• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most irritating parts of the game

@paleogamer11 Breeders in earlier games are also known for having a full team of Pokémon. However, their Pokémon typically were lower-leveled compared to the other trainers on the routes or baby Pokémon.

@paleogamer11 If the game allowed for rematches, it would also allow the Pokémon Breeder's teams to become decently powerful, albeit still weak compared to your team by that point.

@paleogamer11 If the game allowed for rematches, it would also allow the Pokémon Breeder's teams to become decently powerful, albeit still weak compared to your team by that point.
That and your other post make sense. Looking at it, I honestly feel like NPC trainers primarily wielding more than two Pokémon would make much more sense given everything that has been discussed. I never thought of that as a problem, but it honestly can definitely take the fun away from the aspect of battling while in the main story.

I'm curious what people dislike.

I really don't like the pre-gym "trials". I'm playing Indigo Disc rn and I made it up to the fire elite four person, Crispin, and I was super ready to fight him until I learned that I have to first cook the 'hottest' sandwich. These challenges are a chore sometimes and I just want to get them over with, and I miss when all you had to do was beat gym trainers. >.>

Edit: I kinda like Lacey's challenge. It's adorable... so I take that back?

Last edited:
My biggest complaint is the lack of a fun post game; there isn’t much to do after doing the basic job of completing the Pokédex. Sure there are the Tera Raid events but that gets old and repetitive very fast. Battle Facilities such as the Battle Tower keeps me occupied for a while since there’s just enough challenge of building a more competitive team, having to win consistently and yet, is not as stressful and frustrating as playing online. Thankfully though, the DLC added some more post game content with various activities to do with the League Club. Still, I miss Battle Facilities, especially now since building teams is easier than in, say Gen 5.

My biggest complaint is the lack of a fun post game; there isn’t much to do after doing the basic job of completing the Pokédex. Sure there are the Tera Raid events but that gets old and repetitive very fast. Battle Facilities such as the Battle Tower keeps me occupied for a while since there’s just enough challenge of building a more competitive team, having to win consistently and yet, is not as stressful and frustrating as playing online. Thankfully though, the DLC added some more post game content with various activities to do with the League Club. Still, I miss Battle Facilities, especially now since building teams is easier than in, say Gen 5.
I agree with this so much! Like I really don't get why they won't include battle facilities, and playing online raids with randoms is nowhere near enough bc of how difficult it is to even join them.

It seems like all we're left with are exclusive raid events and super pricey DLC content. x_x

I'm not really a fan of battle facilities, but I do find the lack of one in SV rather odd. I get not having a whole Frontier, but not even a basic Battle Tower-like facility for the people who enjoy those kinds of battles?

I dislike having to constantly play the game of "Is That a Shiny or Is It Just the Lighting?" whenever I'm exploring.

I really don't like how Raids work in this game. The real-time gimmick just doesn't work if it results in lag, constantly being forced to sit back and wait for the menu to load, and bugs. It's a hectic contrast to how Max Raid Battles worked: where instead of a time-limit it was just a 10-turn limit, and the timing of moves is as consistent as regular battles. The only thing I prefer from Tera Raid Battles meanwhile is the battle music and the lack of a catch rate.

• No post game battle facility.
  • The graphics look worse than Sword and Shield, which is an older game.
  • A lot of character designs feel off, the most affected by this are the trainer NPC’s. Usually they are very memorable, but they all look like they came out of a mobile game.
  • The different areas outside the cities are incredibly generic & unmemorable.
  • A lot of the pokemon designs are plain ugly.
  • Why can’t I rematch the elite four?
  • It’s an open world game, but you can’t enter most buildings, odd.
  • The Tera hats are stupid looking.
  • Crafting pokemon attacks.
  • Team Star is incredibly disappointing in all respects. The leader doesn’t inspire leadership to me, the plot is dumb and they aren’t real antagonists since the player pretty much invades their space and that’s the only reason they attack you.
  • The lore regarding Area Zero and Terapagos feels incomplete.
  • The clothing choices are awful.

Tera raid battle search REALLLLLLLY needs to refresh faster, and having to wait like 40 seconds to reconnect makes it super difficult to join public online raids. If Nintendo can improve those things I would spend a lot more time raiding because I really wanna show off my Terapogos lol

I disliked the fact that there are no on-screen indicators/waypoints that point out where you need to go next for objectives like in Legends: Arceus. In my opinion, if you are going to make a massive open world map, there really should be a way to mark where you need to go so you don't get lost.

I disliked the fact that there are no on-screen indicators/waypoints that point out where you need to go next for objectives like in Legends: Arceus. In my opinion, if you are going to make a massive open world map, there really should be a way to mark where you need to go so you don't get lost.
All the Gym leader/titan/etc locations are marked on the map, though? At least until you beat them. And you can set something as a destination so the minimap will guide you to it.

That said, it is frustrating that there's no marking system for the map like there was in PLA. I've had a lot of occasions where I find something cool and I'm like "I can't explore this right now, but I wanna come back to this" but if I try setting it as a destination it'll just immediately say "you arrived at your destination!" and get rid of the destination marker.

All the Gym leader/titan/etc locations are marked on the map, though? At least until you beat them. And you can set something as a destination so the minimap will guide you to it.

That said, it is frustrating that there's no marking system for the map like there was in PLA. I've had a lot of occasions where I find something cool and I'm like "I can't explore this right now, but I wanna come back to this" but if I try setting it as a destination it'll just immediately say "you arrived at your destination!" and get rid of the destination marker.
I mean like an on-screen indicator like in Legends Arceus. I am aware that they are marked on the map, I just want something to follow on the screen (again, like Legends Arceus). I also want to be able to set my own waypoints and be able to easily navigate to that spot without having to constantly open my map.

Another thing I remebered; the fact that when you fully zoom out the map all of the tera dens, mass outbreak and fast travel icons are removed.
You know, the things you are looking at the map for?

No post game, visual bugs and looking worse than older games, alot of Pokemon designs are ugly, and most of the map is completely empty.
Technically there is post-game content in the base game, though it is definitely not everyone’s cup of tea/isn’t enough, so I understand your claim.
Edit: I’m probably just not a big hater on most things, but I don’t think there are too many ugly Pokémon designs. In fact, I probably one of the few people I know who is happy about Scovillain’s design, even if it kind of looks incomplete (though not all fully-evolved Pokémon these days need to look complex).

Back
Top Bottom