• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most Messed up Shiny Sprite.

TheCableGuy

Reaction score
So, I was looking at the Shiny Sprites of various Pokemon and I got to thinking... Some Sprites are just so....."Wrong."

I mean, Roserade for example, actually becomes dull and Colorless as a Shiny.

Dragonite's pre-evolutions are Bright pink but becomes Green with Pink wings..? I mean, what's up with that?

And then there are some Pokemon who's Sprites are almost no different between them and their Shiny Sprites,
with only a infinitesimal change in their hues.

I just think, the powers-that-be could of tried a little harder on these.

Xatu, Kadabra, Garchomp, Dewgong, Blissey, and Hippowdon look nearly the same shiny and normal.

Dragonite and Krookodile's shiny sprites are quite bad.

Dragonite's pre-evolutions are Bright pink but becomes Green with Pink wings..? I mean, what's up with that?
I think they were referencing Puff the Magic Dragon with that. Not entirely sure...

I hate Sawsbuck's shiny sprite. I accidentally released a shiny Deerling when breeding, belatedly realizing my mistake. Why make a shiny nearly identical to the normal kind? Especially on a 'Mon that is not (imo) as great as it should be.

Finneon and Lumineon. They're almost khaki colored which is kinda dull. Then there's Bidoof, that's maybe a shade or two lighter than its normal color. Yeah, not worth the trouble with those guys.

Heracross' shiny form is pretty bad, that bright fuchsia is simply hideous.

Weavile's is also terrible, the combination of pale pink skin and yellow feathers makes it look like a plucked chicken.

Last edited:
*Shiver* I agree with the Emboar complaint. Actually, I'd usually like blue fire Pokemon, but I thought that the orange hues were slightly nauseating in comparison to the rest of the sprite.

That would be Krokorok's shiny sprite.
Spr_5b_552_s.png

Any shinies that vary slightly from the original tend to irk me. Simisear is one I know as a fact, but I'm sure there's a list.

Also Krookodile because of the lack of glasses and the fact that it makes the eyes look like tiny dots.

Miltank is another one. Pale, blueish/white makes her Look sick and pallid.

I agree with the Sandile family (especially Krokorok) and Garchomp. I also want to add half of the yellow shinies that they're so fond of. It doesn't look good on most Pokemon and it's way overused.

I saw someone complaining about Dragonite. I kind of disagree with that. I think the dark green is a very cool "dragony" color and makes him look a little less goofy (although I do love Dragonite, goofy or not.)

I dislike shinies in general, cause they often have such unnatural and sick colors that destroys everything that has to do with color theory. Normal colored Pokemon have colors that goes well together and actually look natural.

One thing is that they often slap on a shiny Pokemon is a green color, and imo most of the time it looks horrendous because it's often a shade of olive or lime green that makes no sense at all. Sometimes they even combine a shade of green with a shade of pink, and that's a big OH GOD NO to me (Chansey somes to mind).

Some examples: Onix, Hitmonlee, Nidoqueen, Zubat line, Poliwrath, Doduo line, Grimer line, Tangela line, Tauros, Dragonite, Mamoswine, URSARING. Kabuto line, Spearow line...

Other shinies that are simply bad: Giratina, Black Kyurem (seriously, why?), Arceus, Stoutland, Zoroark, DRUDDIGON, Terrakion, Reshiram, Scrafty, Krokorok/Krookodile.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom