• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More Black and White information surfacing: June CoroCoro scans leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hihidaruma is Chimchar's long lost granpa. .

All i can say is:

YAY something else with Plus and Minus! Now Plusle and Minun aren't totally useless ... in double battles anyway.

Ok that was a lie i have other things to say.

I'm hopeing for some thing a bit less cutsy for the early game, the chinchilla thing is nice 'n' all but ... where's my Ariados Evo!

The Crazy fire gorilla looks freaking cool. Like it's about to pummel you for no reason other that it finds going it fun.

I hope there is going to be another early flying type though ... That Pidgeon is just another Pidgy clone ... only actually a Pidgeon.

Both Mascots are now awesome, I can't wait to try and form an Ubers team with both of them. With Zekrom, is it just me or does Terra Voltage sounds like an ability that either:

1. Removes his ground weakness
or
2. Removes ground type pokemons electric immunity.

I'm hoping for the second, Groudon won't know what hit him.

Reshiram being Dragon/Fire dents mine, and i'm sure many others, hopes of a Dragon/Fire European Dragon Psudolegendary. And His ability sounds similar to Zekrom's only applying to water types

Lol iPokedex FTW.
Also the new pokemon are good, i like the pigeon one the most, funny thing is that the romaji for its name contains the word pato, wich means duck in spanish, but probably has nothing to do with it, i just wanted to point it out.

Looks like the lower battle screen changed. It now resembles a pokeball. It's on reshi's scan page. .

Does anybody know what kinda of plant "Araragi" is? I'm wondering what the Prof's English name will be.

I think it's a type of butterfly. which would be weird since it's not a tree. unless it is a tree aswell.

I'm not sure if anyone has said this before, but could the Pokedex be an indication as to what the 3DS will look like?

I'm rather disapointed for some reason that Zekrom is not part dark. I am also disapointed that both of them are part dragon type, i wanted something more original. But no matter they are still awsome! Anyway the big gorilla fire type thing looks great and aslo i think someone else pointed this out earlier but it has the same 'spots' as Heatran does on his belly. Gears look wierd do hope they get a evolution, Munna/fatty/baloon/purple fatty baloon Munna thing looks like a girls cuddly toy or Barbie in a chemistry experiment. Zebra very original etc.

I'm not sure if anyone has said this before, but could the Pokedex be an indication as to what the 3DS will look like?

I'm sure that it's based off a cell phone or that could be the pokegear/pokenav/poketech replcement. Any way the 3DS would look wierd looking like a cell phone.

They can do furigana (the tiny hiragana that's placed over kanji to tell you how to say the word)on DS games. Dragon Quest IX did it without any problems.

Another option is to take the The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks route and enable players to tap on the kanji in the word balloons to bring up the furigana.

Contrary to first impressions, kanji actually makes Japanese text easier to read, not harder. It's like trying to read an English language sentence that doesn't have any spaces in between the words; you can still read it, yes, but it takes you a lot longer.
I've seen furigana on console games before, but I didn't know it had been in DS games.

The first-second year kanji is pretty easy. When I started teaching myself kanji, I was only memorizing the Kanji and the meanings rather than the words themselves, so seeing nouns written in katakana troubled me at first. :p

Yay, I'm officially excited for B&W! The new dex looks like an iPod Nano, haha.

EDIT: OH SHI.. I just noticed random matches via WIFI!! Dreams do come true... xD

Hooray for Dark Type crocodile! Heres to another pokemon that can learn crunch and the elemental fangs! Hoorah!

I love you Meguroko!!!

I'm sure that it's based off a cell phone or that could be the pokegear/pokenav/poketech replcement. Any way the 3DS would look wierd looking like a cell phone.

Umm, I said it looked like an iPod in another post, i guess no body actually got it, oh well... I can't believe nobody noticed it though.

Edit: well it appears someone else thought the same as me about the pokedex...

Eh, this pink thingy looks like a drownzee pre-evo to me. O_O (yeah!)

These new pokemons looks like animals from Africa or something like that...

The professor: YEAH!

Cellphone-pokedex: Wow, looks mordern!! and it makes sense, as EVERYONE in japan have a cell-phone, easier to connect.

C-Gear: Another try to the cel-phone connection? Very doubtful, but crazy enough to mention!

These abilities seems really interesting!

PS: Gear will be in my team. IT IS AN IMPERATIVE!

I'm curious about Hihidaruma.

It's clearly based off of a Daruma Doll, but what do Daruma dolls have to deal with apes and fire?
Apes, I'm not sure about, but there is a definite connection between daruma and fire.

Daruma can be thought of as a sort of motivational tool. People buy them from temples, and if they have a particular goal they want to accomplish, they paint in one of the figure's blank eyes. When they've completed the goal, they paint in the other eye, and the idea is that seeing the half-finished figure will be a constant reminder of a goal that still has to be achieved. Anyway, once a year, all of the old daruma are returned to the temple they were bought from, and are burned. Then everyone buys new ones and the temple makes some money. So... yeah.

Another daruma connection is in Hihidaruma's ability, Invigorate (ちからづく). It might be better translated as something like 'persevere', because one of the characteristics a Daruma is associated with is perseverance - because of their shape, they usually return to their upright state if knocked over.

Apes, I'm not sure about, but there is a definite connection between daruma and fire.

Daruma can be thought of as a sort of motivational tool. People buy them from temples, and if they have a particular goal they want to accomplish, they paint in one of the figure's blank eyes. When they've completed the goal, they paint in the other eye, and the idea is that seeing the half-finished figure will be a constant reminder of a goal that still has to be achieved. Anyway, once a year, all of the old daruma are returned to the temple they were bought from, and are burned. Then everyone buys new ones and the temple makes some money. So... yeah.

Another daruma connection is in Hihidaruma's ability, Invigorate (ちからづく). It might be better translated as something like 'persevere', because one of the characteristics a Daruma is associated with is perseverance - because of their shape, they usually return to their upright state if knocked over.

Ahh, that's interesting. I betcha everyone who is unfamiliar with that would instantly accuse the series for becoming "less inspired." I actually think GF go more creative over the years.

I kind of figured it had some inspiration from apes due to its posture and overall body shape.

Terrible, terrible, terrible, and I thought that Generation 4 was bad...

Terrible, terrible, terrible, and I thought that Generation 4 was bad...
It just astounds me that this is apparently your first post, that someone who thought Gen IV was so bad, yet kept going with it, and even made an account just to bitch about how this generation is worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom