• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

most annoying voice in the dub?

I pretty much dislike Dawn's English dub voice myself *shrugs*. And Brock's voice in DP. Especially in those cringeworthy moments he explains for the umpteenth time that a certain type is effective / not effective against another type.

Yeah, I think I just dislike most of the dub voices in DP, it's probably one of the reasons I dislike the saga itself.

Last edited:
Probably Drew or Cheren?
I like their characters (for the most part), but their voices didn't seem fitting to me, and annoyed me a lot when watching the anime.

But most of all, KELDEO's voice in the movie was probably the most annoying, hands down.

I pretty much dislike Dawn's English dub voice myself *shrugs*. And Brock's voice in DP. Especially in those cringeworthy moments he explains for the umpteenth time that a certain type is effective / not effective against another type.

Yeah, I think I just dislike most of the dub voices in DP, it's probably one of the reasons I dislike the saga itself.

...Have I finally found someone who understands why the DP dub is my worst out of all the dubs so far?...

Actually, Dawn is the only one who did not really bother me, but that's because I had nothing prior to that voice to compare it to.

Seriously, even the BF dub did not bother me as much. That's saying something considering that was when the switch occurred.

Probably Drew or Cheren?
I like their characters (for the most part), but their voices didn't seem fitting to me, and annoyed me a lot when watching the anime.

But most of all, KELDEO's voice in the movie was probably the most annoying, hands down.

Vic Mignogna is a good Edward Elric, but casting him as Keldeo? He was very miscast in the role, IMO.

At least the BW dub is a significant improvement over the BF and DP dubs. I'm able to tolerate it at worst, so that's good. :)

Last edited:

...Have I finally found someone who understand why the DP dub is my worst out of all the dubs so far?...

Seriously, even the BF dub did not bother me as much. That's saying something considering that was when the switch occurred.

Indeed, when I try to watch a DP episode I cringe a lot of times :p and yeah, the voices have a LOT to do with that.

I myself grew up with the Dutch dub and until now every character from the original series has retained his or her voice ever since, with little changes in how the voices sound. So there's little to hate for me there :p but the English dub has gone through a lot of changes, even the changes between the DP dub and the BW dub are relatively easy to recognize, so it's harder for me to really like the English dub at times (and I've seen almost every OS episode in English, so I do know how good it is).

Last edited:
For the main characters ,Team Rocket's Meowth. All three of his voice actors made him sound like some sort of annoying Brooklyn midget (Jimmy Zoppi's random Yiddish exclamations for the character didn't help) and it's probably the most miscast voice out of all the main characters. Inuko Inuyama's Nyasu voice is incredible since it actually *sounds* like a cat speaking Japanese.

I also dislike Veronica Taylor's "plugged up nose" voice she used for Ash in the early Kanto episodes (since it doesn't fit the character at all, IMO) and prefer the Ash voice she used in the Orange Islands and the majority of Johto.

For the main characters ,Team Rocket's Meowth. All three of his voice actors made him sound like some sort of annoying Brooklyn midget (Jimmy Zoppi's random Yiddish exclamations for the character didn't help) and it's probably the most miscast voice out of all the main characters. Inuko Inuyama's Nyasu voice is incredible since it actually *sounds* like a cat speaking Japanese.

I also dislike Veronica Taylor's "plugged up nose" voice she used for Ash in the early Kanto episodes (since it doesn't fit the character at all, IMO) and prefer the Ash voice she used in the Orange Islands and the majority of Johto.

I actually liked Maddie Blaustein's version of Meowth as far as the dub goes of the three dub voices he's had. Nathan Price started off pretty eccentric but he was tolerable to me. Carter Cathcart/Jimmy Zoppi, on the other hand, is mostly :eek:hdear::eek: for me. He has his moments, like the most recent dub episode though. I'll give him that.

"Oy vey" is one of those Yiddish expressions I remember him using a lot. Made me cringe.

I do agree all three give him this pointless Brooklyn midget feel, and I never liked that to tell you the truth.

On Ash, FINALLY, someone who thought he sounded awful in early Kanto! Seriously, he sounded like his nose was plugged...clogged, even. People say that sounds more boyish than Taylor's latter performances, but my response to that is just...what boy have you talked to before?

I thought Taylor got much better from mid-Kanto onwards, began to shine in the Orange Islands, and peaked in Johto. I was okay with her Hoenn voice, but I wasn't as fond of it as his OI and Johto voice.

I did not like Sarah Natochenny's performance as Ash in later BF or DP, because she was way too rough, deep, and forced, IMO. I like it for the most part in Unova, but Taylor's my favorite.

Last edited:
So YOU ARE Mocking Billy Bob Thompson here who actually did a good job as Heatmor but i will live with it.

Shamus, `Cameron, it sounded like he was really sick to me.

So YOU ARE Mocking Billy Bob Thompson here who actually did a good job as Heatmor but i will live with it.

Shamus, `Cameron, it sounded like he was really sick to me.

Not him so much as the voice there. I really like the way he played Burgh, just not Heatmor. *shrugs*

Even thoug i did post cheren earlyer as the most annoying voice, i do think that Iris had the most annoying voice of the major cast members cause she is always yelling at Yuma to duel and support him and give him talks about friendship... I mean constantly calling Ash a little kid. So Cheren and Iris are the most annoying to me

Even thoug i did post cheren earlyer as the most annoying voice, i do think that Iris had the most annoying voice of the major cast members cause she is always yelling at Yuma to duel and support him and give him talks about friendship... I mean constantly calling Ash a little kid. So Cheren and Iris are the most annoying to me

I noticed that the same voice actor who voices Iris (Eileen Stevens) in Pokémon also voices Tori in Zexal, so that's definitely true that she lectures Yuma in that sense. XD.

Friendship? Oh, no, we have another Anzu/Tea on our hands...JK.

What's most ironic (in a good way) is that both Amy Birnbaum, who played Tea Gardner in the OG YGO, and Eileen Stevens, who plays Tori Meadows in YGO Zexal, played Max (4Kids) and Iris, respectively, in Pokémon.

I must admit, I was disappointed with Todd Haberkorn's voice for Cheren. Hard to believe that's the same VA who played Italy in the Hetalia dub and Death the Kid.

In my opinion, it's a toss-up between Veronica Taylor's voice for Ash in the first half of Kanto and Sarah Natochenny's voice for Ash in the Manaphy Movie.

Though Jellicent's voice is a close second.

Speaking as Someone Who Started Watching the Dub From the Beginning---

Most Annoying Dub Voices for Main Characters By Saga:

Kanto: Veronica Taylor's Ash (Early Kanto Only)
Orange Islands: No One.
Johto: No One.
Hoenn: Eric Stuart's James (AG006 and Serious Scenes)
Battle Frontier: Sarah Natochenny's Ash (AG165-AG191) and Kayzie Rogers' Max (AG146-AG191) = :eek:hdear:
Sinnoh: Sarah Natochenny's Ash (DP001-DP130), Bill Rogers' Brock (DP002-DP189), and Michele Knotz's May (Cameo) = :eek:
Unova: Carter Cathcart's Meowth (BW001-Present) and Michele Knotz's Misty (BW116) = :XD2:

Most Annoying Dub Voices for COTDs By Saga:

Kanto: Butch.
Orange Islands: Butch.
Johto: All "Lisa Ortiz" Roles.
Hoenn: Jump, Morrison, and All Side Characters (AG147-AG191).
Sinnoh: Girl in Background who says "You can't challenge the champion like thaaa--" (DP040); All Side Characters (DP001-DP052).
Unova: Cheren and Bianca (Erica Schroeder's version...expect better from her).

Most Annoying Pokémon Dub Voices:

Unova: Beheeyem, Aerodactyl, Jellicent, Volcarona, and Zebstrika.

Last edited:
Nice Faces Dude they are Really Pretty Funny Here and the Voice I Hate was Craig Blair as Tracy for 1 Episode and I could Not aStand it and Ed Paul had better be Tracy Again when he is Able To Talk Again I Think.

Nice Faces Dude they are Really Pretty Funny Here and the Voice I Hate was Craig Blair as Tracy for 1 Episode and I could Not aStand it and Ed Paul had better be Tracy Again when he is Able To Talk Again I Think.

Oh god, how could I forget that guy? XD.

Ted Lewis/Ed Paul was much better as Tracey than Craig Blair was, IMO. Craig Blair sounded so much more like a skater boy or something, and a bad impression of Ted Lewis, than Ted Lewis did. Tracey is the role in which I feel Ted Lewis was at his best.

Last edited:
I did not really like Cameron's Voice he sounded like he was sick all the time to me at least.

I did not like Angus, Betty, and Getty's Voices at all and they sound just sooo weird to me.

Back
Top Bottom