• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most Evil Of The Main Series Teams?

Which Evil Team Is The Most Evil?

• Total voters

BlackButterfree

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer
Reaction score
Long time fans of the series know that there's been quite a few evil teams in the history of the franchise. These teams have done acts ranging from selling food made from Slowpoke Tails to trying to bomb a region and even trying to recreate the universe! But now it's time to go head to head and find out once and for all which main series team is the most evil.

250px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Team_Rocket_Grunt.png

200px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Team_Aqua_Grunts.png
200px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Team_Magma_Grunts.png

250px-Diamond_Pearl_Team_Galactic_Grunts.png

300px-Black_White_Team_Plasma_Grunts.png
200px-Black_2_White_2_Team_Plasma_Grunts.png

195px-XY_Team_Flare_Grunts.png

Last edited:
Re: Worst Of The Main Series Teams?

Whoops. Thought this was about what team was the worst concept. In which case I would say Team Rocket. The others more or less had good intentions, even where the leaders didn't. Team Rocket had no such "greater good" goal, which is why I'd peg them as morally the worst

(You should change the title to 'the most evil main series teams' because I thought this thread was for which one we thought were the suckiest)

I chose Team Rocket because there isn't any ideals to them except making money and they won't stop at anything to get that goal. The whole Slowpoke and Marowak incident is what, to me, makes them so evil as they harmed Pokemon for their own gain.

I'd put neo Team Plasma after Team Rocket just because they're Pokemon stealing jerks that just want world domination.

Last edited:

Yeah, the thread title is kind of confusing, when most people think worst, they think "which team was the most poorly designed", not "which team is the most evil". And I know that it's not talking about the former, but I have to say, Team Rocket is a god awful evil team by modern standards. They're an utter joke, they have no real goals aside from generic world domination plans and they never really do anything that makes them seem threatening compared to other evil teams. I mean over the years we've had evil teams expand the land/sea, create an entirely new universe, manipulate people into releasing all of their Pokemon to rule the world unopposed, freeze the entire world, kill off most of the world's population to prevent running out of resources, and taking over random areas for little to no reason. One of those things doesn't belong.

But the most evil evil team is definitely BW1 Team Plasma, mainly because Ghetsis himself is one hell of a manipulator.

Like everyone else, the thread title is a bit misleading. But that's water under the bridge.

I'm a bit stuck between Team Galactic and BW Team Plasma. Both of their team leaders were underhanded manipulators who had hidden motives as their main goal, even keeping the truth from their own forces, both invoked on almost godly Legendary Pokemon, and both were able to cause some serious harm. But, considering the fact that Team Plasma was only really interested in Unova, while Team Galactic wanted to recreate the whole universe, I'd have to go with Team Galactic. They were also the closest at achieving those goals, especially in Platinum. Plus they've killed Pokemon in the past (the roughneck in Lost Tower states it, although not outright), which mirrors the Marowak incident with Team Rocket. So, given the fact that Team Galactic caused the most harm, had the largest-scale plan, and came the closest to achieving it, I vote for them.

Like everyone else, the thread title is a bit misleading. But that's water under the bridge.
So, given the fact that Team Galactic caused the most harm, had the largest-scale plan, and came the closest to achieving it, I vote for them.

Edited it. :)

To be devil's advocate here, Team Flare is implied to have stolen tons of Pokémon for the sole reason of sacrificing them to the route 10 stones. They wanted to nuclear bomb the entire PokéWorld and Lysandre actually fired the weapon, even though it blasted itself. So Team Flare matches up with every criteria you set. Which makes sense because to me, those are the two deadliest teams.

I vote for Team Flare. Seeing as how Lysandre and Co. were after immortality and didn't care who died in the process of achieving those goals. They also were going to use pokemon as sacrifices, threatened the main character with death, and brainwashed an ex-homeless girl who wanted to pay for her new home into stealing more pokemon for research after Lysandre died(?).

Comparing all that to the Mafia/Yakuza, environmentally unfriendly geologists and oceanographers, a space cult, and PETA/animal wrongs extremists who's body counts were either unintentional/unforeseen or bluffed. You can't really get any more Nazi than Team Flare and still be child friendly.

Gonna go with the Poke mafia, Team Rocket. They didn't hide behind any kind of "goals", rather they just stole shit and drank children's tears.

Team Plasma IMO is the most successful of the bunch. They got their legends and executed their plans handily before being foiled by the MC. And tbh Lawful Evil (a team attacking you with morals, in this case compelling you to release your pokemon) gets points from me.

Team Galactic and Team Flare by far are the most evil. They both planned to eliminate either every single living being minus Cyrus, or every single living being minus Team Flare, respectively. Doesn't get much more evil than that. Hell, Team Flare even told everyone via broadcast that they were about to kill everyone.

DENNIS- Er, I mean, Ghetsis' Team Plasma. I get Team Flare wanted to kill everyone along with Galactic, but I think it much more cruel to harass a god, use him to freeze over a whole freaking country, which would've resulted in an agonizing death for all the inhabitants anyway, at least those who couldn't afford to leave the region. Also, he tried to kill the protagonist (Yes, I GET that he said freeze, but hypothermia exists)

I vote for Team Flare. Seeing as how Lysandre and Co. were after immortality and didn't care who died in the process of achieving those goals. They also were going to use pokemon as sacrifices, threatened the main character with death, and brainwashed an ex-homeless girl who wanted to pay for her new home into stealing more pokemon for research after Lysandre died(?).

Comparing all that to the Mafia/Yakuza, environmentally unfriendly geologists and oceanographers, a space cult, and PETA/animal wrongs extremists who's body counts were either unintentional/unforeseen or bluffed. You can't really get any more Nazi than Team Flare and still be child friendly.

They weren't after immortality, they just wanted to kill everyone else. And depending on the version, Lysandre threatened you (along with Serena and Shauna) with immortality (X)/death (Y). And Xerosic was working independently when the whole Emma situation happened. That's why Malva, who was still loyal to Flare, helped Looker take him down. And yeah, Lysandre's implied to have been buried alive, but he easily could've escaped.

I'd say Team Rocket. They're the chaotic villains; villains who don't live with a certain principle. Their only motivation is money and power. Plus they have killed and mutilated Pokemons.

Lysandre threatens you death? I had X aha.

I would say Galatic, dem terrorists.

Ghetsis makes Team Plasma look absolutely insane. The guy is so evil, sick, twisted, and irredeemable he makes me cringe.

Yeah, I am basing it on the leader because as far as I'm concerned, all the teams feel like rehashes of each other with the typical world domination goal with the exception of one. If I am going strictly by a team's goals, then Team Flare. They wanted to clean the world by committing mass murder. The thing is, Lysandre seemed too much of a sympathetic character for me to believe he is truely evil. His goals were twisted, yes, but at least he had somewhat of a "noble" excuse for his goal, unlike Ghetsis who was just evil to the core.

Yeah, all other teams (I believe) are at least doing their evil deeds for some sort of "greater good". Team Rocket are classic baddies who don't have to justify their evil ways. Going with Rocket on this one.

Team Galactic/Team Flare seeing as they both wanted to kill everyone in the world just to make it how they wanted it. I'd probably say Cyrus is move evil than Lysandre since Lysandre at least felt a bit bad about having to kill all the innocent Pokemon, iirc. Cyrus didn't give a damn and wanted to make his new emotionless universe at the expense of anyone and everyone.

Hm. Team Rocket had no greater goal, but I see them more as petty losers, as far as the games go. Both the manga and anime like to make them appear far more twisted and sinister, usually involved directly with Mewtwo, but neither of those sources really count here. As for the rest of the teams, I see a recurring theme here; many people seem to gauge a team's evilness off each boss. I guess I'll look at that too, but the nature of the organization as a whole should also be considered... as far as evil bosses go, Ghetsis is probably the worst. Yes, Cyrus was a nihilistic creep who wanted to destroy all of existence, but he wanted (at first, at least) to end the universe to wipe out all conflict. Ghetsis had no higher goal than to rule Unova, and he used deception and manipulation to achieve his goals, and when that didn't work, he'd reveal his unstable side and degrade to outright murder. As far as the grunts go, Team Rocket and BW2 Team Plasma are about the same. They both acutely aware of their crimes but show little to no remorse about it. Most of the other teams either are clueless (Galactic) or swept up in "make the world a better place" hype (Magma, Aqua, Plasma, Flare).

So... I'd say the BW2 Plasma. Similar goals as Team Rocket, just as aware of their crimes, and on top of that, run by a crazed sociopath who's mad for revenge.

Well to me the most evil organisation is Team Rocket since they are poachers and are a generic crime syndicate while the other groups leaders are more evil than Giovanni the members of the other Teams think that their bosses are right and the means justifies the end.
While Team Galactic's Cyrus wanted to create a new universe and destroy the Pokémon world, his plan never came to fruition just like Team Aqua/Magma who their rivalling goals was to flood the world (Team Aqua) and make new continents which would kill sea Pokémon (Team Magma) and Team Plasma wanted to free all the Pokémon in the world (or in Unova) but Ghetsis wanted to conquer the world when the people gave all their Pokémon and the latest villains Team Flare
Wanted to use an ancient weapon to destroy the world
so yeah they all had different plans but they obviously did not succeed so yeah Team Rocket is to me the most evil villainous team in the franchise at this point still even if they where never a threat to the world.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom