• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most Popular Grass Starter

What is your favorite grass starter?

• Total voters
Usually with polls like these I only choose one Pokemon, so I just went with my favorite starter, Grass type, and Grass type starter...
PCP254.png

I've quite the fan of dinosaurs, theropods especially, and Sceptile is just that.

Last edited:
I'm not really a fan of most Grass-starters so options are narrow.

Venusaur, Sceptile, Serperior and Rillaboom are cool. The rest just exist.

Guess my favorite would be Rillaboom.

Tough call. Grass Starters usually appeal to me quite a lot, and I'm a very big fan of the Bulbasaur, Turtwig, and Chespin lines in their entirety.

I think Torterra ekes it out... just barely. I think it's interesting to see such a tough, rugged design on a type that is frequently coded as representing calm and peaceful personalities (which I still manage to see in Torterra), and its design also calls to mind the myths of the world turtle which makes me think about how ancient people would have thought about it. Also, I am often quite fond of asymmetrical designs. Mechanically, Grass/Ground is a cool (and still unique!) type combination that gives Torterra some neat STAB combinations. All in all, I feel like Torterra just has a really unique and memorable look, and is pretty fun to use in-game.

Here’s a random poll of the most popular starter Grass types. Pick your favorite.
Little fun fact: In Japanese, Decidueye’s name is Junaiper, which I think sounds way cooler.

Another reason I like Torterra, is it's just got a really cool name! But I actually didn't know that about Decidueye - and I agree, the Japanese name seems way more clever (although I think it would be tricky to make it work in English, so I understand why they went for something else).

only voted for the Snivy evolutions, as its still the only one I really do love, Servine is my second favorite grass type Pokemon (no surprie, Leafeon is first)

really love it's design, and in the anime made me laugh
loved Snivy in the anme
loving snakes, Serperior my favorite

I do like Chespin and Rowlet evolutions, didn't vote for them
all other grass types look so ugly to me, don't like them

I voted for Venusaur, Torterra and Serperior since they're my most popular ones and to show some love to them.
As for the favourite: Venusaur.

Bulbasaur and the following evolutions are simple, easily likable, and on the front of our website! I thought Chikorita was a bit annoying, weird in design, but the evolved forms are a lot nicer. The Treecko line seems to be quite popular, and I will admit that Sceptile is quite cool looking. I don't really care for Turtwig that much, and the evolutions are somewhat basic as well. Snivy is a personal favorite, even though I don't know very much about it, evolutions following it are also quite nice. Chespin is unique, but its evolutions are strange. The overall concept for Rowlet and the rest of its evolutionary stages are simple but very well thought out, another likable group for me. Grookey isn't at all a favorite, it's quite odd looking and so are the following evolutions.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom