• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More Generation V localizations revealed: Munna keeps name, others get new titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
More Generation V localizations revealed: Munna keeps name, others get new titles

The official website for Pokémon Black and White has updated, revealing a boatload of names. The English name for Chillarmy will be Minccino, Gigaiath will be Gigalith, Hihidaruma will be Darmanitan, Meguroco will be Sandile, Mamepato will be Pidove, Shimama will be Blitzle, and Giaru will be Klink. Munna will stay as Munna, Professor Araragi will be known as Professor Juniper, and Hiun City will be Castelia City.

Read more on Bulbanews

Big Pecks... urgh. Muscular Mamepato will now be on my mind.

I quite like Blitzle. The others will need time.

Gigalith was okay. But Juniper? Eh, you take what you get. Now I'm scared about what they're going to name Sazandra ._.

Big Pecks... urgh. Muscular Mamepato will now be on my mind.

Hey, Big Pecks is a pretty good pun for "Hatomune". "Pecks" means "chest muscles".

Also, "Hatomune" is the name of a disease known as Pectus Carinatum where the breastbone and ribs protrude abnormally from the chest.

Not a fan of Juniper or Castelia. The rest are meh.

Little easier to get the picture this way :)

pidove-detail.png

Pidove

sandile-detail.png

Sandile

blitzle-detail.png

Blitzle

minccino-detail.png

Minccino

klink-detail.png

Klink

darmanitan-detail.png

Darmanitan

gigalith-detail.png

Gigalith

munna-detail.png

Munna keeps it's name :)

Huin City= Castelia City
The new professor= Professor Juniper

Overconfident = Moxie
Sweep Slap = Tail Slap
Pigeon Breast = Big Pecks
Wild Bolt = Wild Charge
Brute Force/Encourage = Sheer Force

I'm really surprised they didn't keep Gear, it's simple enough you figure they would have.

Also, "Klink". It sounds more like "Kink" than anything else.

I can just imagine it now - "Mmm - tighten my bonds with your gears, Klinky boy. *with clenched teeth* Ooh! That's good."

I imagine, given that this is the case, that they're going to do something similar to the Japanese and do "Kiklink" and "Kikliklink."

Sandile sounds like Sandal.
Some names are totally unexpected... Klink ? Blitzle ?? Now I'm sure they'll miss "Zebolt" for Zebraika.
Guess we'll get used to those names as time goes by...

I rather the Japanese names in general. None of those English names appeal to me at all

I agree that Gear should have stayed like that and Sandile?

I honestly think they are all pretty good. and the names are starting to stick already. Which is great.

darmanitan is good i like it but, klink is just odd to me

My only problem with any of these is that Darmanitan reminds me of Dalmatian.

My only problem with any of these is that Darmanitan reminds me of Dalmatian.

My problem is that Blitzle reminds me of the Blitz. Along with muscular Mamepato, a Shimama causing havoc over England isn't gonna get out of my head for a while.

I might just draw art of it though, attacking the queen.

The names are mostly good. They're not my favorites but they're not total disapointments. I can get used to the Pokemon's names but Castellia will always be Hiun City to me.

Klink is as simple as Gear, so it's really nice. I am guessing that the evolutions will have the same build-up names as the Japanese names for the evolutions, so I can see some names like Kliklink and Klinkklink. Minccino sounds a little complicated for a chinchilla-based Pokemon, but I will get used to it.

It's amazing that unlike the Japanese info reveal, Gigalith is one of the revealed Pokemon in addition to the others.

Thanks for reading.

*steals Sandile name* (Teh Pig)

Anyway, these names aren't that bad to me. I like them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom