• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More new sync pairs in Pokémon Masters

They could give him one of the hat-wearing Pikachu with some tricks compared to the regular Pikachu, but... Surely we're supposed to keep using our starter? I know I do whenever I need an Electric type.

But it is true. Max was disliked by a lot of people and Tracey is... forgettable.

Well, aside from the fact that Red already exists here, there's also the fact that he has a different artstyle and that his ace is already taken, and you can't have Ash without Pikachu.

Sure!

After all, I can’t win:

You can't change that and you can't win this argument. Give up already, dude.

By the way, what made Max unliked even if he was Brendan’s brother. Tracey can’t be forgotten.

Last edited:
They could give him one of the hat-wearing Pikachu with some tricks compared to the regular Pikachu, but... Surely we're supposed to keep using our starter? I know I do whenever I need an Electric type.

I sincerely doubt they'll do that.

Considering that
RBY Red apparently gets the Gen 1 design (Fat) Pikachu that hits on the physical side.
. Otherwise we'll have 7 variants of it.

It's in the game data for the game. Various places have it.
This information isn't easy to find. Serebii frowns on datamines, and that one Masters wiki only has a page for Sygna Red. I've only been able to find a Reddit thread without any data.

A) Max doesn't exist in the games, and he's May's brother. B) Considering how Tracey was forgotten by the staff itself...

Part 1 of A that he is not in the games would be the best reason why. Why did the staff forget Tracey?

Why did the staff forget Tracey?
*shrugs* This might explain why though:

Bulbapedia said:
There had been some debate between members of the fanbase in regards to why Tracey was created, as well as why he replaced Brock, and vice versa. In an interview with former Pokémon anime director and storyboard artist Masamitsu Hidaka, he stated his own reason why Tracey was created and why he replaced Brock. He (or rather, his translator) revealed that the true reason they replaced Brock is because, once they realized Pokémon was going to go global, there was a chance that Americans, if not anyone else outside of Japan, would view Brock as a racist stereotype because of his eyes (even though there wasn't an actual complaint yet). So they created a "tall, white, Anglo-looking character to replace him, just to be on the safe side". They later replaced him with Brock again once they realized that no one really cared as to what Brock looks like, and actually enjoyed his character. This also may explain why Tracey was never included in The Electric Tale of Pikachu manga.

However, this was only stated by Hidaka and not by any other staff member.
On the other hand, at least this was not contradicted anywhere like what happened with Maddie Blaustein and the banned episodes.

And Blausten was trans or they would have Meowth a female in the English dub.

And Blausten was trans or they would have Meowth a female in the English dub.
A) What does Blaustein being trans have to do with anything? B) You're forgetting the main character of the anime is dubbed by a woman in most languages (with LA Spanish being one of the few exceptions), and women dubbing males (specially if they are kids or mascots) is pretty common (e.g.: Jiji from Kiki's Delivery Service's Spanish re-dub).

Will Jessie and James be voices by Cathcart and Knotz? Dawn will be Bauer? May also Knotz? Serena, Pavell? Knotz and Bill Rogers aren’t voicing Brock and Misty. Blue isn’t Cathcart either nor Red is Sarah Nacombarry. Speaking of Brock, Misty, and Blue. Feels uneven that not of them with Giovanni are not just wearing different attires from FRLG but that Brock and Blue are HGSS, Gio is USUM, and Misty is LGPE (probably due to having shorter hairstyle in HGSS).

Last edited:
Speaking of Brock, Misty, and Blue. Feels uneven that not of them with Giovanni are not just wearing different attires from FRLG but that Brock and Blue are HGSS, Gio is USUM, and Misty is LGPE (probably due to having shorter hairstyle in HGSS).
All the characters come from different points in the timeline anyway, so it's not like the clothes they wear matters too much. Just assume they picked out different clothes on the day they went to Pasio or something.

Most of the gen 1/2/3/4 characters should all technically be aged up if they wanted to keep it accurate at all. Multiverses make everything in the series inconsistent anyway.

All the characters come from different points in the timeline anyway, so it's not like the clothes they wear matters too much. Just assume they picked out different clothes on the day they went to Pasio or something.

Most of the gen 1/2/3/4 characters should all technically be aged up if they wanted to keep it accurate at all. Multiverses make everything in the series inconsistent anyway.

So they are time travelling like the Monsters in Monsters Inc. But they are from different dimensions. Maybe next year as the 25th anniversary of Pokémon, they will have many different variants.

And for this?

Will Jessie and James be voices by Cathcart and Knotz? Dawn will be Bauer? May also Knotz? Serena, Pavell? Knotz and Bill Rogers aren’t voicing Brock and Misty. Blue isn’t Cathcart either nor Red is Sarah Nacombarry.

No one has expresses their thoughts but me about them. @prog rocker, could you.

Last edited:
Last edited:
What makes the Masters continuity floodgates?
It's a metaphor. Once one person gets what they want, a whole rush of people will start asking for it, too; this causes a lot of chaos. If Ash (or any anime character) gets in, you'd expect a ton of manga fans to start screeching at DeNA to put manga characters in. Then some peoole will get mad that Ash is in and not their favorite game character, etc.

Well it’s adult humor from Toy Story.
Ehhhh, still seems too clean to censor

But anyway, about the voices.
It's probably impossible to predict who will voice who at this point. I'm certain most characters don't keep their original voice actors from the anime, so they characters can be voiced by anyone.

I think Hau sounds a bit like Ash in Masters, but they're not the same voice actress. I haven't seen the anime in ages, so maybe I'm just mistaken and they sound nothing alike.

I can’t see any Tom Kenny in the credits even Prof. Oak sounds like he is Tom Kenny. So Dawn will probably be not Bauer. Brawly sounds like Kiawe.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom