• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More Generation V localizations revealed: Munna keeps name, others get new titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey girls gather round' n look at my Big Pecks. You wanna see my Big Peck.

What was Nintendo thinkin' I'm gonna have a lotta fun with this one. Pegeon Breast was probably more fittin' since Mamepato Satoshi's/Ash's is a girl.

The names are okay. Minccino grew on me fast after the initial shock that they didn't keep chillarmy. Grew on me so much that I love the name now and had to have it in my username thus changing my name for the very first time ever.^-^

Honestly I'm fine with all the English names other than Munna. Never liked it before, still don't like it now. Probably because it's an actual name in India and there are some memorable films with that name so...

Whenever I hear Munna I keep thinking hilarious ganglord. xD

Though as long as it is pronounced in a totally different way, something like Mew-na, there wouldn't be that problem. :sweatlol:

Big pecks...I can already see the jokes a mile away.

some names doesn't like to me...only gigalith, hihidaruma name

Thinking it over, I've come to realize Damanitan has the reverse issue that I have with most of the newer dub names...it looks weird and awkward when written out, but when you pronounce it (Dar-man-ih-tan!), it has a very nice rhythm to it. I think it's probably my favorite of the new dub names thinking things over.

It was never called "Gear" in the first place. There was nothing to keep.
Giaru is practically the same as Gear. Same pronouciation except for a 'u' at the end. Dogasu's romanisation has it as "Gearl"...which, is pretty similar too.

Giaru is practically the same as Gear. Same pronouciation except for a 'u' at the end. Dogasu's romanisation has it as "Gearl"...which, is pretty similar too.

Practialy, but not exactly. So they can't keep "Gear" if "Gear" wasn't used in the first place.

It's not a huge deal, but still...

EDIT: Which syllable do you guys stress for "Pidove"? I used to stress the first one, but I think it sounds better when stressing the second one.

Last edited:
Pidove - I'm actually surprised they were able to come up with something distinctive for Mamepato's English name. I figured they would run into problems since there is already a Pokemon named "Pidgey".

Sandile - Lol puns. Kind of expected. It would be hard to remember it's japanese name.

Blitzle - Reminds me of one of Santa's reindeer. I can tolerate this...

Minccino - ... What was wrong with Chillarmy?

Klink - At least it sounds less plain than "Gears".

Darmanitan - ... What? I guess it's a combination of "Daruma" and "Orangutan"? That's going to be hard for me to grow on.

Gigalith - Okay.

Munna - Didn't even expect this pokemon to keep it's name. Oh NoA, you are full of surprises!

I like most of those localisations.
Aside from Pidgeon Breast to Big Pecks, and Overconfidence to Moxie.

So, is Klink's family gonna follow the same pattern, and become Kliklink and Klikliklink?

Munna - Didn't even expect this pokemon to keep it's name. Oh NoA, you are full of surprises!

You know what's funny? Every localized name that is revealed makes fans shout "KEEP THE JAPANEZE NAMES!! THEY CHANGEDis the same as the original Japanese, people are raging and shouting "Why they didn't localaize it? Fucking lazy asses!"

Epic fail

Klink is the only one that really bugs me, but otherwise they're fine.

... klink? really? you couldn't have come up with anything better?

I like most of those localisations.
Aside from Pidgeon Breast to Big Pecks, and Overconfidence to Moxie.

So, is Klink's family gonna follow the same pattern, and become Kliklink and Klikliklink?

That would further emphasize how lame of a pokemon concept it is, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that way.

Eh, I'm think Klink's evolution names might be more like: Klink, Kachink... and something after that. xD

You know what's funny? Every localized name that is revealed makes fans shout "KEEP THE JAPANEZE NAMES!! THEY CHANGEDis the same as the original Japanese, people are raging and shouting "Why they didn't localaize it? Fucking lazy asses!"

Epic fail
No, its funnier when they use the trademark romanization of its Japanese name and they complain about changing it because the user doesn't use the trademarked names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom