• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most annoying things in Pokemon Ranger?

Charbok

Back From The Grave
Reaction score
What things in the Pokemon Ranger series annoyed you the most? I hated in the first game when you had to lead that guy who was terrified of bugs through the forest. If you even touched a pixel of a bug you has to start over. >_>

I also hate in the third game when you have to hide form the Dusclops and prevent them from seeing you. There were points when I was right by the exit and a speck of Dusclops light hit me and I went back to the beginning.

I agree with the first one you mentioned. I HATED that. I nearly threw my DS because of it >_>

I hate the third game cuz of the "past" missions!

It's hard and no one else has a DS in my neighborhood! :(

I really hate the past missions, as they're nearly impossible in single-player mode. It's really the only aspect of Guardian Signs I even remotely dislike.

I really hate the past missions, as they're nearly impossible in single-player mode. It's really the only aspect of Guardian Signs I even remotely dislike.

AMEN! Whoo! Someone agrees with me! I wish these "past missions" were available to play on wifi over nintendo wfc!

Yeah those past missions annoy me. Epecially the download one with Deoxys that needs a second player to play.>_>

I also hate in the third game when you have to hide form the Dusclops and prevent them from seeing you. There were points when I was right by the exit and a speck of Dusclops light hit me and I went back to the beginning.

I was actually able to get far into the light and not get transported. Huh.

I dislike when they attack you and damge your styler...

That jungle bug mission in the original shat me to tears. I actually did throw my DS after that one...and at the end your reward is...a Gyarados! How freakin nice.

In the first one...the poor capture system (the blue numbers...THE DAMN BLUE NUMBERS!!!). Thankfully, they fixed it for Shadows of Almia...

Please tell me they've not made it worse for Guardian Signs!..

Yeah, the bug guy in Ranger really ticked me off as well. I spent way too long on that little excursion because I believe it was the Ariados who were always too fast for me. Oh, and the Skitty lady. UGGGGH I hated the Skitty lady. I don't know why, she just irritated me. A ton.

The past missions in GS are really frustrating, I agree with that. I just can't beat the Ice Temple.

And in Shadows of Almia, I wanted to slap Keith when he got himself kidnapped and we lost the Yellow Gem. Oh and then we lost the Gem a second time at Altru... because of Keith. Keith, I shake my fist at thee sometimes.

The bug guy from the first pokemon ranger,i wanted to fucking kill the shit outta him it was so hard!!!!!!

Oh, I loathed that mission in Shadows of Almia when you had to creep past the minions to get onto the cargo ship. Every time I got close I was spotted, it took me about 20 tries.

I HATED facing Drapion in Shadows of Almia, and also getting Starly.

I despised trying to capture Steelix.

The first game and its "you have to draw all circles consecutively" requirement. It gets to become a total nightmare at times. I thought it was a very good move to change it to an HP-esque system in the sequels. So many things were annoying in that first game because of that mechanic that I feel discouraged to mention them all.

Water levels are kind of annoying throughout the entire series... nothing but water pokemon assists to use...

Ranger: The Entomophobic, the capture method, Muk, Charizard, Entei, other crap.
Shadows of Almia: Not much.
Guardian Signs: Haven't played it. I hope I can get it soon, along with Explorers of Sky.

The save thing. It just cannot be like in the trainer games just save everywhere and keep going. Finding a checkpoint/quicksaving and turning the game off argh!!!

I also dont like releasing the pokemon. Especially cuties like Jigglypuff

Steelix was so difficult to capture! I remember I barely caught it with a Dark type assist (what was it, Sneasel?) which allows lines to last longer.

Is short, catching Pokemon that attack or spread out is so annoying as well as difficult.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom