• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More details on XY anime series revealed: TV-Tokyo's mini-site updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
More details on XY anime series revealed: TV-Tokyo's mini-site updated

TV-Tokyo's mini-site for the XY series has been updated to reveal new information regarding the characters and themes in the new series.

Read more on Bulbanews

So the rumor was true that Serena knows Ash already. And judging by the trailer, she may have a crush on him. The shipping world will go orbital with that.

And it has been confirmed that Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie are all traveling companions. Plus we have some of their personalities revealed: Serena like fashion (that was probably a mega duh), Bonnie want's to get Clemont a bride and has a strong character, Clemont love inventing and has the "Aipom Arm" in his backpack. So far so good.

I wonder if that Froakie is actually a wild Pokemon and Ash catches it right off the bat. Or maybe it pulls a Aipom/Gible/Oshawott/Krokorok and follows him around for a while. It also makes me wonder if Ash will catch all three Starters again this region. Now I'm very curious.

And we now know what Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny look like. Jenny's new design is much better than her BW version, though it appears Joy doesn't change too much from BW. Well, I will apply "Felix's Law": "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Anyway, not a bad update. At least a number of our questions were answered. Now we have to wait for the rest of the info to be revealed, which should be soon.

It looks like this series has taken cues from the AG series. There are 3 companions for Ash. Clemont is very smart and his sibling, Bonnie, is not old enough to be a trainer.

It seems like it might be turning into a regular thing now that as a new series premieres, the is some sort of redesign, like Ash's hair and Jenny/Joy.

Almost the same Nurse Joy I see. If Serena is from Kalos how does she know Ash though, will have to have been on TV from the Pokemon League.

Almost the same Nurse Joy I see. If Serena is from Kalos how does she know Ash though, will have to have been on TV from the Pokemon League.
She met him, not just see him on TV. The trailer implies they met way back before Ash started his journey as Ash is young in the scene. My assumption is that Serena used to live in Kanto and knew Ash but had to move to Kalos.

The fact that Serena knows Ash differentiates her from the other female companions Ash had over the years. That could lead to some unique character development (I can already hear some shippers raging in the distance). Clemont's little sister, Bonnie, trying to find a bride for a her reminds me somewhat of Max and Brock back in AG, only their roles reversed.

Clemont's little sister, Bonnie, trying to find a bride for a her reminds me somewhat of Max and Brock back in AG, only their roles reversed.

Or watch Clemont be the anti-Brock, but Bonnie pushes him or interested girls closer.

I like how Serena has a childhood with Ash. Finally, we may get to see something about his childhood besides that flashback in Sinnoh where Ash said, "I can't wait to grow up and become a Pokemon trainer!", or Ash laughing at a spoof of Isamu Akai and his Clefairy in Hoenn, sitting beside Gary and company in the theater.

I like how Ash looks like a badass, but at the same time, not like how he did in DP.

I like Jenny's new design for XY. Big improvement over the BW lesbian-esque Jenny design.

Bonnie looks okay as a character, as does Clemont. Serena actually interests me more than I thought she would.

Only real cons I have are: 1) Joy's new design is just awful, 2) Giovanni loooks like a businessman, and 3) Team Rocket: I honestly don't want to see more of their kindergarten antics in XY, unless they actually have some actual personalities this time around.

Another gym leader as a travelling companion? Oh jeeze, here we go again. Considering his overall design, I hope his Doctor Octopus arms are not a thing in his anime version, otherwise I won't be thrilled :|

I like how Serena has a childhood with Ash. Finally, we may get to see something about his childhood besides that flashback in Sinnoh where Ash said, "I can't wait to grow up and become a Pokemon trainer!", or Ash laughing at a spoof of Isamu Akai and his Clefairy in Hoenn, sitting beside Gary and company in the theater.

I like how Ash looks like a badass, but at the same time, not like how he did in DP.

I like Jenny's new design for XY. Big improvement over the BW lesbian-esque Jenny design.

Bonnie looks okay as a character, as does Clemont. Serena actually interests me more than I thought she would.

Only real cons I have are: 1) Joy's new design is just awful, 2) Giovanni loooks like a businessman, and 3) Team Rocket: I honestly don't want to see more of their kindergarten antics in XY, unless they actually have some actual personalities this time around.

Jenny's BW design was very hot looking, as for the XY design for Jenny is okay but it isn't an improvement at all.

The new XY series designs look great so far.

Jenny's BW design was very hot looking, as for the XY design for Jenny is okay but it isn't an improvement at all.

The new XY series designs look great so far.
I disagree. I liked Joy's BW design, but Jenny's XY design. Again, though, it is just a matter of opinion.

Well the new XY series designs are looking really great.

I still prefer the classic Nurse Joy, but the redesign of the series as a whole is really much better.

Well the new XY series designs are looking really great.

Mostly, yes. There are a few things I liked more from BW and past eras than what I've seen from XY, but overall I'm fairly impressed. Don't get me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom