• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More Black and White information surfacing: June CoroCoro scans leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
More Black and White information surfacing: June CoroCoro scans leaked

Scans from the June issue of CoroCoro have been leaked, and more information about the upcoming Pokémon Black and White Versions is forthcoming.

Read more on Bulbanews

And it has Technician! WAY better than Rattata!

I just wonder what the bird looks like...

Aww, I've got a feeling these Pokemon are gonna be some of the cutest yet <3

Well, we got our new professor. Now bring on the bad guys!

Please be awesome, new bad guys. To stand up to Team Galactic and win over its fans, you have to be awesome.

Zekrom is a Kokun(?) Pokemon, Electric/Dragon, with Tera-Voltage ability. It is 2.9m / 345kg. Reshiram is a Hakuyoo (?) Pokemon Fire/Dragon, with Turbo-Blaze ability. It is 3.2m / 330kg.

It's about time a female professor was introduced officially. The new pokemon look interesting as well.

I like the whole "Yin & and Yang" thing they are pulling off with the legendaries.

Yin-yang sounded right for the dragons. I'd expected they'd be complete opposites in some way.

And yes, a female Dr. Tree-name is a new (unless Ivy counts).

And C-Gear (players' watches?) doesn't sound as good as other devices from before (no Poké at the start of its name).

As for the new Pokémon... I love all creatures, great and small (it was a good book, too), but some of these're hard to compliment or even recognize. From my viewpoint:

"Mamepato" is the G5 Pidgey/Starly. Likely with two evolutionary stages, one in its teens and another in its 30s.

"Chirāmiy" is adorable, but probably a poor fighter (Sentret or Rattata-ish, i bet). And Sweep Slap's description sounds like just another version of Doubleslap.

What the heck is "Munna" supposed to be? The battle screen shows that it floats, so where's Levitate? And telekinesis sounds like (but probably isn't) the opposite of Gravity.

"Gear" is, I think, the most generic name the ever given for a Pokémon. I bet there's another abandoned Power Plant in Isshu. Also, Plus and Minus means they'll only be good in double battles, either paired together or with Plusle/Minun.

"Hihidaruma" is... Heatran-ish body + gorilla arms + pointy teeth + flaming eyebrows (what the...?). No further comments.

"Shimama", thunder unicorn/zebra cross. A variant of Electrike, or maybe Pachirisu, I bet. Likely'll have Horn Attack or even Horn Drill, and a new (perhaps weaker) version of Volt Tackle.

"Megrocko" doesn't make sense, either. A crocodile that lives away from water? (Still better than Hippopotas.)

Oh well. We'll just have to get used to them. We may even love these compared to the ugliness Generation 6 may/may not bring. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Lots of people, myself included, argue it's based off New York city (with changes, just like Pokemon-Kanto is very different from the real kanto).

Does anybody know what kinda of plant "Araragi" is? I'm wondering what the Prof's English name will be.

In one of the scans, Celebi's HGSS overworld sprite can be seen next to the male trainer.

=O

I love Gear, if it gets a decent evo, it's totally on my future Team.

That being said, the page on Zekrom has confirmed that it is Dragon/Electric type, and that Reshiram is Dragon/Fire. (So those people who said that were right.)

T_T. That sucks. T______________T

It also says that they're the first ones of their types (which is true).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom