• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more revea

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
More Black and White English names revealed: More English names revealed

More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more revealed

As reported earlier, several Pokémon, characters, and others from Pokémon Black and White have had their localized names revealed.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: More Black and White English names revealed: More English names revealed

Bel renamed!? I think it should be Cheren who needs a new name!

I like Braviary. Good name, combination of Brave and Aviary?

We already knew about Black City and White Forest a while ago.

Don't like Bianca, Belle was a perfectly fine name. But at least they kept Cheren.

Why did they rename Bel while CHEREN keeps his name?

I dunno. But At least it keeps the theme naming.

Only the character names are new. The pokemon name list leaked can be confirmed now too.

Had to look up what Fennel was referring to since the only thing that came to mind was Funnel Cake.

I'm ok with all the names so far, but I'm still confused over Belle's name change. Seems a bit unnecessary since Belle is already an english name.

Aww... I liked Wargle. :( It would have been fine as an English name.

The fact that Belle's name changed and not Cheren is a bit of a surprise. I wonder what was going on in the process of localizing these characters.

But the anime already has a person named Bianca, remember?! What's gonna happen to the fanfictions?

But the anime already has a person named Bianca, remember?! What's gonna happen to the fanfictions?

Wonder what thy're going to name Touko? I thought she'd be named Bianca. And She was a one-shot movie character right? so Belle would be known beter then her.

Like the names though.. and what is this anout a name leak?

It happens. There're also two Flints (Brock's Dad, and the redhead from Sinnoh). One fanfic I read (I was bored) had both.

And someone beat me to the Trope page edit. Aww.

The names are neat. I really like Axew (what was Kibago) and Braviary (was Wargle).

Bel had her named change! CHEREN'S THE ONE THAT NEEDED A NEW NAME! Cheren to Americans is a pretty girly name BUT OK NOA!

Oh, god, Fennel, what a horrible name.

*chokes*

it's pretty atrocious...

Bel had her named change! CHEREN'S THE ONE THAT NEEDED A NEW NAME! Cheren to Americans is a pretty girly name BUT OK NOA!

He's already very androgynous to begin with...

Anyway, I thought Bianca would be the perfect english name for Bel since it means "White" in Italian anyway.

I never thought Cheren was girly.

And Bel was kept in a lot of places just not English speaking places.

Fennel sounds like "Fen" and "Kennel" put together.

It also sounds like "Funnel".

Cofagrigus is going to be a bit of a corker to decipher. I can see the "sarcophagus" donation; I just can't figure out the "rig" (or should it be "gri"...?). As in rigor mortis?

Re: More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more r

Vivian's a sexy name for Makomo

I've been waiting for this article!!

Re: More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more r

Why did Bel's name get changed to Bianca? Bel is a normal western name anyway. Heck, her name is relatively the same in German, Italian and Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom