• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most Frustrating Loss

the most anoying thing was when i got a critical hit on my Sigilyph when I was battling marshal(e4), it ko'd my Sigilyph in two goes even after i maxed his defenses.
the rest of my team couldn't really do shit to fighting type pokés.

I grew to hate Emolga with a burning passion. My first real run-in with them was at Elesa's gym where their combination of Volt Switch and Aerial Ace was pretty much the perfect counter to my entire team at the time.

And the ones used by other trainers aren't any better. Possibly even more annoying. Double Team and Acrobatics in the hands of an AI trainer are the perfect tools for really getting on my goat.

I still don't really have anything for dealing with them quickly and effectively. My rock attacks generally come from a fighting type and I simply have no Ice attacks in my arsenal.

The first time I battled Ghetsis, his Hydreigon OWNED my entire team. It was so fast! It took me 4 tries to finally beat it, hours of training, my Panpour connected with a Blizzard finally, and my Excadrill was able to finish it off.

Fuck you, Beartic. Fuck you and your freezehax. Bastard froze my Metagross on the switch-in at the Battle Subway...it fell, and my last Pokémon (Garchomp) wouldn't have stood a chance...

Watchog is specifically designed to ANNOY PEOPLE TO NO END! Seriously? Hypnosis + Confuse Ray + Super Fang? UGH! It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen!!

*walks into 7th battle in the second streak of the Super Single Train*

*opponent has a Haxorus, Metagross, and Volcarona*

"Volcarona used Quiver Dance!"

"FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--"

There are a number of things. I haven't really had a loss in this game, save from the E4 due to me not using potions and having to keep going to the next one with a few almost dead pokes. (I don't consider that a loss, just a delay) This game hit me hard for other reasons. I am the sort who tries to go through the entire game without using potions. I relished seeing a healer in my path a lot here, and many times, they saved my life. Then, they finally threw me a curve I was not expecting. Opelucid Gym. Go past the point of no return and you must either win against all the gym trainers or die. Needless to say, I was stuck in the middle of the gym and down to like 2 pokemon. They broke me. I admitted defeat and used whatever healing items I had on me. It was enough to revive my entire team and beat the rest of the trainers. Shauntal of the E4 was truly the low point for me, though, as even though I somehow I won against her with only one poke left that was almost dead. That was just a really disgusting display from me. I have never fought so badly in my life. And she was the E4 I chose first. Some level grinding and I was able to get past her without my pokes dying a lot. (that and a cunning plan that would save key pokes for later) Then there was the utter horror upon realizing what the post game is. I was fighting for my life constantly, and ended up having to use revives and potions AGAIN.

In short, this game made me realize the folly of my methods. I am not that hardcore, nor will I ever be. I will still do what I can to win without potions, but if I need them, then now I will use them.

I'd have to say my most frustrating loss was in the Battle Subway. I was on the 20th battle on the Single Line. Now, I have beaten the Subway Boss before, but I use the Battle Subway to get BP, items, and some practice for outside battles. However, this was probably my most devastating loss. Again, it was the 20th battle on the Single Line. I was up against a female clerk. My three Pokemon I had chosen were Emboar, Excadrill, and Mienshao. Her first Pokemon was, to my ultimate horror, a Sigilyph. I sent out Emboar first. Now, my Emboar is pretty fast, so I was hoping I could launch a Rock Slide before she got the chance (as he has been able to outrun past Sigilyphs). However, she struck first. She used Air Slash... bye-bye Emboar. A OHKO. So I switched to Excadrill, hoping I could use his Steel-type to at least buy me some time as well as damage her. She struck first again, this time with Ice Beam. It landed a Critical Hit. Needless to say, bye-bye Excadrill. And he was my fastest! That left me with Mienshao. I sent him out, hoping he could bring me a comeback. No dice. One Air Slash and he was toast. I didn't get a move in edge wise! That was my most frustrating (and probably most humiliating) loss ever.

I still use the Battle Subway, but I can never get past the final few Trainers nowadays. They are insanely tough, much to my frustration. So the most I get nowadays on the Battle Subway is 6 BPs, since I cannot get past the final seven. Since that loss, I now throughly hate Sigilyphs, and freeze in fear when one is sent out on the Battle Subway.

I was battling Cheren on Victory road, and the first pokemon in my party was a psychic type, he sends out leperdasu. So naturally, I try to switch out. The pokemon that I do send out ends up getting a critical hit, and faints. I just send out Reshiram to try to finish it off, and it does. But then he sends out Haxorus who decimates him with outrage. Haxorus then wipes out all of team, either by critical hits or just because my pokemon have bad defense.

Elesa and her volt-switching team. I got so mad after losing to her that I went and caught a Sandile - and I wasn't even planning to use a Ground-type in my team ;_;

Blue in the original Pokémon Stadium. As if beating the rest of the Elite Four with Rental Pokémon wasn't hard already.

Well, every time when a freaking Zubat kills my last Pokemon on the team and I have to go back to the square one i.e Pokemon center and start from the scratch of the cave -__-

I just HATE that moment...

Red in PWT. Scarf Blastoise Water Spout. Swept a Terrakion-based team 4-0.

Elesa's Emolga and Lenora's Watchog. Both battles were annoying as hell; I seriously almost threw my DS at the wall after a billion times of losing.

When I first played BW, my team was Oshawott, Sandile, and Swadloon. It took me ages to beat Elesa's Emolga.

N's Zekrom was a challenge for me also.

How come I didn't have any problem with either of Elesa's Emolga? I just killed each of them in one shot :|

Nimbasa City. In White, it was the battle with N, and in Black2, it was with Elesa.

Drayden in PWT. Final opponent in triple battle. I had him down to his last three... and they all used Outrage. Commence wipe.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom