Trainers who purchase a Pokémon GO Tour: Johto ticket by February 10th will also gain access to Season of Heritage February Time Research. Completing these research tasks will reward Trainers with a Noibat Hat Avatar Item and an encounter with Noibat. Trainers must log in between February 1st and February 10th, local time, to receive the February Timed Research.
In addition to choosing between Gold Version or Silver Version for the Go Tour event, Trainers will also have to choose which of the Johto region's three First Partner Pokémon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile, to adventure with. Whichever Pokémon Trainers select will then be involved in their research tasks during the event. Special Research tasks for Go Tour: Johto will include the following challenges:
- Catching different species of Pokémon
- Evolving Pokémon
- Earning Stardust
- Taking GO Snapshots
- Defeating Team GO Rocket Grunts
- Items for evolving Pokémon
- Rocket Radar pieces
- An encounter with Shiny Gyarados
- An encounter with Celebi, which know the attack Magical Leaf
Espeon or Umbreon. Certain items for evolving Pokémon will also be available as rewards for ticket holders who complete Special Research tasks.
Rotating habitats will also be featured during Pokémon GO Tour: Johto. There will be five different habitats active throughout the event, each inspired by some of the iconic locations in the Johto region. The event periods of each habitats (in local time) are as follows:
- New Bark Town: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Violet City: 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- National Park: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Goldenrod City: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Mt. Silver: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Pokémon from all habitats will be appearing from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.