• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most annoying Pokemon to face when playing the main game (not competitive battling)

Re: Most annoying Pokemon to face when playing through the games.

In BWB2W2, it's annoying how MOST of the Ground-types are so soon before the Electric Gym. It gives them little time to be trained before advancing there.

This is the reason why I use repels whenever I go in areas with those Pokemon, though in X/Y they're harder to avoid on Route 13 when the moving blotches of dirt move closer to you.
You know you can just use a Pokemon with Run Away, like Pachirisu or something else. (I think of Aipom, but I got mine by early game WTing)

In BWB2W2, it's annoying how MOST of the Ground-types are so soon before the Electric Gym. It gives them little time to be trained before advancing there.

I think they might have done that on purpose precisely so you would have something to use against Elesa. As for the training aspect of that, well training in 5th gen in general is pretty ridiculous thanks to the EXP system.

I think they might have done that on purpose precisely so you would have something to use against Elesa. As for the training aspect of that, well training in 5th gen in general is pretty ridiculous thanks to the EXP system.

That's typically how it works. It's happened in other games, too (Growlithe and Vulpix showing up right before Celadon, Ice Path just before Blackthorn, etc.,)

That's typically how it works. It's happened in other games, too (Growlithe and Vulpix showing up right before Celadon, Ice Path just before Blackthorn, etc.,)

Yeah, but in some cases it feels like a coincidence. Like having Petalburg Woods before Roxanne.

Wobbuffet is a real nightmare to come across when I am not prepared for it. I hate that thing so much! I also had a bastard of a time trying to defeat Whitney and Elesa because of their Miltank and Emolga. I even sometimes have trouble dealing with those Pokemon in the wild and I end up just running instead of having to put up with them. They may be worth a lot of experience points, but when I have to constantly go to the Pokemon Center after coming across them every single time, they really are not worth it.

Zubat and Golbat can also be a pain because my Pokemon can be at a much higher level when I come across them yet they can STILL be faster, thus preventing me from running while making me take unnecessary hits. I hate them!

I hate Wobbuffet with his Shadow Tag and his moveset, especially with how lucky it seems to be with Mirror Coat and Counter.
Sawk with Sturdy and Counter/Payback was probably the one that annoyed me the most in White and Black 2 though, especially the first time I encountered one and got a ohko from a payback, not knowing it could have sturdy...

As odd as this is going to sound, the hardest Pokemon for me to face in-game is Emolga. Even though it has mediocre stats, generic abilities, and an average movepool, it somehow always manages to catch me off guard and KO one of my team members. Same goes for Sigilyph, although he's a bit less shocking considering he actually has decent stats.

There is no particular Pokemon but it is very annoying to face a Pokemon that dealt Sleep and Frozen status and confusion. You can make my Pokemon Paralyze, Poison, or Burn, but everytime a certain opponent throw a move that will cause your Pokemon a Sleep Frozen or confusion status, it always makes me annoy. It is like a strategy-breaker and it will force you to switch out.

I don't have a specific one I hate other than Zubat and Golbat. Otherwise its ones that spam status moves like Thunder Wave, Toxic, and Confuse Ray.

Emolga in Black. Holy Arceus, I hated that thing with a passion, and that was before the BW anime even began airing. Double Team, Static, Elesa's Volt Switch Duo... every time I read "[trainer] sent out Emolga!", I wanted to scream, "NOOOOOOO!"
Ugh, Elsa's flying rats. I will never like Emolga simply because of Volt Switch. They were a nightmare for me on Black. May I never see them again.
Wikstrom and his damn Probopass! This thing just stalls as you hit it and then Wilkstrom heals it with a super potion because it has sturdy.
I found a way of dealing with that.

I usually have my Golurk take Wikstrom's team and when the Probopass comes out, I choose Fly. Even at level 100, Fly won't do much but then I follow up with a Drain Punch for the kill. Wikstrom won't blow a Potion, I get a free HP refill and win the battle, easy as pie.

In Emerald the banes of my existence were Wobbuffet and Trapinch, since you couldn't switch or flee on either one. I hated the desert area with a passion, as I kept running into one Trapinch after another.

Koga's Muk in HGSS and any Pokémon that has the Sturdy Ability.

Johto Route 40-41 and the ever present Tentacools and Tentacruels. Even worse, Bug Spray doesn't always work because the Wild Pokémon there are sometimes higher than the Trainers. Even worse than Zubats because you don't see any other marine Pokémon at all.

Seriously there should be a Tentacool version of Zubat Rap.

Any Pokemon that has Sturdy. :p Those little buggers drive me insane!

Wikstrom's Probopass is the only legitimate "challenge" in XY because of Sturdy, so Probopass. Although he does waste all his healing items on it...

Whitney's Miltank. God that thing was annoying.
Crobat annoys the hell out of me too.
And anything with an ability that causes a status infliction.

Forgot one: Sturdy Sawk while EV training in Black. I hate having to use two moves in order to KO it just to get the Attack boost. What a pain in the skidplate.

Any Pokemon that has Sturdy. :p Those little buggers drive me insane!
^This.Also,Staravia are really annoying,because of the grating cry,Intimidate,Double Team and Whirlwind.

The most annoying Pokémon to face are the ones that will kick your ass.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom