• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most epic Pokemon battles in the anime

I'm forgetting several I'm sure, but here goes;

-Not to sound like a broken record but...omlette du fromage....Combusken vs. Absol in the Grand Festival. They got everything right here.

-Heracross vs. Scizor. Probably the best non-league trainer battle.

-Pikachu vs. Pryce's Piloswine was equal parts epic and obnoxious.

-Taillow vs. Pikachu. Best pokemon capture by far.

-Ash vs. Katie. Lots of strategy going on during this one. Highlights include Swellow owning 2 pokemon, Corphish under confusion and Grovyle taking on Walrein.

-Ash vs. Tucker. Cheers, Tamagawa.

-Monferno vs Croconaw, if only for that incredible finishing punch.

-Ash vs. Gary, but only for the part where Heracross fights Magmar. The rest of the battle is rather shitty imo.

1. charizard VS blaziken

not only was it really intense, but it marked the final battle of the loooong, very boring johto adventure. hoenn was coming, so it was pretty exciting.

2. bulbasaur VS cacturne

3. sceptile VS blaziken

Ill go by each character,since all of them had some pretty great battles.
-Ash: its the hardest but one of the best battles to this day was against Gary with Charizard facing Blastoise,aswell his match 6 on 6 vs Paul.Even though he lost that one,battle was pretty intense.
-Misty:her underwater confrontation vs Spencers daughter Molly was greatly done,with her Staryu showing some impressive moves battling Mantine.
-Brock:His contest battle with Marshtamp against May Eevee.
-May:Battle against Drew in BF Grand Festival,with Combusken and Squirtle vs Absol and Flygon.
-Dawn:Not so long ago finals with Mamoswine and Cyndaquil working as team against Ursulas Plusle and Minun,during Akatsuki contest.

Pikachu VS Dragonite. The best battle ever.

Yeah i know what you mean.Infact whole Ashs battle against Drake in OI,was one of best battles ever.After hard match it all came down to Dragonite vs Pikachu,with both pokemon pulling out last bits of energy,with outcome turning out in Ashs favor.

I don't remember; there are a lot;
-Ash and Paul's 6 vs. 6 battle
-Ash vs. Drake (Orange Islands)
-Ash vs. Harrison
-Ash vs. Morrison

I would stay with Sinnoh for now.
No one said so far but Gliscor vs Hippowdon was also nice. It followed game mechanics of Gliscor being so called a physical wall as it took a lot of physical hits and came back for more and in the end won the whole thing.
And Chimchar vs any Pokemon was epic specially Abmasnow.

Mine are:
- Ash VS Ritchie
- Ash VS Drake (OI)
- Ash VS Harrison
- Ash VS Morrison
- Ash VS May (end of Kanto BF)
- Ash VS Paul (6on6)

And now for the Contest Battles.

May vs. Drew in Kanto GF
Brock vs. May How did he lose points? He was perfect and suddenly his points were just a little more than May for no reason.

And the Best contest battle has to be Sceptile vs. Blaziken. May's reason for leaving was kind of stupid but the tie itself was perfect closure for her. It truly showed how far she had come since the begining.

I absolutly loved Ash's Frontier battles with Tucker and Spencer.

Tucker's battle seemed so actiony in a way, especially with the FireBlast/Water Pulse combo.

Spencer's was unique and exciting in a way. A battle throughout an island is just epic.

My other favorite is Dawn's second battle with Ursula. Her Minun and Plusle are amazing. It's attacks were so powerful, sparkly, and quick. Super Saiyan electric rats = WIN.

Another is Ash and Dawn's battle with Lyra and Khoury. I can't remeber much of it since I only saw the last 15 minutes of it but of what I saw was pure awesomeness.

Urara vs Hikari II. Everyone else has stated the reasons but here is one more.
firedup.png
Love it when characters get really into it.

Charizard vs Blaziken, anyone?

And really, any battle with Grovyle.

-Ash vs. Katie. Lots of strategy going on during this one. Highlights include Swellow owning 2 pokemon, Corphish under confusion and Grovyle taking on Walrein.

Confused god Heigani! XD
[cough]art request reminder[cough]

So, of the ones I don't think was mentioned: Coatoise vs. Registeel.

The battles where I've truly been on the edge of my seat due to the sheer intesity ~

Drew/May Kanto GF
Ash/Maylene Veilstone Gym
Ash/Paul Pokeringer

All of the May/ Drew battles.
Dawn's pachirisu Vs. Ursula's Gabite = EPIC.
Ash Vs. Drake (Organge Islands)
Ash's Charizard Vs. Tyson's Blaziken (Silver Conference)
Ash Vs. Gary (Silver Conference)

For me the first place is a tie between Ash VS Gary in the Johto League and Kanto GF's May VS Drew. Both got me on the edge of my seat.

Honorable mention goes to Charizard VS Blaziken.

From the coordinator battles it was May against Drew kanto GF.
And from Ash s battles against Juan!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom