• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most annoying battle?

Elesa is definitely annoying to face. D8< But the trainers beforehand! Darn Double Teams! There should be an Evasion Clause! they DT once, oops, not a single attack can hit anymore! If the player DTs 6 times, you're lucky if even ONE of the opponent's attack misses. :/ Darn hacking punks...

And nobody's going to mention how Ghetsis' Cofagrigus spams Toxic-Protect?

I was very much surprised that he did that. D8

I didn't really have trouble with any of the gym leaders or the Elite 4. It was only Ghetsis. Not sure what that says, but whatever. Also, anytime I faced a Simipour. Every trainer that had one apparently made sure it new Scald cause that the only move the little jerk ever uses.

Pokémon with sturdy are a big one - they always get a free move with which to do whatever they please, and it whittles me down during long travel stretches. I'm still not entirely adjusted to it.

The one that I wasn't expecting was the jump in level between the Elite Four and postgame trainers. Specifically, the last trainers that you fight in the story have Pokémon that approach level 60. After the credits roll, random trainers start having Pokémon at level 63+, without a good way of easing the player into the higher levels. I could handle the shift, but suddenly having a bit of challenge out of random trainers again threw me off.

Usually a battle against a Roggenrolla/Boldore or any pokemon with Sturdy since that Unova upgrade. ESPECIALLY CHERENS GIGALITH

The only battle I found annoying was Elesa, what with all that switching and the fact that I didn't have any useful pokemon at the time. But then I leveled a Boldore with Take Down and it was cake.

Besides boldore and Ghetsis, The battle subway hax is what's annoying me the most.
i ran into a blissy in Super Doubles that had Attract/Thunderwave
I got to attack about once every 3 turns. and that's on the Females who weren't attracted and just paralyzed. it's a miracle i won that when my flygon couldn't attack for 5 turns in a row.

Every day, getting my fossils in Twist Mountain, it's either a Sturdy Boldore or an Enduring Cubchoo. GARGH!!!

Also - Cynthia. When I took her on, I wasn't expecting... I mean... RIP, Max Revives.

Since everybody here is talking about BW, I'm going to say Ace Trainer Jamie in SS. Her Ampharos seems to get extreme luck in my game...

Maybe that's because it's in the "Current Event: Black & White" forum.

Oh, I remember that Ace Trainer on the bottom of Chargestone Cave. *shivers*

Since everybody here is talking about BW, I'm going to say Ace Trainer Jamie in SS. Her Ampharos seems to get extreme luck in my game...

...Do you even know what forum you're posting in? If I wanted to hear about SS, I'll post this in "Video Games" :I.

N's Siglyph. I completely underestimated that thing and it took down nearly my whole team.

Let's see now...
Clay's Excadrill
N's Scraggy (Swagger... >____________>)
Ghetsis's Hydreigon

Probably in the minority, but I found Elesa to be quite easy. (Just mentioning, since a lot of people tend to complain about her Emolga. It's just a test of patience.)

If I used a Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus, I can say that most of the wild battles are annoying because I don't want to face anything that gives the wrong EVs, so I normally escape them. Some, they were easy, like Boldore, but most of the time, due to the slowness of the Pokemon, then escaping is annoying! It makes training one of these Pokemon all the harder.

Thanks for reading.

That one ace trainer in Chargestone Cave that has a Lilligant that knows both Quiver Dance and Teeter Dance.

That one Pokemon I just found freaking annoying as hell as it took down 4 of my other Pokemon and had 3 Quiver Dances in before I K.Oed it.
There's a Smasher in the Small Court that will do the exact same damn thing. Took me half a friggin' hour to drop that stupid thing and she took out like five of my guys at a time. ARGH!

If Lilligant were real, I'd burn her alive. And roast marshmallows over her. :mad:
I was pretty ill-prepared for Clay's Excadrill. Took me a couple tries.
I was able to nail him in one try, but it took a lot of Revives and Lemonades. I had no idea that one Hone Claws would kill so many of my guys. Ugh.

But once I nailed him, I grinned for two hours afterward. I actually felt like I had accomplished something.
Also, anytime I faced a Simipour. Every trainer that had one apparently made sure it new Scald cause that the only move the little jerk ever uses.
I am officially sick of Scald now. Every time it hits, I get burned. Literally. I hate that damned monkey. :banghead:

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom