• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more revea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more r

May I ask, where has the name Scraggy come from? I don't see it here.

Re: More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more r

May I ask, where has the name Scraggy come from? I don't see it here.

The list that was leaked. It may or may not be real, but people treating it as real right now is confusing for everyone.

... I love how my comp breaks down and suddenly all the English names are out. The only ones I knew were Reshiram and Zekrom ._.

Bianca is gonna get some getting used to...

Hmm, there appear to have been some new names revealed in a magazine from the UK. Mamanbou is now "Alomomola", Doryuuzu is now "Excadrill", and Kurumiru is now "Sewaddle". The new names match those on that "leaked" list of English Gen 5 Pokemon names as well. Also, the move Bug Opposition is now called "Struggle Bug" and the move Drill Liner is now "Drill Run".

Last edited:

Hmm, there appear to have been some new names revealed in a magazine from the UK. Mamanbou is now "Alomamola", Doryuuzu is now "Excadrill", and Kurumiru is now "Sewaddle". The new names match those on that "leaked" list of English Gen 5 Pokemon names as well. Also, the move Bug Opposition is now called "Struggle Bug" and the move Drill Liner is now "Drill Run".

Saw the same on Serebii. If that's the case, then list = Confirmed.

Not to mention that "Cofagrigus" is partially based on "sarcophagus," and the connection with "egregious" seems to be rooted solely in the mispronunciation.

If you think about it, Blastoise should be prounounced "blas-tus," but it isn't. Name origin and pronunciation don't necessarily match up all the time.

Saw the same on Serebii. If that's the case, then list = Confirmed.

I hope so! The English names are starting to grow on me, especially Alomomola.

What's with all the double T endings? Oshawott and its evolution like, Whimsicott, Ducklett, Golett...

Throh/Sawk sound absolutely retarded, as does Sawsbuck. Deerling, too? Really? I'm so, so disappointed. Can't believe they named some of them Krookodile and... Roggenrola. I'm 99% sure the staff made all this up in ten minutes. Seriously.

Some are really nice though, like Lilligant and Maractus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom