• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most cringe-inducing Pokémon moment?

Politoed666

#winning
Reaction score
Simple. Tell us your most cringe-inducing moment in the Pokémon video games! Side series are allowed too. So... what is it? Didja kill that shiny? Waste a Master Ball on a trio Poké? Or faint on B98F of Zero Isle South?

I've had a lot of them, mostly in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: EoT. One I'll mention right now is, in fact, fainting on B92F of Zero Isle South, the dungeon which is largely regarded as impossible to beat. Know how I got that far? Pass Scarf. Turns out it doesn't work on attacks that affect the whole room, though. And one doesn't gain EXP from enemies defeated with the Pass Scarf. So, by the time I was on B92F, I was a significantly lower level than the enemy Pokémon. And only a couple shots of Silver Wind killed me.

However, the main reason that's cringe-inducing is that I thought I could get out of the situation, so instead of using my Escape Orb to cut-and-run, saving my immense collection of rare items that I had gathered thus far in Z.I.S., I stayed and fought. And lost. And losing a nice bundle of money, Proteins, Zincs, Calciums, Ginsengs, Irons, Ribbons (of various types), Life Seeds, Joy Seeds, Sitrus Berries... all the sexy items, in the process. *cringes*

I have to agree me and my partner are both at Level 100 and we can't beat the Zero Isle dungeons

My moment didn't exaclty happen -in- the game... but 'twas definitely cringe-worthy. In Emerald, shortly after I finally made it to the top of Rayquaza's tower (I suck at using the Mach Bike) and caught Rayquaza, my brother came along and dumped a bucket of water on my GBA. Somehow, though, both the system and my save file survived!
Also, in FireRed there was this ONE time I had no Pokeballs with me except my Masterball and encountered a Shiny Oddish. I though about using the Masterball... but just let it go. Reluctantly.

I used my Blue file's Master Ball on a Ditto because I was so pissed at how hard it was to get one. I used my first Diamond file's one to get Dialga. >_> I didn't learn much, did I?

In the Battle Tower one time, all three of my Pokemon got Guillotined by a Crawdaunt holding a Quick Claw. How's that for a stroke of bad luck?

When I was chaining for Beldums a while back my chain broke, so I reset my DS. Just before the screen went white, I got to see what broke the chain: a shiny Vibrava. Then, the game reset. Yeah, I wanted to scream. :bawling:

In the Battle Tower one time, all three of my Pokemon got Guillotined by a Crawdaunt holding a Quick Claw. How's that for a stroke of bad luck?

That's not bad luck. The computer is for all intents and purposes, a cheating bastard. Especially in the battle tower.

Thats happened to me also , however the computer is sometimes extremely stupid , I beat palmer with a level 1 starly

I have to agree me and my partner are both at Level 100 and we can't beat the Zero Isle dungeons

Well. That's surprising! I can easily solo Zero Isle North with my Lv.100 Garchomp, and East and West aren't difficult either. South is the only one that gives me trouble... then again, I've played the game for X00 hours, so I'm pretty sick at it. :p

Thats happened to me also , however the computer is sometimes extremely stupid , I beat palmer with a level 1 starly

how the heck did you manage to do that?

One for me, in Sapphire, KOing Kyogre because I did not know you could catch it! I thought you had to beat it! Also I did not get the masterball in the cave before it was shut, so I did not have no masterball. And in this same game, it took me about 4 full hours of trying to get up to rayquaza becuase I stink at using the mach bike and when I did get there, I accidently saved the game after it KO'd itself after being confused. I reset my game there and then and started again.

how the heck did you manage to do that?

Bit of luck really , and observation
starly@focus sash
quick attack
endeavour
fly
growl

He lead with milotic and got my starly down to 1 hp immediately , I used endeavour. He switched dragonite into an endeavour , then he switched rypherior into another endeavour. 3 quick attacks later I had won XD

That's not bad luck. The computer is for all intents and purposes, a cheating bastard. Especially in the battle tower.

So damned true.

For me, it was teaming up with Cresselia in PMD2. I hate it anyway, plus its AI was...Really bad (it used an Ice attack on a Monferno when it had some neutral move >_>)

Also, anytime I've found a random Shiny when I didn't have any Pokéballs.

I got one for the old school cringe. I must've been in like 6th or 7th grade and used all my pokeballs trying to catch suicune in crystal. I finally had to give up and just let it faint after more than half an hour. This was before I understood the math and stuff and I cried and my dad took my game because it affected me too much, was such a sad day.

Bit of luck really , and observation
starly@focus sash
quick attack
endeavour
fly
growl

Oh, and different version of FEAR then xD. Nice, I should've used that in the BT. xD

Anyhow my cringe inducing moment was in the Emerald BT. I was on my last battle before Anabel, and was down to my Gardevoir, when my opponent sent out a Crawdraunt...it was a close match to, seeing as I taught my Gardevoir ThunderShock for just such an occasion. Of course I lost though. (Pretty stupid really...)

Using my Master Ball on Groudon in Ruby.
Why would that be cringe worthy? Because of Latios. Oh God, how I hunted him down just to see him break out of every Ball I threw at him. He could be asleep or paralyzed and down to one HP and still not stay in the freaking Ball! If it hadn't been for Prime sending me a Master Ball, I never would have caught him.

There was this really nasty round in the DP Battle Tower early last year. It was my 42nd battle, and my Heracross was against some Psychic type. I would've won, except the game chose THAT moment for Heracross's Megahorn to miss. Following that stumble, my team was obliterated. That really stung, since I know I could've won otherwise.

when i was trying to catch Mewtwo on leafgreen and it kept breaking out and then i caught it finnaly

Shiny Pidgey using Whirlwind in FireRed hands down wins out of my 'DEAR GOD, YOU SUCK' moments in Pokemon games. I've had a lot of humiliating moments in Pokemon (..like I got my ass handed to by a fucking non-BT INGAME trainer on Platinum yesterday) but that one? Definetly the worst.

I didn't play FireRed after that for like two weeks. Ever since then, I've always hated the Pidgey line. :|

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom