• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More than four moves

Add a move slot?

• Bring it up to 5 move slots

Votes: 36 43.4%
  • Stay at 4

Votes: 47 56.6%

• Total voters
stay at 4. If you cant work out any strategy that doesnt require less than 5 moves per pokemon then I don't think its the game mechanics that have the problem :/

Stick with 4 -- part of the (enjoyable) challenge of Pokemon is that you have to cram everything you want into 4 moves.

Also, you'd have to significantly lower the number of PP allotted to each move if you gave them 5 slots. Stalemate battles would go on forever -_-

Stick with 4 -- part of the (enjoyable) challenge of Pokemon is that you have to cram everything you want into 4 moves.

Also, you'd have to significantly lower the number of PP allotted to each move if you gave them 5 slots. Stalemate battles would go on forever -_-

Indeed. Especially with some of these new Pokemon, some WiFi battles would last for hours, or would end up completely one-sided due to a Pokemon being unstoppable.

Four moves is the way it must be. Not only does it provide a greater depth of strategy, but it also keeps some Pokémon in check. Can you imagine how broken Lucario or Mismagius would get if they could have 5 or 6 moves? Not to mention most legendaries, which can learn pretty much any TM.

Bring it up. Especially since I had an overwheliming time trying to teach my Lucario in Diamond Rock Climb. I hope they have in Gen. 5. . . .

nah... battles would be overly long (well, maybe not long) and complicated.

I'd be open to giving a weak Pokémon an ability that allows it an extra moveslot. That's about it though.

Hmm, bringing it up would nerf some Pokemon and make others unstoppable. For example:

Empoleon@Petaya Berry

-Substitute
-Surf/Boiling Watter
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Agility

Would be absolutely terrifying. Only the best mach punchers would be able to defeat it. (Technician Breloom comes to mind.)

On the other hand, it would make it a lot easier for things to run taunt, making stall more easily breakable.

Nice to see you. I am Salamance, a hack. Who wants to see me with ANOTHER FREAKING MOVE? :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom