Pokémon Premier Events will be returning in early 2022. Prize and Championship Point schedules for each event series for the 2022 season will mostly mirror what was already established for the 2020 season.
Since 2022 is a shorter season than usual, players will only be able to earn travel awards for the 2022 North American Championships based on points earned during the period from when the Championship Points events begin again through April 24, 2022. The European Championships will be taking place in April 2022, however there will be no travel awards for the event because travel awards and stipends were provided to all players who qualified for the 2020 European Championships, which were subsequently canceled.
The Pokkén Tournament DX Championship Series will be returning to Worlds in 2022. Players who already earned a travel award from the Oceania Championship will have that award honored for the 2022 World Championship. Additional awards are available in the Senior and Masters divisions at the European and North American International Championship.
The health and safety of the communities continue to be the most important aspects of resuming live Play! Pokémon events. The situation is being continually monitored, and the timing for the commencement of in-person Play! Pokémon events will be determined by the health mandates, guidelines, and recommendations provided by appropriate government agencies.
Once in-person events resume, all competitors, vendors, staff, and spectators will be required to comply with The Pokémon Company International’s COVID-19 policies to ensure the health and safety of all attendees:
- All present (players, audience, and staff) are to wear appropriate face coverings at all times.
- No eating or drinking inside the venue is allowed during the event for players and staff, unless there is a clearly separated food service space operated in strict accordance with local health regulations and ordinances. In that case, eating or drinking inside the venue is permissible; however, it must remain clearly separated from the event.
- Players are required to sanitize their hands after switching opponents and to forgo the traditional pregame handshake. Each match is to be at least 3 feet (0.91 m) apart from other matches, spectators, or other places where people may congregate.
- This information is subject to change.
- Live attendance at Play! Pokémon events by players, audience, and staff should be restricted to individuals who are vaccinated.
- Attendees must present evidence confirming that at least two weeks before the start date of the event, they received the final dose of a vaccine that is recognized on the World Health Organization (WHO) Emergency Use Listing (EUL). Current vaccines on the WHO EUL list (as of June 18, 2021) include Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen (J&J), Sinopharm, and Sinovac.
The 2022 Play! Pokémon season features exciting prizes, the addition of Pokémon GO competitions, and more.www.pokemon.com