• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DISCUSSION: Most Popular Region to Set a Fic

Which region do you like to see fics set in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@DigitalGen6

You're welcome to spread the word about the poll!

@Greninjaman

I don't think size is really the issue--in terms of land mass and area, you have a point, but in terms of locations to see, there's plenty of possibilities--especially if you expand Alola by including more of real Hawaii.

@DigitalGen6

You're welcome to spread the word about the poll!

@Greninjaman

I don't think size is really the issue--in terms of land mass and area, you have a point, but in terms of locations to see, there's plenty of possibilities--especially if you expand Alola by including more of real Hawaii.
What other islands are there in Hawaii?

Well…
Probably because shipping. I voted Hoenn, Unova and Kalos, and six other people voted for Hoenn other than me. Idk why they’d pick it a lot, but I know I picked it because I like a lot of the Hoenn-set fanfictions I’ve read (most of them were HCS ones because why not lol)
Yeah. That’s probably part of the reason.

Last edited:
Time for a question that is on the opposite side of the scale in comparison to alola: why is Hoenn so popular on the poll?
I have two reasons: the locations and overall amazing cast of characters.

To name a few amazing locations, there’s a town near a volcano with a hot spring, there’s a city that’s in the trees, a city with a space center, a city in the crater of a meteor, and a town floating in the middle of the ocean. They’re all just so vast and creative.

And the character too are mostly interesting. There are a bunch of dads here which have never been seen before like Norman, Mr. Stone, and Professor Birch. Plus there are characters like Wattson, Winona, Tate & Liza, Wallace, Lisia, Phoebe, and Zinnia who can also be interesting.

Due to the abundance of cool characters and myths in Sinnoh, I’d think Sinnoh would be number one. Though, I believe we’ve already got our big Sinnoh “fan-fiction” in Legends Arceus and are “Sinnohed” out.

I have two reasons: the locations and overall amazing cast of characters.

To name a few amazing locations, there’s a town near a volcano with a hot spring, there’s a city that’s in the trees, a city with a space center, a city in the crater of a meteor, and a town floating in the middle of the ocean. They’re all just so vast and creative.

And the character too are mostly interesting. There are a bunch of dads here which have never been seen before like Norman, Mr. Stone, and Professor Birch. Plus there are characters like Wattson, Winona, Tate & Liza, Wallace, Lisia, Phoebe, and Zinnia who can also be interesting.
That’s true.
Due to the abundance of cool characters and myths in Sinnoh, I’d think Sinnoh would be number one. Though, I believe we’ve already got our big Sinnoh “fan-fiction” in Legends Arceus and are “Sinnohed” out.
It doesn’t mean there can’t be more people voting for Sinnoh, although you DO make a compelling point.

Why do the first four regions have more votes than the later five? That is strange. I think it could be due to them being older and more well known?
That might be the case. The poll closes in three days, so we still have time to vote for the other regions and make sure they’re not left behind.

Okay, the poll technically closes in a few minutes, but we can probably announce the results now...

Houen takes the gold medal with seven votes, Unova takes silver with 6 votes, and Shinou/Hisui takes the bronze with 5 votes. Thanks to all who voted!

Now let's discuss a little more: Why do you think these three came out on top? Why do you think poor Alola didn't get any votes at all? Why didn't Kanto and Johto get as many votes as people thought? Why didn't Kalos get more votes? Or maybe you have your own question about the poll--I'll take a few days to discuss and answer questions about the poll before locking the thread.

Arceus, world! Poor Alola. Hoenn made a big fool out of it and Kalos. Aaand I’m literally the only one who voted for Kalos. Not to get controversial, but I guess Alola’s like the Meg of the poll.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom