• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More new sync pairs in Pokémon Masters

Also, will we have these so called Scottie and Bettie be pseudo players?

BlackSet said:
Can't you just get over it? We call them Victor and Gloria. You can't change that and you can't win this argument. Give up already, dude.

This person really thinks of getting over these “assumptions”. If we call them Scottie and Bettie, then we call the GO protagonists by NIATrainer and TrainerNIA.

Last edited:
This person really thinks of getting over these “assumptions”. If we call them Scottie and Bettie, then we call the GO protagonists by NIATrainer and TrainerNIA.
The problem with that is that unlike the others, those are not even names. They are just variations of "Niantic Trainer" with the character limit in place.

BlackSet said:
Can't you just get over it? We call them Victor and Gloria. You can't change that and you can't win this argument. Give up already, dude.

Yeah! I should get over it especially because we are talking about upcoming sync pairs and canon protagonists.

The problem with that is that unlike the others, those are not even names. They are just variations of "Niantic Trainer" with the character limit in place.
You were the one who brought this thing on The Legend of Localization:
Cream Tangerine said:
“If you were playing Seiken Densetsu when it was first released, how would you determine what the heroes’ official names were? You’d probably turn to the game’s manual and/or the game’s strategy guides.”

And because the names of TrainerNiantic appear in promos, they are the default names.

Last edited:
So just now, it is revealed Dawn is going to make an appearance but instead of a Chimchar (or Piplup), she has Ash's starter.

Barry has a Piplup and because Dawn will have a Turtwig, Lucas is the canon DP protagonist. I don’t want you to mention anymore about the Anime not being canonical because I know it isn’t.

I don’t why they did not make the Anime canonical.

At this point, I wonder they have not used any of the girls as the protagonist except possibly Rosa. Variety is a good thing, you know, DeNA?

I don’t even know why it is Rosa. Does she even say she battled Iris?

Like what @RunnerAwaker said:

RunnerAwaker said:
The main point behind PCs is that they represent us, the players. We're the one who decides their personalities, likes, dislikes, and especially, what kind of Pokemon we want to train.

And just because some specific players are canon to here doesn’t mean we can’t choose our gender. The player really doesn’t need to be the exact gender.

Barry has a Piplup and because Dawn will have a Turtwig, Lucas is the canon DP protagonist.
At this rate, he'll be lucky to get any appearance because Flint already represents Infernape (they could have easily given him Magmortar instead). I suppose that they could give him one of the legendaries or something random like Espurr (although that one ties into the NPC's team, while Lucas only has Clefairy to choose from and that's taken).

The big elephant in the room is who's going to get Ash-Greninja (which appeared in the datamine). The Alola starters can only be associated with the two player characters, so Ash-Greninja would come at their expense (one is already getting left out). As for Ash himself, meh. Not only would that be weird, but Ash hasn't trained Greninja in over 3 years and Pikachu is obviously his mascot. Sygna Calem could work, though.

Last edited:
At this rate, he'll be lucky to get any appearance because Flint already represents Infernape (they could have easily given him Magmortar instead).

Lucas could get a Digala and as for May and Serena, a Kygore and a Yvetal. Maybe Nate will get a Black Kyruem.

The big elephant in the room is who's going to get Ash-Greninja (which appeared in the datamine). The Alola starters can only be associated with the two player characters, so Ash-Greninja would come at their expense (one is already getting left out). As for Ash himself, meh. Not only would that be weird, but Ash hasn't trained Greninja in over 3 years and Pikachu is obviously his mascot. Sygna Calem could work, though.

Sygna Calem might get Chesnut. I really wish Ash and Max as Brendan’s brother could appear.

There's no need to give Serena anything but a Kalos starter when none is represented so far. Same for May when Swampert needs a home.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom