• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most hideous Pokemon?

I think not reading the previous pages is the best for me. I don't want to lose my shit seeing someone mention Delphox in this thread (someone likely did it already).

So, to further elaborate on my original post in this thread, I went to this page to refresh my memory a bit. Some awful-looking Pokémon below:

020MS.png
- Just no. I will never forget the day Ash traded his Butterfree for this crap.

074MS.png
- Sure, none of its evolutions look that good, but none of them are hideous like Geodude.

127MS.png
- I am Katsaridaphobic. And Pinsir looks like a demonic mutated version of a cockroach, specially in its Mega Evolved form. Why

271MS.png
- Eww. :c

279MS.png
- What have you done to cute Wingull, Game Freak? Why?

289MS.png
- Why

413MS.png
- I still don't understand Wormadam's design. Is that thing in the middle a nose? Why does it have a nose?

446MS.png
- Snorlax deserved something far better than this

538MS.png
- Why²

664MS.png
- Its tooth pisses me off

667MS.png
- Is it a lion? Is it a monkey? No, it is a Litleo!

676MS.png
- Extremely bland design

702MS.png
- It looks like a chibi derp version of Raichu. Also, the damn tooth again.

That is about it. There are a lot of designs I don't care about (like, 90% of them), but overall I think Game Freak did a great job designing the Pokémon.

By the way, I don't think mentioning Pokémon like Gardobor or Muk is fair. They are obviously supposed to look unpleasing. Yet, Garbodor looks... kind of cute, in a way.

Furfrou is meant to look bland - they want you to take it to get one of those fancy trims.
And it still looks bland after you take it to get one of those fancy trims.

Mewtwo is awesome :) Also most of the mega evos look incredibly forced and weird. Blue Charizard?!

Mewtwo is awesome :) Also most of the mega evos look incredibly forced and weird. Blue Charizard?!

Black with blue flames actually.

For the OPs question, I have a few:

*Paras: I am scared of insects so I hate this thing.

*Braixen: Looks too girly, too snobby and too awful. Number one hideous pokemon ever.

*Skrelp: This thing is just awful.

*Garbodor: It looks like a trash pile. Seriously?

Garbodor is hideous, but really it's supposed to be.

Porygon-Z is gross.

Carbink doesn't sit right with me at all.

Barbaracle. It's wearing a tank top and underwear made out of rock, and it's got a hand for a head.

Agree with many in the posts before me, and some (such as Aromatisee, Slurpuff, & Diggersby) I hated at first but learned to like them now.

The first one that come to mind:
Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken - fighting fire chickens - since the first time I saw them I hated their design, just too extremely hideous in my views (trying not to insult their fans), and even today I still can't like them.

others:

Unown - 20-something different based on letters but for me none of them look good.

Lickilicky - overweight Lickitung, j

most of the "Baby Pokemon" - design wise don't like them, it seems strange to me 'babies' should be cute and playful no fighting.

Durant - mainly since I hate ants

there are more, there would be too many list
(just to mention a few more who's design I find hideous: Tangrowth, Klefki, Piplup, Probopass, Nosepass, Pikachu, Vullaby, Klinklang, Gulpin, Combee, Spoink)

Mega Heracross is just... I could paint quite the colorful picture with the words I have to describe it, but it wouldn't go well, so I'll just say this: The vile creature should go DIE somewhere far away from me.

Prinplup: This thing has always been hideous to me for some reason, even though I love how Empoleons design
Barbaracle and its pre evolution: The worst Pokemon in gen 6 in my opinion, their design is just so hideous and makes no sense

Prinplup: This thing has always been hideous to me for some reason, even though I love how Empoleons design
Yeah, Prinplup always looked a little off to me. I don't hate it but I don't like it. It's just too awkward to my eyes.
Barbaracle and its pre evolution: The worst Pokemon in gen 6 in my opinion, their design is just so hideous and makes no sense
Yes, those two are ugly, hideous even. But they are so blasted ugly that I find them adorable. I find them cuter than the "forced cute" Pokemon that are out there: Dedenne, Pikachu, Pachirisu, etc. Yes, Barbaracle is a hideous little thing but that hideousness whips straight into "D'aaw, you're so cute" for me. The weirder it is, the more I like it.

Well the most hideous Pokémon I can think of is Jynx, it looks too human and is a thing that you would see in nightmares.

You horrid meanies! Picking on babies is not cool! *hugs crying baby Pokémon*

I am blind, so I can't judge on what is ugly or not, but I will say this. The franchise is literally called Pocket Monsters. Aren't monsters supposed to look weird/unnatural/dare I say it, hideous?

Hmmmmmmm. 'Hideous'. Hideous is "Frightful; shocking; extremely ugly" (Wiktionary). So, Pokémon I find disturbing (Mr. Mime, Machamp) aren't hideous...

My prized shiny Haearn will probably sob upon this, but Probopass is not all that pretty. I do love mine to death, though. She's a dear.

Rampardos ain't no prize, either.

Probopas, definitely. What in Baator is going on with that moustache? Seriously, it serves no function.

Lickilicky

Ugh. It looks like the artist slopped some pink paint around and called it a pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom