• Snowy meets the Gym Leaders of Galar and travels along Route 3. Watch here as Snowy finally catches a second team member.

More Generation V localizations revealed: Munna keeps name, others get new titles

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
More Generation V localizations revealed: Munna keeps name, others get new titles

The official website for Pokémon Black and White has updated, revealing a boatload of names. The English name for Chillarmy will be Minccino, Gigaiath will be Gigalith, Hihidaruma will be Darmanitan, Meguroco will be Sandile, Mamepato will be Pidove, Shimama will be Blitzle, and Giaru will be Klink. Munna will stay as Munna, Professor Araragi will be known as Professor Juniper, and Hiun City will be Castelia City.

Read more on Bulbanews

Something
Reaction score
Big Pecks... urgh. Muscular Mamepato will now be on my mind.

I quite like Blitzle. The others will need time.

is obsessed with Noivern!
Reaction score
Gigalith was okay. But Juniper? Eh, you take what you get. Now I'm scared about what they're going to name Sazandra ._.

Big Pecks... urgh. Muscular Mamepato will now be on my mind.
Hey, Big Pecks is a pretty good pun for "Hatomune". "Pecks" means "chest muscles".

Also, "Hatomune" is the name of a disease known as Pectus Carinatum where the breastbone and ribs protrude abnormally from the chest.

SoFloFoSho
Reaction score
Not a fan of Juniper or Castelia. The rest are meh.

Reaction score
Little easier to get the picture this way :)

Pidove

Sandile

Blitzle

Minccino

Klink

Darmanitan

Gigalith

Munna keeps it's name :)

Huin City= Castelia City
The new professor= Professor Juniper

Overconfident = Moxie
Sweep Slap = Tail Slap
Pigeon Breast = Big Pecks
Wild Bolt = Wild Charge
Brute Force/Encourage = Sheer Force

Reaction score
I'm really surprised they didn't keep Gear, it's simple enough you figure they would have.

is obsessed with Noivern!
Reaction score
Also, "Klink". It sounds more like "Kink" than anything else.

I can just imagine it now - "Mmm - tighten my bonds with your gears, Klinky boy. *with clenched teeth* Ooh! That's good."

I imagine, given that this is the case, that they're going to do something similar to the Japanese and do "Kiklink" and "Kikliklink."

Lost Wanderer
Reaction score
Sandile sounds like Sandal.
Some names are totally unexpected... Klink ? Blitzle ?? Now I'm sure they'll miss "Zebolt" for Zebraika.
Guess we'll get used to those names as time goes by...

Reaction score
I rather the Japanese names in general. None of those English names appeal to me at all

Reaction score
I agree that Gear should have stayed like that and Sandile?

Reaction score
I honestly think they are all pretty good. and the names are starting to stick already. Which is great.

qq
Reaction score
darmanitan is good i like it but, klink is just odd to me

DAAAAARLING
Reaction score
My only problem with any of these is that Darmanitan reminds me of Dalmatian.

Something
Reaction score
My only problem with any of these is that Darmanitan reminds me of Dalmatian.
My problem is that Blitzle reminds me of the Blitz. Along with muscular Mamepato, a Shimama causing havoc over England isn't gonna get out of my head for a while.

I might just draw art of it though, attacking the queen.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
The names are mostly good. They're not my favorites but they're not total disapointments. I can get used to the Pokemon's names but Castellia will always be Hiun City to me.

Mari-yo Puyo
Reaction score
Klink is as simple as Gear, so it's really nice. I am guessing that the evolutions will have the same build-up names as the Japanese names for the evolutions, so I can see some names like Kliklink and Klinkklink. Minccino sounds a little complicated for a chinchilla-based Pokemon, but I will get used to it.

It's amazing that unlike the Japanese info reveal, Gigalith is one of the revealed Pokemon in addition to the others.

Thanks for reading.

needs a new avatar
Reaction score
*steals Sandile name* (Teh Pig)

Anyway, these names aren't that bad to me. I like them :)