• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

most annoying voice in the dub?

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Iris, Ash, James, Meowth, Brock, Oshawott, Axew, Scraggy, Tranquill, Grovyle, Bianca, Professor Oak, Cadbury, Cameron, Burgundy, Krookodile, Krokorok, Sandile, Snivy(Trip's), Servine, Serperior, and plenty of others I'm not going to bother to name.

Besho said:
no

Reaction score
This guy:

[video=youtube;5EbmNlH6oDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EbmNlH6oDo[/video]

Annoying in an amusing sort of way, but still annoying nonetheless.

Returning to Hoenn
Reaction score
Professor Oak's voice was always a tad irritating for me...

Bianca, Jessie, Misty, and Ash's new voice. He just totally sounds like a pre-pubescent girl now.

ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ ᴀᴄǫᴜɪʀᴇᴅ
Reaction score
Sweet Baby James, Iris's voice.

Then pretty much every Unovan Pokemon that was dubbed (Oshawott sounds like a chain smoker, with Tepig an accomplice).

And naturally, everyone after the Battle Frontier controversy.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
The COTDs with accents tend to get on my nerves the most - the bloody Mary Poppins English accents the voice actors insist on doing (That bloody witch from Johto, for example). Fantina takes the prize for me, for being an annoying character with a ridiculous Python-esque accent. At least Burgundy's French was supposed to be bad.

Iris comes in second (Draygun mastur!)

Hang up and try again
Reaction score
It's always been a tie between Iris and James for me. However, I didn't care for Max's voice (new or old) either.

Reaction score
Professor Oak's voice was always a tad irritating for me...
I actually think that Professor Oak's voice in the 4Kids dub actually suited him more than the one in Origins.
Same here. Stuart Zagnit as Prof. Oak is my favorite dub voice.

I don't know if I can pick a single least favorite, but I still haven't watched Battle Frontier due to how much I disliked the cast change at the time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lisa Ortiz as Korrina, Amy Rose just doesn't suit her, Gurkinn sounds too young, and little Clemont's voice is ugly.

Reaction score
Definitely JCC's James, Knotz's Jessie, and JCC's Meowth in the TPCi dub. Oh and Bill Roger's Brock in DP.

Nah, not possible.
Reaction score
... Ugh, what can I say? I think I hate all of them.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
In terms of long-term characters: Iris. Her voice was like nails on a chalkboard. Throw in her annoying "catchphrase" and you get an award-winning combo that was enough on its own to repel anyone from the show. No wonder I hated her (and still do, for that matter), so I'm quite relieved to see her gone.

In terms of short-term (or one-shot, whatever you prefer): Jump definately wins that one. While it sorta fits, it's still terrible. At least he was only in a single episode, so that helped mitigate the problem.

ORASORASORAS
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion time: Victoria Taylor as Ash.

So... High pitched... Nostalgic Team Rocket voices are not worth it.

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest here, and say that most of the voices in Pokemon....don't actually annoy me. Maybe I've just seen too much anime to the point where I'm desensitized to bad dubbing, I dunno.

THAT BEING SAID - James' current voice bugs me, a lot. He used to sound cool, now he sounds really, REALLY dorky. Not how I remember or imagine him. Likewise, Meowth's current voice isn't much better, being way too whiny.

Carter Cathcart, I have the upmost respect for you, but...you kinda wrecked two of the best characters on the show there.

Get in the bag Nebby
Reaction score
Top 3 most annoying voices from most to least annoying:
1. Jessie-She probably has THE worst english voice ever. It is so high pitched and irritating that I feel like I'm going deaf from hearing her talk.
2. Korrina-It's almost as annoying as Jessie's imo. Her va really lost it it seems imo.
3. Iris-Her voice is irritating as well, though it does fit her character well imo.