• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Most nostalgic moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edbro55555

The gym guide is who I strive to be in life.
Reaction score
I am a huge nostalgia junky, so I am wondering, what are your most nostalgic moments video game or otherwise?

Man, for me, I don’t think anything beats the beginning of Super Mario 64. The letter inviting Mario the castle, the promise of cake, the signature “Princess Toadstool — ‘Peach’”, and then Mario running around outside, with only the sounds of birds and the grass under his feet. The sound effects of Mario’s feet, the birds, his exclamations as he jumps, the sound of him shimmying up a tree, the splash as he jumps in the water, the water whooshing as he swims, and the music inside the castle, it all has a permanent place in my head.

Man, for me, I don’t think anything beats the beginning of Super Mario 64. The letter inviting Mario the castle, the promise of cake, the signature “Princess Toadstool — ‘Peach’”, and then Mario running around outside, with only the sounds of birds and the grass under his feet. The sound effects of Mario’s feet, the birds, his exclamations as he jumps, the sound of him shimmying up a tree, the splash as he jumps in the water, the water whooshing as he swims, and the music inside the castle, it all has a permanent place in my head.
Oh man that's a good one. I was greeted by Mario standing in that field in front of the castle every day when I got home from school in elementary school. The music from the Bowser levels is ingrained in my head

I played Super Mario Sunshine recently, and it did remind me of a much simpler, happier time. My older brother and sister used to play it often. The sound of Ricco Harbor springs to mind.

Incidentally, for the first time I got all the Shine Sprites, and I must say that, after all these years, the secret ending was disappointing. "Have a relaxing vacation"? That's what I get for all the aggravation? >:U

I played Super Mario Sunshine recently, and it did remind me of a much simpler, happier time. My older brother and sister used to play it often. The sound of Ricco Harbor springs to mind.

Incidentally, for the first time I got all the Shine Sprites, and I must say that, after all these years, the secret ending was disappointing. "Have a relaxing vacation"? That's what I get for all the aggravation? >:U
Haha. That's still my favorite Mario game of all time. I had similar feelings replaying Luigis Mansion not long ago

Haha. That's still my favorite Mario game of all time. I had similar feelings replaying Luigis Mansion not long ago

LOL, I remember trying to play Luigi's Mansion when I was a kid. Shadow on the wall scared the crap out of me and made me put it down.

Tried playing it when I was older, like seventeen. Still scared the crap out of me. Put it down for good. XD

LOL, I remember trying to play Luigi's Mansion when I was a kid. Shadow on the wall scared the crap out of me and made me put it down.

Tried playing it when I was older, like seventeen. Still scared the crap out of me. Put it down for good. XD
Haha, that's great. It can be surprisingly spooky for a kids game. I loved the atmosphere of it. If you ever get the chance you should give it another try!

The songs "Open Your Heart" and especially "Live and Learn" from Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 respectively make me very nostalgic. That scene that plays when you first turn on SA2:B showing all the hero and dark side characters as well takes me back to elementary school when that game was mindblowing to me. Still love it.

Nearly any song from Paper Mario makes me nostalgic, but the regular battle theme and that song from the ending (I think it's called Mario and Peach's Theme?) really get me. The ending song in particular I embarrassingly cried to when listening to it once since it made me a bit sad remembering the old days and all the memories of that time when Paper Mario came out.

For non-video game stuff, the "Off to See the World" song from that one Alvin and the Chipmunks movie where they travel around the world (the Chipettes were there, there were diamonds in the dolls they were dropping off; that movie) gives me that happy/sad kind of nostalgia that I mentioned above. Other songs from stuff like the Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers theme (that is still one of the absolute best cartoon theme songs, in my opinion).

Oddly, the first Gundam SEED opening also has a heavy nostalgia factor for me, even though I first watched it within the last ten years. I guess just because it's my favorite anime still, I dunno.

Most nostalgic moment is definitely any time Dearly Beloved starts playing. Its is a wonderful piece of music and I played A LOT of Kingdom Hearts back in the day. So its just always stuck with me and still brings about the same emotions I got when I first played the game.

Another one that Ill go ahead and say is tied with Dearly Beloved for nostalgia is Ending Theme from Final Fantasy X. Its another one of those beautiful pieces that still make me tear up.

A nostalgia moment that always gets me excited would be picking my starter in a new Pokemon game.

Outside of video games I get hit with the nostalgia train anytime I see anything Totoro.

The songs "Open Your Heart" and especially "Live and Learn" from Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 respectively make me very nostalgic. That scene that plays when you first turn on SA2:B showing all the hero and dark side characters as well takes me back to elementary school when that game was mindblowing to me. Still love it.

Nearly any song from Paper Mario makes me nostalgic, but the regular battle theme and that song from the ending (I think it's called Mario and Peach's Theme?) really get me. The ending song in particular I embarrassingly cried to when listening to it once since it made me a bit sad remembering the old days and all the memories of that time when Paper Mario came out.

For non-video game stuff, the "Off to See the World" song from that one Alvin and the Chipmunks movie where they travel around the world (the Chipettes were there, there were diamonds in the dolls they were dropping off; that movie) gives me that happy/sad kind of nostalgia that I mentioned above. Other songs from stuff like the Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers theme (that is still one of the absolute best cartoon theme songs, in my opinion).

Oddly, the first Gundam SEED opening also has a heavy nostalgia factor for me, even though I first watched it within the last ten years. I guess just because it's my favorite anime still, I dunno.
i
I can agree with all of those outside of gundam. Very cool series. I never got into gundum much but I know a lot if my friends did back in the day. I will have to check it out soon. I know a lot of my friends got into it along with romance of the three kingdoms which I love.

The first Zoo Tycoon game is arguably the one PC game that I still own that is extremely nostalgic to me. Although now I prefer the second game, particularly with mods, the first game holds a very special place in my heart.

I still get a kick out of hearing guests scream after I delete a section of fence from an animal exhibit.

The first Zoo Tycoon game is arguably the one PC game that I still own that is extremely nostalgic to me. Although now I prefer the second game, particularly with mods, the first game holds a very special place in my heart.

I still get a kick out of hearing guests scream after I delete a section of fence from an animal exhibit.
That was always fun! Build a nice zoo, inevitably get bored, let the ostriches and lions run wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom