• ME explores a new city and takes on the local Gym. Can he defeat the Gym Leader, Candice? Watch here to find out.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more revea

Gangsta's Paradise
Reaction score
Re: More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more r

May I ask, where has the name Scraggy come from? I don't see it here.

An Enemy Stand User(?)
Reaction score
Re: More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more r

May I ask, where has the name Scraggy come from? I don't see it here.
The list that was leaked. It may or may not be real, but people treating it as real right now is confusing for everyone.

Mijumaru! OK!
Reaction score

... I love how my comp breaks down and suddenly all the English names are out. The only ones I knew were Reshiram and Zekrom ._.

Reaction score

Bianca is gonna get some getting used to...

Consideration
Reaction score

Hmm, there appear to have been some new names revealed in a magazine from the UK. Mamanbou is now "Alomomola", Doryuuzu is now "Excadrill", and Kurumiru is now "Sewaddle". The new names match those on that "leaked" list of English Gen 5 Pokemon names as well. Also, the move Bug Opposition is now called "Struggle Bug" and the move Drill Liner is now "Drill Run".

Last edited:
Feudal Articuno Man
Reaction score

Hmm, there appear to have been some new names revealed in a magazine from the UK. Mamanbou is now "Alomamola", Doryuuzu is now "Excadrill", and Kurumiru is now "Sewaddle". The new names match those on that "leaked" list of English Gen 5 Pokemon names as well. Also, the move Bug Opposition is now called "Struggle Bug" and the move Drill Liner is now "Drill Run".
Saw the same on Serebii. If that's the case, then list = Confirmed.

Disaster approaches...
Reaction score

Not to mention that "Cofagrigus" is partially based on "sarcophagus," and the connection with "egregious" seems to be rooted solely in the mispronunciation.
If you think about it, Blastoise should be prounounced "blas-tus," but it isn't. Name origin and pronunciation don't necessarily match up all the time.

Darkness
Reaction score

Saw the same on Serebii. If that's the case, then list = Confirmed.
I hope so! The English names are starting to grow on me, especially Alomomola.

cute patootie
Reaction score

What's with all the double T endings? Oshawott and its evolution like, Whimsicott, Ducklett, Golett...

Throh/Sawk sound absolutely retarded, as does Sawsbuck. Deerling, too? Really? I'm so, so disappointed. Can't believe they named some of them Krookodile and... Roggenrola. I'm 99% sure the staff made all this up in ten minutes. Seriously.

Some are really nice though, like Lilligant and Maractus.