he comfortably allows Buson to invite over are Manzana (the reformed former Team Flare agent who took Buson in before Bashou showed up) and Evie the talking Eevee... which means Bashou gets to witness more strangely domestic, doting dad-like Buson. He's tossing and catching Evie like a baby here while Bashou's just staring like, "Who even is this..."
busonevietossandcatch.png

My rp partner headcanons Bashou sometimes straightens all of his hair (and doesn't always have those ear-like tufts sticking up, depending on their length), I thought it'd be fun to draw what that might look like...
bashoustraightenedhair.png
bashoupachinko.png

Buson: … your head looks so smooth, like it’d squeak if you rubbed it, like a… like a bowling ball or a pachinko ball—
Bashou: Don’t even think about it.

Aaand, lastly, this one's not RP-based and just kind of Bashou doing villain things (Bashou's got a knife and a slasher smile... only implied/off-screen violence, there's streaks that could be b&w blood or just thick motion lines, but putting it behind spoiler tags just in case), meanwhile, Buson's back there's entertaining himself by pretending to tweak the ear-like tufts of hair.
busoncrittersmall.png

Buson: I wonder if he knows he looks like a little critter from the back...

Some recent art! First the colour pieces...

Mundane headcanon: Buson is very affectionate and loves hugs! (This is in contrast to Bashou wary of physical contact and unaffectionate generally. Slooooowly warms up to being more affectionate with Buson.)

bashoubusonhugsmaller.png

I saw gorgeous fanart of a very reflective Skarmory and thought, you know who would enjoy that? Bashou. To be honest, Buson would probably also flex and pose while looking at his own reflection after polishing Skarmory.

bashouskarmory.png

[CW alcohol / bordering alcohol abuse??? The drawing itself is cutesy and no worse than Kojiro/James having sake in a hot spring in a fantasy sequence in DP, but the rp context inspiring it not so much.]
Sad chibi tanuki Buson clinging to a bottle of sake.
tanukibusonsakesmall.png

Uncute context that deserved the warning: Buson got very upset and drank shortly after an operation (he got hurt on a mission) and had to go back to the hospital......... Chord took him to hospital because Chris called him. ^^;;;

I once again got a bit shy to share things because most of my art lately is Too RP-Specific, but y'all seemed to like these anyway, so. There will be more original characters here, so, we'll give brief introductions for them! (And a longer story later if you're curious, but which are totally optional and the art can be enjoyed with that.)

Here's Chord, another OC by my friend Spagonia, like Manzana! He's part of an original villainous team called Team Concerto. Lost his twin as a child. Grew up in Orre, very poor, joined an evil team for the money and a ticket to get out. Starts off frenemies with Buson, ends up so attached to Buson, he helps raise his adopted kid, later, kids. (Next OCs to be introduced...!) Before anyone asks, Bashou dislikes weakness, noise, ignorance and therefore children and does not want to suffer their presence in his and Buson's home in Ultern, sorry. Bashou has not an iota of paternal instinct.
chordbusonsmall.png

busonchordspicysmall.png

Have Buson and Chris pulling each other's faces aaand Buson pulling Chord's face too, but Chord's just laughing and not pinching anyone back, fff. (This was a very difficult set of poses to pull off and I don't draw characters interacting as much as I used to years ago, so I'm very proud of this!!!)
busonchordchrispinch.png

busonchord.png

Chris and Vasily!! Because my characters tend to adopt others an awful lot because I love playing platonic bonds more than romance, okay, in Faraway Place's peaceful setting, Buson has adopted a kid named Chris! Ironically, he's Yet Another Iteration of Gold (so he looks like Hero Boy Kenta/Jimmy, have fun with that.)

Chris is a little prankster and gremlin child, likes to tease adults, but he's very kind, too. Most of the development we technically had in Discord rp or in memes not set in Faraway Place's setting, thouugh.

His twin brother (not in Faraway Place, alas, so only played in Discord rps!) Vasily by contrast is very timid, shy, naive, and likes to collect seashells and seaglass. Often protected by Chris. Hates Team Rocket. Takes a muuuuch longer time to warm up to Buson for reasons. (You can have the longer story below, but not necessary to enjoy the art, fff.)

chrisandvasily.png

chrisgremlin.png

Drawn before I knew how to differentiate their hairstyles, fff. They have their hair styled in a way that mirrors their twin. The hair that falls over Chris' face is on his right (viewer's left)--opposite to how Buson styles his, too--and the hair that falls over Vasily's face is on his left (the viewer's right.) Their hair looks a bit more like PokeSupe manga's Gold. ^^
chrisandvasilysmall.png

Have some cute art of Chris taking pictures of Pokemon on the beach (while borrowing a non-work related phone from Buson work phones would not be smartphones, but some old phone with no GPS, etc.... which Chris covers in Pyukumuku stickers and stuff, gee, thanks.)

chrisdoodles1.jpg

chrisdoodles3.jpg

chrisdoodles2.jpg

<fuller context of the twins' story for the curious> Chris turns out to be a twin, but one who swapped places with his twin (so, teeeechnically, Chris is Vasily and Vasily is Chris, but everybody's used to the swapped names, it's been years), because their hometown is very, very suspicious and considers one half of a set of twins to bring misfortune and ought to be sacrificed (?!?!) to their protector/guardian deity, so he swapped places with his unfortunate twin so he wouldn't be mistreated anymore, then ran away, so Buson and Chord (a villainous OC by Spagonia, so same player as Chris and Vasily), Buson's friend who lost his twin, took that story personally aaaand Buson and Chord in disguise both raised hell to scare the superstitious town straight while pretending to be spirits sent by the town's protector (Celebi!)...

Despite Buson preparing bombs and things, he didn't end up needing to actually cause any destruction, just acting, disguises, kumadori (kabuki makeup), festival masks, claiming to be sent by Celebi as punishment for their evil deeds in its name, Chord looking an awful lot like the twin's murdered dad, and one little illusion of Celebi's shadow scared everybody, PFFT.

And so! Buson adopts the other twin too, who's happy to be back with Chris, but takes a looong time to warm up to Buson (doesn't help that his mom claimed TR killed their dad. ........ it was actually people from the town, but she was misled to believe he died of sickness, and everybody is a big, fat liar--anyway!!

Happy ending??? </fuller context of the twins' story for the curious>

Since Faraway Place has GS beta Pokemon as regional Pokemon, I gave Buson the tanuki Pokemon (called Clackoon here!)… he’s very, very slow-moving and slow-on-the-uptake too. He accidentally starts fires for a while, his attacks miss and hit Buson, and he’s practically an unfortunate gag Pokemon until he learns Pain Split and Belly Drum. Bashou really didn't like him because he has no patience for slow-on-the-uptake and a fire hazard. So, now, he just sacrifices himself to take down enemies... oof. BUT, he's very rarely used for that purpose, mostly, Buson just finds him cute. Poor little guy has rubbish self-esteem.

clackoonsmall1.png

clackoonsmall2.jpg

clackoonsmall3.png

Last edited:
Some lazily coloured pieces for you all! For The Strongest Mega Evolution Week on tumblr, celebrating the ten year anniversary (wow...) of The Strongest Mega Evolution acts (my favourite thing about the XY era!!!!), I managed to just catch Day 6 Prompt: Love. ^^ I drew Marissonshipping, one of my favourite canonical* ships.

[CW age difference, although they're together here as adults, so, that ~5 year gap is much more ordinary!]

*Weeeell, one-sidedly canon, in the original Japanese version! Manon/Mairin has a crush on Alan/Alain and tell him he's her type on their first meeting, even nasty old Lys called her Alan's "unusually tiny girlfriend" [to her face] and the "seed of doubt" planted in Alan [narration only, so mask off], so he always saw her as a threat... this one's more platonic, not romantic, but dub Alain calls Mairin and Professor Sycamore the ones he loves and it's cute. ;3;

alamanohug.png

Trip and Shamus spelunking! Exploring a mysterious cavern... it wouldn't look as nice shrunken down, so, behind spoiler tags it goes!
Me and Geoff (raidpirate) play our Trip and Shamus as friends! They went to Pokemon school together before starting their journeys. Trip's Shamus best only friend! Bianca went to the same school as she was held back, aha... Shamus gets a bit better (and briefly got his trainer's license revoked for the horrible way he abandoned Tepig!), but he's still kind of a jerk, PFFT, but usually gets comical repercussions for it.

shootieandsuwama.png

Spagonia's OC again, Chord♀ this time.

We wrote a similar situation we've played out with the usual male Chord to see where it'd go differently, fff. Buson and Chord get tossed into a holding cell for the night (not doing anything big, they're just both varying levels of intoxicated and Chord threw a guy... for bothering some other lady. This is also where Buson first starts to have some respect for Chord as a person because what a manly reason to go to jail, PFFT!!!)

But Buson would be extra awkward if he realized he's stuck with A Lady and also, they still both Cannot Stand Each Other, so everybody's on opposite sides of the cell, ignoring the other, sleeping on the floor (Chord doesn't want the cot and Buson's too big for it, he's scared he'd fall off ^^;;;)... Buson tries to hum a lullaby to himself (I kept it vague, since I didn't know what to pick, Spagonia offered the traditional Edo no Komoriuta (Nen nen Okorori yo...) she grew up with... here's Pokemon's take, with music and a cute animation: ããã±ã¢ã³å¬å¼ã童謡ããããããããããï¼ãã±ã¢ã³ Kids TVããã©ãã®ããã
Chord likes to sing (even her evil team's theme is Dark types and music, hence the codename!), so, she hums along too, even though he didn't mean for her to hear. ^^;; He starts singing the words and she learns them until she can sing along. ;3; (Chord's from Orre, so she wasn't familiar with it before!)

busonchordlullaby.png

Not coloured:

Chord♀.

chordfem.png

Have some pitiful chibi tanuki Buson reactions.
busontanuki.png

I forget if I ever shared this little drawing or not...
Headcanon Bashou and Buson as kids. They didn’t meet as kids, but I thought it’d be cute to draw them together.
I headcanon Buson was chubby as a little kid. Simone's Bashou was asthmatic (so I imagine the dandelion puffs and pollen weren't kind to him.)
bandb.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom