• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More than four moves

Add a move slot?

• Bring it up to 5 move slots

Votes: 36 43.4%
  • Stay at 4

Votes: 47 56.6%

• Total voters
Re: Move than four moves

Give a Garchomp the ability to own any kind of pokemon. No thanks.

That would make all of those pokemon with the so called slot syndrome cured. Do you want SD Lucario running around with SD-extremespeed-Crunch-CC-Ice Punch? Or Garchomp's with SD-Outrage-EQuake-Fire Fang-Crunch? How about MixMence with Dragon Dance slapped on his move set or an Agili Gross with both Ice and Thunder Punch? I sure don't.

Own everything with much more ease >_>

Try to tell me you don't want to at least try it out. I know you do, if only to be like "oh, that was kinda cool but I never want to do it again," and then walk away forever.

If you mean try to play with five move slots then no. It wouldn't be "kinda cool."

Re: Move then four moves

Really? Okay, you try winning a game of chess without Rooks, Bishops, or Knights. Just try.

Trust me dude, four moves is going to stay. And frankly, it's all you need. I've seen a bunch of Youtube videos by this guy named Aquablade11, and sometimes, he doesn't even need 4 moves. There are videos of him going, "eh, I wasn't sure what to put in that last slot."

And I know a lot of other people who feel the same way.

I have, and its easyer cuz you don't have to keep an eye out on all your good pieces... but I agree with you on the 4 moves thing

Just play dragon worrior monsters and leave pokemon to be like pokemon, there both great games and very simaler and very diffrent at the same time. Don't make pokemon too much like another game...

If you mean try to play with five move slots then no. It wouldn't be "kinda cool."

Maybe it wouldn't, but I highly doubt that you have absolutely no curiosity whatsoever about how game play would change if an extra slot were added. Four is a pretty arbitrary number of slots in the first place. If Gamefreak had commanded that there be only 3 slots from the beginning, I'm sure we'd all be like "No way! Four slots would completely ruin the game!"

Wouldn't more than 4 moves = FASTEST POKEMON WINS?
...Or am I missing something?

Wouldn't more than 4 moves = FASTEST POKEMON WINS?
...Or am I missing something?

pretty much. Give a Starmie or a Weavile a crap load of moves and no matter what, your pokemon is dead.

Re: Move then four moves

pretty much. Give a Starmie or a Weavile a crap load of moves and no matter what, your pokemon is dead.
Don't forget Aerodactyl

.insomniac. said:
If Pokemon would have more then 4 moves it would be so gay.
It is so damn ignorant to say stuff like "that is so gay". Makes me so upset when people use that.
Words on the computer screen are srs business. This is now a srs thread.

More than 4 moves=Electivire with all elemental punches, earthquake, psyhic, and focus blast, special Arecus with fly and surf included, special Darkrai with Dark Pulse and Dream Eater included, hacked moves, spamming Recycle, etc., all with one common denominator. Worst battles ever.

More than 4 moves=Electivire with all elemental punches, earthquake, psyhic, and focus blast, special Arecus with fly and surf included, special Darkrai with Dark Pulse and Dream Eater included, hacked moves, spamming Recycle, etc., all with one common denominator. Worst battles ever.

Fly, Dive and Dig aren't recommended in competitive battling because a lot of people can so easily set up on that type of stuff. But I do agree with your last part there.

Fly, Dive and Dig aren't recommended in competitive battling because a lot of people can so easily set up on that type of stuff. But I do agree with your last part there.

I have my Garchomp use dig. It's saved my butt more times than a straght out Earthquake would have. But then again, I just go with the flow of a battle. I have no real strategies. :eh:

I have my Garchomp use dig. It's saved my butt more times than a straght out Earthquake would have. But then again, I just go with the flow of a battle. I have no real strategies. :eh:

Hey it's alright dude. I put Dig on my Chomp on Platinum and it does help indeed but not when the opposing side has a EQ. But yeah if a player is really experienced then he/she can really easy set up on you, I've had it happen. I never said their bad moves, I just wouldn't recommend them for competitive battling that's all.

Hm I may be missing something but isn't EQuake better than Dig in every way? More BP and it doesn't take two turns. i.e If my opponents has out a Empoleon and it switches in on my Garchomp's Dragon Claw then my opponent will likely think my Chomp is choiced. Let's say it isn't and I use EQuake, Empoleon is dead. Now lets do the same scenario but with Dig. Now my opponent knows I will get the KO and can switch to a Ground resist/immunity. I don't really see how letting the opponent know what move I will be using is better than attacking without them knowing before hand. The only two turn move that I can think of as an exception would be Gyarados' Bounce. It allows Gyarados to deal SE damage to Celebi and deal with Starmie while having a nice 30% paralysis rate. When paired with Leftovers, Gyarados will be able to have some steady recovery in the process.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom