• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most annoying Pokemon battle

QuantumPolagnus

Cipher Admin
Reaction score
What is the most annoying Pokemon battle you've ever been subjected to?

For me, that would have to be my Milotic against Wallace's Milotic in Emerald's Elite 4.

My lvl 61 Milotic (Surf, Ice Beam, Recover, Refresh)
His lvl 58 Milotic (Surf, Ice Beam, Recover, Toxic)

All the rest of my team was dead (or would have died very quickly to his Milotic), and so that battle went on all the way to both of us struggling and then he busts out the Full Restores (since he'd been using Recover until then).

I actually took advantage of the fact that he managed to Freeze my Milotic at one point, just so I could conserve PP and make his Milotic start Struggling first. :)

Whitney. Miltank with scrappy, stomp, rollout, milk drink, and attract...

I HATE YOU!

Whitney and her unbelievably ugly monster that can use attract and use milk drink from its *explicits*.

If you ever do eventually defeat her she just...
"WAHHH YOU MEANY"

"... Hey um wheres my badge...?"

How about going ditto hunting in Cerulean Cave in FireRed with a Magikarp at the front of you're party, forgetting to put an Smoke Ball on it and running into a high level Wobbuffet? Wabba's only know DEFENSIVE moves, and Magikarp only knew Splash. Ya, it took fucking FOREVER for Wabba to finally kill itself with Struggle :(

now imagine doing this more than once :C -_-'

Last edited:
There was one time I tried using a Slaking that knew Shadow Ball against Phoebe, I would try to use Shadow Ball on it, it would use Protect and then use the other turn to attack with Confuse Ray. Sure I could have easily swtiched, but I wanted my Slaking to get all the EXP in that match and be the one to take down Dusclops since I knew it would get the job done.

How about going ditto hunting in Cerulean Cave in FireRed with a Magikarp at the front of you're party, forgetting to put an Smoke Ball on it and running into a high level Wabaffet? Wabba's only know DEFENSIVE moves, and Magikarp only knew Splash. Ya, it took fucking FOREVER for Wabba to finally kill itself with Struggle :(

OH MAN. Oh man. That's so good. I'm dying. I love this. So good.

-The battle against Whitney in HG. (her Miltank was a pain to take down)
-Any battle involving a Milotic (especially Emerald Wallace's Milotic)
-Norman in Sapphire/Emerald (why did he have 2 Slaking in Sapphire? Good thing he has 1 in Emerald)

Wally in Ruby and Sapphire, especially in the 5th rematch of his second fight.

The reason why is because he has a "OMFG IM GONA LOOSE@@@@@" AI, meaning he uses Super Potion on a Pokemon that aren't actually low on HP.

How about going ditto hunting in Cerulean Cave in FireRed with a Magikarp at the front of you're party, forgetting to put an Smoke Ball on it and running into a high level Wabaffet? Wabba's only know DEFENSIVE moves, and Magikarp only knew Splash. Ya, it took fucking FOREVER for Wabba to finally kill itself with Struggle :(

It's "Wobbuffet". Not... however you spelled it.

In Platinum VS Maylene and Fantina.

Maylene and her fucking Lucario kept outspeeding my whole team even after they were 3 levels OVER Lucario and he kept parahaxing everything with Force Palm >_>

Fantina just kept using Full Restore and goddamn Mismagious nearly OHKO everything on my team.

Wabaffet... almost as good as "mengainiam" and "argon" (apparently the guy wanted/offered an element, not the Pokémon) I came across in the Trade Center yesterday.

To me, any battle involving Milotic or Dragonite is annoying. So are the random battles against one level higher Zubat and Tentacool with running being blocked with "Can't escape!" Those Tentacool even tend to use Bind/Wrap/whatever on the first turn just to ensure I have to kill that damn squid.

Oh, and every single battle in Battle Factory. The BF facility I hate more than anything.

Fighting Koga and his lvl whatever Muk the second time around. I wanted my Umbreon to get the XP . Payback was pathetic seeing how I was quicker so Last Resort was the only thing that had could do real damage. Except he kept throing Swaggers my way so it took ages for me to finally stop hurting myself and use my other 3 moves. Even longer after all the Screeches he used meant that hurting myself meant 3/4 HP gone and I had to heal. Plus healing from Toxic. Than when I finally could use Last Resort I had an awesome boost from Swagger but he had spammed Minimize to the maximum. I used the two X Accuracies I thought I would never need but it stil wasn't enough. I finally get a hit bringing him down to about 1/3, except by the time I get another hit through all the Minimizes, confusion and Toxics, Black Sludge has healed him enough to be able to take it. I could have switched out at any point but in the end it wasn't even about XP anymore. It was the principle

*looks under name* I have to disagree.

For me, any battle in the Battle Hall that destroys my streak. It usually involves a critical hit... Hmmm, idea.... Shedinja...... hmmmmmm.......

Any of those battles that involves me having a dark type with only one low PP attacking move and then I'm OUT of PP against a psychic type that only has one psychic type attacking move and the battle takes forever. Once all the Pokemon's attacking moves are gone, it's a bunch of stat upping and other crap.

Lance and Red in hg/ss. How many full restores do those two guys have anyway?

Whitney? Lance? Maylene? Bah, pushovers. In FireRed, there's a trainer on one of the Sevii Islands who has a level 55 Chansey. I've never had more trouble defeating a Pokémon than I had with this thing. Billions of HP, not to mention Softboiled, and once you'd get it down to the red, out comes the Full Restore. I swear, I must have fought that thing for 20 minutes.

Now when I go VS Seeking on that route, I always make it a point to avoid her. I'm not going through that shit again.

Once on PBR, a guy had a gengar, and i only had a Machamp and a golem left, i could do absolutly jack about it
remind me not to fill my squad up with only normal, fighting and ground moves, cause a ghost type with levitate will destroy you

Whitney? Lance? Maylene? Bah, pushovers. In FireRed, there's a trainer on one of the Sevii Islands who has a level 55 Chansey. I've never had more trouble defeating a Pokémon than I had with this thing. Billions of HP, not to mention Softboiled, and once you'd get it down to the red, out comes the Full Restore. I swear, I must have fought that thing for 20 minutes.

Now when I go VS Seeking on that route, I always make it a point to avoid her. I'm not going through that shit again.

yeah, I remmember that :)

I would have to say all those wild pokémon in the emerald battle places.

regi fights are my favorite, but can become irksome:7up:

My first ever battle against the battle tower brain. I baton passed some speed to metagross no sub) and he takes an attack with immpunity. He ice punches dragonite, and in comes rhyperior. Meteor mash hits an does more and more and more. Easy win, right? Focus band activates, godamnit. He EQs to KO gross, and in comes ninjask to do 1HP damage to rhyperior. Milotic comes in, takes ninjask's attack, and ice beams back. Flygon can't KO (Soooooo close) and gets KO'd by ice beam. So f'in close. I stopped playing the BT for a while because of that, but finally got back into and decided to crush Palmer with the same team instead of my revamped team, just to make a point. I hate him.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom