• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DISCUSSION: Most Popular Region to Set a Fic

Which region do you like to see fics set in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Greninjaman

Actually, platinum is better than gold, with diamond as the best (at least by music award logic)
Then what’s lesser than bronze?
  • Pokémon Platinum
  • Pokémon Diamond/Brilliant Diamond
  • Pokémon Gold/HeartGold
  • Pokémon Silver/SoulSilver
  • Pokémon Bronze/BrickBronze

It's fun when you have two characters from different regions/cultures and have one of them visit the other person's region. The idea of Serena trying to teach Ash French is adorable lol. But maybe that's just because I'm interested in Japanese and studied French in the past.

Time traveling and ancestor/descendant fics in Hisui are also interesting because then you have a lost culture to deal with even though the region is the same. It's like a culture shock but you're still at home lol. Then you can reverse it and have the ancestor go to the future and experience a similar culture shock.

Here's something that I came across: Someone considers Kanto to be perfect for fanfics because there is no world-ending legend like there is for most of the other regions. You can keep the conflict level down to "street-level" as they put it (since most of Team Rocket are simply thieves) or you could do "government conspiracies" and "illegal experiments" (Mewtwo).

@Greninjaman

This means you can make Team Rocket as relatively harmless or as dangerous as you want. That, and they have been known to be dangerous on several occasions (eg. Silph Tower, the Radio Tower, the Lake of Rage, the Lugia storyline in GSC), so as much as Jessie, James, and Meowth fail at even the simplest tasks, doesn't mean the full Team is a pushover.

Somebody write a story where some trainer DOES realize this, please?
I’m writing a Pokémon Adventures story (anime) where one of the characters DOES realize that. I’m not even at that point yet because I’m too lazy, but which character do you think should be the one to realize that? (I’ll PM you the story after I find it)

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom