• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

most annoying voice in the dub?

Iris and Oshawott have the most annoying voices. Iris's voice is too high pitched it makes my ears bleed, and Oshawott sounds like a broken record player, it makes me want to punch the little otter.

Misty's voice in BW116 my god (shivers)
I dont watch Hoenn much so idk what jump sounds like but from what I'm hearing from you guys it must be terrible.

Iris makes me want to brain her with a scalchop after its been used to brutally murder its poor mijumaru owner.

Misty's voice in BW116 my god (shivers)
I dont watch Hoenn much so idk what jump sounds like but from what I'm hearing from you guys it must be terrible.

IKR? She sounded like Iris to me. -_-

The worst of the worst for me are Brock and Meowth's current voices. All wrong in every way imaginable. I could rant for days about why I dislike them. Brock is so annoying in the flirting and emotional scenes now: he even scares me now, and Meowth's constant slang, and his loud, obnoxious voice practically make me want to muzzle him. So deep, so old-sounding, and so inappropriate.

Out of the newly cast dub voices, I dislike Iris' voice. Gotta agree with you guys here: when she has a high-pitch, she has a really high-pitch. It's very irritating.

BTW, Jump sounded terrible. Thank god you didn't see that episode.

Last edited:
Okie I just heard Jumps's voice
there are no words to describe that monstrosity.
And I agree with Brock's new voice. It makes him sound fatter.
And Meowth. He must be smoking with Butch and Dustox at night.

Cadbury was Terrible, I Bailed Out on this Episode but ONLY wanted to hear his Voice for Once and MY GOD IT WAS TERRIBLE
Jump. I mean WTF WHAT KINDA VOICE WAS THAT.
Butch in Battle Frontier and Sinnoh JUST PLAIN TERRIBLE
Not a Fan of Pignite's Voice Sadly, Marc Thompson is Good but was Not Great as the Pig
Most of the Pans and Simi's were Terrible
Bill Rogers as Brock HE SOUNDS LIKE A 40-50 Year Old Man for crying OUTLOUD
Meowth at Times is Bad but Not all the Time
Cameron WAS GOD AWFUL, HE SOUNDED LIKE HE WAS SICK ALL THE TIME.

Cadbury was Terrible, I Bailed Out on this Episode but ONLY wanted to hear his Voice for Once and MY GOD IT WAS TERRIBLE
Jump. I mean WTF WHAT KINDA VOICE WAS THAT.
Butch in Battle Frontier and Sinnoh JUST PLAIN TERRIBLE
Not a Fan of Pignite's Voice Sadly, Marc Thompson is Good but was Not Great as the Pig
Most of the Pans and Simi's were Terrible
Bill Rogers as Brock HE SOUNDS LIKE A 40-50 Year Old Man for crying OUTLOUD
Meowth at Times is Bad but Not all the Time
Cameron WAS GOD AWFUL, HE SOUNDED LIKE HE WAS SICK ALL THE TIME.

Don't forget Emlyn Morinelli's Cassidy. AWFUL. Sounded nothing like Andi Whaley. She sounded like her Officer Jenny. Officer Jenny =/= Cassidy.

The male Juniper.

Makes me sad because the same actor ROCKED as Professor Oak in the 4Kids Pokemon dub. His current actor sucks... :(

Sudowoodo Did not have a Great Voice in TPCI and not Good.
Parker is a bit Off but Not Complete Crap I Think
Most of the Unknown Voices in Cilan and Purrloin DA Episode were not Good
Weiss and Swarts were Not Good and for Being Team Plasma Grunts at Least Tom Wayland and T.J. Delerno were Ok and better than those 2.
Anthea and Concordia Were Terrible I think
Cheren AGUGGGGGGGGG TERRIBLE
Nurse Joy in Battle Frontier and Sinnoh Bland and Boring.
Tracy in the Last AG Episode WTF HE WAS TERRIBLE
Garbodor is Not so Hot.

Sudowoodo Did not have a Great Voice in TPCI and not Good.
Parker is a bit Off but Not Complete Crap I Think
Most of the Unknown Voices in Cilan and Purrloin DA Episode were not Good
Weiss and Swarts were Not Good and for Being Team Plasma Grunts at Least Tom Wayland and T.J. Delerno were Ok and better than those 2.
Anthea and Concordia Were Terrible I think
Cheren AGUGGGGGGGGG TERRIBLE
Nurse Joy in Battle Frontier and Sinnoh Bland and Boring.
Tracy in the Last AG Episode WTF HE WAS TERRIBLE
Garbodor is Not so Hot.

Agreed. I never liked Michele Knotz's May myself. That voice got on my nerves in every appearance May made. LOL.

The only time I liked her was in M09. She really sucked when May cameoed in Sinnoh...

Lickilicky Was not Good I think
Dusclops Meh was not Good I think
Bulbasaur in TPCI Sounded not Good and Made Bulbasaur sound like some Annoying Kid
Baltoy, PRETTY WEIRD
Graveler Sounds Weird.

[video=youtube;Sq2ngCb8xLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq2ngCb8xLo[/video]

It seems Fat Albert got turned into a Pokemon.
Ugh, thanks for reminding me. I thought I had excised that Primus-awful voice from my memories...so much for that. :banghead:

But yeah, that had to be one of the worst dubbed Pokemon voices I had ever heard. It didn't help that the ep sucked as well. >_<

Cress his voice is too deep for his age. He sounds like a British 30 year old man than a 15 year old. Prof. Sycamore's voice sounds a little bit too deep and he sounds proud all the time.

I saw episode 20, and Grant sounds like he has mucus in lungs.

Princess Allie made me want throw a rock at the TV, Serena sounds too old (she's supposed to be ten but at times she sounds like she's in her late teens), and Lord Shabanou (forgot the king's name in XY018) sounds just like Pop's from the Regular Show (the voice makes me go crazy).

Korrina's voice, that Amy Rose voice doesn't suit her.

Last edited:
Francis Kelly's Porter (NOT including Best Wishes Until We Meet Again!, he was actually good there.)
James Cathcart Carter's James (DP), Meowth (BW, XY), Professor Oak (all), AND Butch (DP)
Sarah Natochenny's Ash (All)
Bill Rogers's Brock (DP)
Lipica Shah's Officer Jenny
Erica Schroeder's Leavanny
Rory Max Kaplan's Cameron
Emily Williams's Zoey, Cassidy, AND Officer Jenny
Emily Bauer's Dawn (if she got rid of the rasp, she'd be fine.) and the kid from Top Down Training who said, "Hey, no-brains. Remember? *bad laugh*"
Eileen Stevens's Iris
Bella Hudson's Bianca
Sean Schemmel and Lisa Ortiz's every other character (ESPECIALLY the former's Chandelure).
Craig Blair's EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER!

Last edited:
Alyson Rosenfield as Bonnie
Cristina Vee as Anna from Mewtwo Prologue
Miriam Pultro as BW Mewtwo and Caitlin
Lipica Shah as Officer Jenny
Marc Thompson as DonGeorge
Michael Liscio Jr. as Halsey and Cadbury

Many pokemon have annoying voices, Looks like they put very little effort when they have to dub pokemon voices, unlike first seasons when many pokemon have robotic voices or with special effects (I love venonat's voice). Now for example, hear Krookodile's voice is a pain, sounds very forced... or Sandile's and Pignite's D: But some pokemon have cool voices, like Palpitoad or Lunatone ;D

Speaking about humans, Brock's voice was very... uncomfortable. But as I am used to the Latin American dub, almost any voice from USA dubbing seems weird to me XD

Back
Top Bottom