• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most embarrassing loss?

Oswin

Reaction score
Mine was today, lost to a Butterfree on WiFi, kept spamming Sleep Powder and Whirlwind.

I very nearly cried.

On Wifi, my entire team got decimated, while the opponent lost only two Pokémon. Not the highlight of my day.

On Random Matchup, against a Breloom. Spore, Sub-Seed and Focus Punch, holding a Toxic Orb. It must have had a speed boosting nature with a perfect speed IV and max speed EV, because it outspeed my Infernape and my Sand Rush Excadrill in a sandstorm :disgust:

It obliterated me 0 to 3, the Breloom Satan himself trains. I'll never, ever live that down :blush:

Last edited:
In game I'm pretty sure in both Diamond and Platinum I lost to one of, if not the last trainer on that long foggy route (Route 210 I believe). I don't know why I couldn't beat him either time.

Um, are you allowed to include in-game (as in, not on Wi-Fi/with friends right beside you) losses?

Because it was against Steven Stone, a long time ago- and let's just say, the match was like an insect with no capable means of flying going up against a rolled-up newspaper.

My most embarrassing lost was something that should have happened but I still bragged and bragged that it wouldn't happen. My friend's normally trained level 97 Mamoswine taking out my fully EV and IV trained Dragonite. The problem? Snow Warning brought up by his Abomasnow (who I instantly obliterated with a Fire Blast) and Mamoswine's Snow Cloak. If I could have managed to hit Mamoswine I probably would have taken him out in one shot, but no...

I still haven't lived that defeat down to this day, even though my friend has moved on from Pokemon. Every now and then he'll remind me of the day his strategy beat raw power.

It was against this Veteran in the Challenger's Cave. Guy has a Gyarados, Crobat, Excadrill, and some other 'Mons I can't remember. I don't even know how it happened, but I got my ass handed to me.
HARD.
I was completely stunned. I blame myself for reviving Golurk instead of Reshiram, but DAMN!

I'm a man, though, and I accepted it. Then I went back for Round 2.
Kicked. His. Ass.

It was against this Veteran in the Challenger's Cave. Guy has a Gyarados, Crobat, Excadrill, and some other 'Mons I can't remember. I don't even know how it happened, but I got my ass handed to me.
HARD.
I was completely stunned. I blame myself for reviving Golurk instead of Reshiram, but DAMN!

I'm a man, though, and I accepted it. Then I went back for Round 2.
Kicked. His. Ass.

i battled that guy today. my cloyster handed his ass to him on a silver platter.

my most embarrassing loss was to a person on wi-fi with lv. 30s and such.

I lost to a female Ace Trainer in Twist Mountain for absolutely no reason other than she caught me off-guard. It was the first time I had lost to anyone in White, and it was an NPC. :mad: Slaughtered her in the rematch, though.

I lost to a wild wynaut on route 2 yesterday. I just had my hatching-Volcarona and 5 eggs with me (testing the Masuda method at the moment) and the thing turned up. it used Destiny Bond on me while I failed to catch it in a fast ball. I then accidentally used Heatwave on it and boom... I blanked out. Embarrasing.

It wasn't a loss in battle, but I got poisoned by a Weedle and didn't have any antidotes. Faded out 20 steps away from a pokémon center.

But my most embarrassing loss, I don't know. I don't lose in-game to any trainers, not that I can remember anyways, but I did lose to Matron Hall Argenta. I had my Arcanine up for the silver trophy, and she had a Rhyperior. All I could do was to scratch it before it promptly executed me with Rock Wrecker. That was not only a loss, but it also showed gaping holes in my strategy (I was just going for the silver symbol, not really anything more). After switching to Zapdos and having tried and failed another time, the third time I got her pretty good.

Trying to catch a wild Sawk in one of my first run-throughs on Black. He took out almost my entire team before he would stay in the freaking ball. Talk about humiliating.

Then there was Elesa and Clay on Black. I'd never been so thoroughly decimated as I was when I faced those two. Both battles were at least 25 minutes long and followed by a lot of swearing. Elesa's Volt Switch killed almost everyone and Clay's Hone Claws trick ripped my Samurott, along with everyone else, to pieces. To this day, I still don't know how in the heck I got those two Badges. Sheesh, what an embarrassment.

Now the rematches on White.... those were so much fun. Golett FTW! :evil:

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom